AFL Grand Final 2021 Grand Final - Melbourne vs Western Bulldogs - Sat, Sept 25 - 5:15pm AWST / 7:15pm AEST

Who you want to win the flag?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

5 minutes in the MCC when they aren't 10 goals down will quickly flip this opinion.

See I'm a man of the people and happily take my place in the great unwashed of the Great Southern Stand.

Quite simple take out Gawn and the Bulldogs win.
A little bit drastic, don't you think?

77374810001_1496381365001_ari-origin06-arc-21532-1331242726766.jpg

If the Demons win I really feel for Nathan Jones not getting to be a part of it. He was a bloody warrior for them when they were painfully bad and he had to have had better offers come through to go to teams that weren't getting pantsed every week. Not sure there's a player on their list that deserves the accolade more.

Kane Cornes wrote an article for the “pre-game” in the West Australian about what a hard luck story and what an injustice should Dangerfield miss out on a premiership medal. I politely responded that Nathan Jones is an injustice - captained during one of their toughest periods in history and never left that field wondering if he had given 💯

Kane Cornes wrote an article for the “pre-game” in the West Australian about what a hard luck story and what an injustice should Dangerfield miss out on a premiership medal. I politely responded that Nathan Jones is an injustice - captained during one of their toughest periods in history and never left that field wondering if he had given 💯
Plenty of deserving players throughout history who never got a premiership medal. Many moreso than Dangerfield.

I'm hoping 4 a demons win.
The dogs fans have to contemplate a loosing GF.
They got their win in 2016 and haven't lost won since '61.
Many Demons fans have seen the floggings they received in both '88 & 2000.

The Harp Hotel in Kew on Grand Final day 2016 with the whole pub cheering the Doggies home was a fantastic place to be. It was such a great day and everyone was thrilled for them to break their drought.

Foundation clubs like Bulldogs, Dees, Saints and even North I feel have been short changed by the AFL's quest for world domination and $$$$ at any cost attitude.

The Dees have waited long enough. Its their time now.

The Harp Hotel in Kew on Grand Final day 2016 with the whole pub cheering the Doggies home was a fantastic place to be. It was such a great day and everyone was thrilled for them to break their drought.

Ned Kellys Australian Bar in Munich. 200 Aussies. 4 people in Swans jumpers and 196 people cheering on the Dogs. Game stated at 5:30am. Pint of Weihenstephan Hefe Weissbier and a bowl of wedges for breakfast.
Stressed through the preliminary final the week before back home knowing the motivation levels to get up that early for a Swans/Giants Grand Final may not be high enough.
Was the first time I had ever been overseas and this was 4 days into the trip.
Drunkest i'd ever been. Don't remember the walk back to the hostel but remember waking up at 4pm wondering if i'd watched the Dogs win the flag or if it had been a dream.

This is part of the reason why I rate my enjoyment levels for the 2016 flag over the 2013 and 2015 ones. Sometimes the places were you were can make a moment a million times better.

I’ve been given 2 tickets from Doggies supporting friends on the ‘condition’ we (wife & I ) go for Doggies.

I’ve been given 1 ticket from a Melbourne supporting lifelong friend with no conditions. I’m giving that to my oldest son.

We are sitting with the Doggies supporters but supporting Melbourne just quietly

Happy for either of these teams to win after the Cats choked last week.

Melbourne are a seriously talented group and Footscrazy play scramble-footy like no-one else, Richmond included.

Hope it’s a good game. Wish it was earlier in the day, in the sunshine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Plenty of deserving players throughout history who never got a premiership medal. Many moreso than Dangerfield.

Bloody oath. He might even have one by now had he stayed at Adelaide and played in the '17 grand final.

Lenny Hayes and Nick Riewoldt immediately spring to mind.

Brendan Whitecross comes straight to my mind.

Brendan Whitecross comes straight to my mind.

Whitecross purely because he was on the list for 5 grand finals, 4 premierships and didn't play in one. Amazing that he still managed to stay a positive piece for the club through all that, on and off field.

Whitecross purely because he was on the list for 5 grand finals, 4 premierships and didn't play in one. Amazing that he still managed to stay a positive piece for the club through all that, on and off field.

Concur - and if you've met the man affectionally known as Swiss, which by pure luck I did in 2017, all he wants to talk about is how grateful he was to be part of a club in a great Premiership era!
When my mate started to ask him about his terrible luck with injuries pre-finals, Swiss cut him off and jovially stated; 'Mate, I've simply no interest in even thinking about what wasn't, how often does anyone talk about not winning a chook raffle or Tattslotto, ha ha..?'
Genuine and classy fella.

Last edited:
Concur - and if you've met the man affectionally known as Swiss, which by pure luck I did in 2017, all he wants to talk about is how grateful he was to part of a club in a great Premiership era!
When my mate started to ask him about his terrible luck with inquires pre-finals, Swiss cut him off and jovially stated; 'Mate, I've simply no interest in even thinking about what wasn't, how often does anyone talk about not winning a chook raffle or Tattslotto, ha ha..?'

Always admired what he did, had the landscaping business and used to give draftees gigs here or there if they were rookie listed or whatever else. Help them have a career even if footy wasn't gonna give them one.

Concur - and if you've met the man affectionally known as Swiss, which by pure luck I did in 2017, all he wants to talk about is how grateful he was to part of a club in a great Premiership era!
When my mate started to ask him about his terrible luck with injuries pre-finals, Swiss cut him off and jovially stated; 'Mate, I've simply no interest in even thinking about what wasn't, how often does anyone talk about not winning a chook raffle or Tattslotto, ha ha..?'
Was one of my favourite players from
The pre three peat era but after the knees it took its toll, I still remember this article;

I have no doubt he had a significant impact on our club and culture that helped us win those flags

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Grand Final 2021 Grand Final - Melbourne vs Western Bulldogs - Sat, Sept 25 - 5:15pm AWST / 7:15pm AEST

Back