List Mgmt. 2021 List Management: Draft, Trade, Free Agency and Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disagree strongly, the last 2/3 years they have drafted well.
Who would you have picked up with the picks we had, give credit where it’s due.

Trading in players and picks is entirely another matter IMO. Here’s where they have fallen
down, but that’s completely different to drafting!
To clarify, I was talking about trading in players.

Is the drop from 3 to 6 really so insignificant? Is getting 3 going to change Freo's plans?
The quality of the player at the pick would be deciding factor, the interesting thing for me will be the disappointment after about what we traded with pick #6 to get to use pick #5 in the draft... even though our pick #6 turned into pick #8

Let’s look at what Brodie has to compete with for a game:
Miller - gun, almost AA calibre.
Swallow - club leader and very decent player.
Greenwood - not that great but needed for experience.
Ellis - Premiership player and good player.
Rowell - Pick 1, a few BOGs at 18.
Anderson - Pick 2, almost stole the RS off Serong.
Lukosius- Pick 2, one of the best kicks in the league.
Fiorini - Solid player and ball magnet.
Bowes - Pick 10, good young player.

That’s not including Hollands who went pick 5 last year and has barely recovered from a serious injury.

Wright from Essendon, Lyons from Brisbane and Scrimshaw from Hawthorn couldn’t get a game at Gold Coast. Brodie will need a decent run of games before he can be judged correctly. Most Gold Coast fans (yes they exist) think he should play more than he does.

Acres was getting games at St Kilda and was still a spud.

Not sure he gets too many games in 2022 but walks into the side if one of our first choice inside mids gets injured.
This makes way to much sense for BF. Who is this?? Leigh Montagna?

General opinion from non aligned footy people is that Jordan Dawson is worth a pick in the mid teens, that being the case Jordan Clark is really worth no more than 27. Freo may have to stump up slightly more for Geel to appease their fans but it should be a value in the 20's no more. If Geel baulk call their bluff.

I'd wary of anything reporters are saying at the moment, there is no content and they are going to be pushing anything and everything they can.

Not saying it wont happen but I'd take it all with a grain of salt until something definitive comes out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd wary of anything reporters are saying at the moment, there is no content and they are going to be pushing anything and everything they can.

Not saying it wont happen but I'd take it all with a grain of salt until something definitive comes out
Yeah they'll jump at any hint of a move atm, won't be surprised if the Lachie Neale to Freo move starts getting talked about again

Jordan Clark is really worth
We shouldn't be paying any pick higher than the position Jordan finishes in Geelong's FnB this year. Definitely nothing starting with a 1, I think he's only <currently> worth an early 30's pick.

Yeah they'll jump at any hint of a move atm, won't be surprised if the Lachie Neale to Freo move starts getting talked about again

If we're willing to give one of our 1st rounders, it gets done.

Rocks up to the Brownlow not wearing a tie scruffy as **** sounding more monotone than usual saying he didn't want to wear one..next minute he's got a tie on.
Its obvious to me he's trying to drop hints like "i don't want to be here"

I doubt anyone is actively pursuing Lobb. It’s clearly Freo putting it out there to gauge interest. Worth a pick in the 20s, but given his monster contract id say more so in the 30s.

I wonder why Lobb is so keen to go? I rate him, he’s a good complement to Tabs leading style. And he can kick a bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back