List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have apparently no interest in Treloar, still interested in Higgins and who else?

The key word is “apparently”.

He’s not leaving Mebourne and he wants to go a challenging team. Pies list managers are going to have ever-increasing sleepless nights as the days go on.

Challenging team rules out North, Bombers won’t even be able to manage the trades they’re doing now, no way Carlton afford him after paying Williams $900k and getting Saad, Hawks - meh, definitely not challenging, Tigers don’t want/need him, Dees - more meh, so flaky and a lousy coach, Dogs too busy trying not to lose Dunkley and with a packed midfield anyway.....

of course we’re not asking the question. Sitting on our hands waiting until they come to us....

(At the very least it will keep us in interested if it appears we’re done with our trading for the year.)

Last edited:
The key word is “apparently”.

He’s not leaving Mebourne and he wants to go a challenging team. Pies list managers are going to have ever-increasing sleepless nights as the days go on.

Challenging team rules out North, Bombers won’t even be able to manage the trades they’re doing now, no way Carlton afford him after paying Williams $900k, Hawks - meh, definitely not challenging, Tigers don’t want/need him, Dees - more meh, so flaky and a lousy coach, Dogs too busy trying not to lose Dunkley and with a packed midfield anyway.....

of course we’re not asking the question. Sitting on our hands waiting until they come to us....

My gut says Hawks will be in play. Clarko is a big sell.

Update: Tigers still want Higgins but happy to trade also. Whisper out is Higgins weighing up whether he wants out, most likely to St Kilda.

I think Gallagher hinted at that in a roundabout way on trade radio also.

Do you struggle to break of character when you get off BigFooty? Or does your missus think you spent all day hiding under a St.Kilda board room table getting mad scoops?

My gut says Hawks will be in play. Clarko is a big sell.

Always is ... but they are far from contending which is what he “apparently“ wants - there’s that word again. 😊

I can't see any club being interested in Roberton with him not playing in so long.

Treloar seems very very unlikely to happen. Gags didn't close the door completely today, but it doesn't sound like we will go out of our way to make it happen either.

My interpretation of Gags’ comments today where more of him saying - Treloar needs to come out and request a trade to us and we can work to get it done. We’re not going to chase him hard... especially when Snags is still being played out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you struggle to break of character when you get off BigFooty? Or does your missus think you spent all day hiding under a St.Kilda board room table getting mad scoops?

Surely flamingo is one of us regulars in disguise clark kent/superman style?

It would need to be someone smart- smart enough to sound so dumb...so joffas out i suppose.
😛

#whoisjonnyray

Last edited:
As much as I love Seb I would move him on to make space for Treloar, we still don't have that player that stands up in clutch moments to win the game. Steele and Gresh are nearly there but as much as some bag Adam his has that match winning ability. I feel bad for Seb because he has been a loyal servant for our club but right now is the time to move him on with North/Ess /Adel and maybe GC needing mature mids and the picks being suggested for some players being well over.
681ed64d14c49c1d1870b975db6d57f1.gif

AFL Trade Radio -

"Things are looking more positive with us regarding Jake Carlisle... there'll be a resolution there soon"

- James Gallagher (Saints list boss)

#AFLTrade

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My take with Treloar is we are watching the situation and will step in IF the situation got to a point where he was very cheap and some of his money was taken care of, but that we aren't willing to step away from our strategic list plan just yet.

I was super impressed when he spoke about how we re making calculated, planed moves rather than just jumping for any free player out there. Gives me a lot of confidence on Gags building this list going forward.

We need to remember that Treloar controls the trade. He is contracted for another 5 years. He doesn’t go anywhere unless he agrees to it.

We keep hearing from various media people that Saints are the club Treloar prefers to go to if he leaves Collingwood (who are now a distressed seller).

There is a lot to play out, especially if Treloar dictates the club he wants to be traded to.

Yes McKernan not good enough to play No1 ruck well.

So if Marshall or Ryder are out the one remaining will need to play the No1 ruck role with McKernan mainly playing forward and resting ruck. McKernan is quite capable in this role, but clearly a step down (but way better than Abbott).

McKernan on out list means that we can choose games to rest Marshall or Ryder in. Particularly Ryder.

If Marshall or Ryder are both out, then we are in trouble.
if Mckernan was in the best 22 Essendon wouldn't have delisted him. he knows he is being picked up as insurance policy if something ochhappens to King we need a onther tall.

Great news for us- the pies now don't really have a fallback position of him staying, just like how we didn't have a fallback of steven staying last year.

When you have no fallback and simply must make a deal- then you are going to take a bath on your sell price.
The pies will be hoping for a bidding war between a few clubs- but I reckon we're in the box seat to get adams exclusive nomination (if we wanted it).

I reckon we'll get him... with us paying circa 750k a year x 5 and the equivalent of around pick 20 in trade cost.

Nothing wrong with McKernan for a year. Fills a gap and won't clog anything in the future. He's the break glass ruck/forward.

Would still like a good tall defender coming in. Carlisle's back iffy, only Clav and Joyce in reserve. Maybe we'll go after a good backman next year.

I cannot see us being able to fit Treloar's contract in without renegotiating.

Is there a reason why we can’t?
Front end it hopefully. Pretty sure he’d be happy with that because the Pies back ended his contract so he’s been playing for less right now.

Clarko would need to make one hell of a pitch given where Hawthorn finished and their age profile (oldest list in the comp as of the start of the season I believe).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back