List Mgmt. 2021 List Management: Draft, Trade, Free Agency and Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. Don't twist my comments. I obviously wish for a healthy backline. One where players are fighting for spots, not gifted games due to a glut of injuries.

We obviously have greater needs.

BUT I repeat our backline isn't fine. No one can realistically say that it is. What they can say is that we have depth in that area and it isn't a need at the draft right now. But injured depth is useless. You cant keep drafting to fix the areas you stuffed up on through poor form, injuries or whatever.

Clearly we need some forward/midfield presence.

But if someone like Bazzo is available at a hypothetical pick 40 then I'd be jumping on that over anything else.
Totally agree - Bazzo will be a jet, can’t see him getting picked later than 25-35 imo.
Erasmus and Milera Wanganeen-Milera early for me.

But - If we split 6/8 which will really be 8/10 I can definitely see that.
Use 6 and split 8 with a pick swap of next years 2nd to get 2 picks in the 14 -24 range - assuming we use the upgraded 27-25 on Jordan Clark.
Clark is well worth a pick 20-27 if Geelong agree which they should fold.

Go to the draft with 6, 14 and 22 - something like that.
Get:
6 - Erasmus/Wanganeen-Milera
14 - Rachele/ JVR/ Amiss
22 - JVR/ Roberts/ Warner/ Williams

Benning Cat B if he lasts past 40, he was a Paddy Ryder clone in the 3rd and 4th quarter of the Colts GF.

If you're thinking Valente is a "bigger inside bull" then you're going to be very disappointed. When I saw him playing Peel reserves he is not all that big and certainly not a bull.

I agree what I saw of Valente and NOD at Peel, they came across as run of the mill WAFL quality, whereas Walker, despite not getting a lot of the ball, stood out with the way he moved and clearly looked like he could step up to the next level

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Stick to pick #27 and if we upgrade that to #25 from Carlton then we have budged, they'll have to come to the party and accept it.

Then we trade our future second for Brodie and #19.
Then we will have only 3 main draft + 2 rookie picks, unless Lobb goes or we rearrange our
rookies.

Then we will have only 3 main draft + 2 rookie picks, unless Lobb goes or we rearrange our
rookies.
If our main draft picks are #6, #8 and #19 then I don't see a problem with that.

Especially when we have also added two former first round picks to the squad in Clark and Brodie.

We would be adding basically five extra first round picks to the squad in one off season.

Ffs Clark is a HBF that we don't need but we might turn him into a wingman.
25 years of this type of sh*t is what has turned us into sh*t.
I’m with you Salim.

Separately That 2016 Logue v Naughton Draft really put a dagger through your Purple heart didn’t it Salim? Good news is we will also have pick 10 from that draft coming over as well…

My advice, only regret the things you don’t do, everything else is just a learning.

I feel the club is turning Salim, head back to training this preseason and tell us if it is?

If our main draft picks are #6, #8 and #19 then I don't see a problem with that.

Especially when we have also added two former first round picks to the squad in Clark and Brodie.

We would be adding basically five extra first round picks to the squad in one off season.
That’s a stretch

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Totally agree - Bazzo will be a jet, can’t see him getting picked later than 25-35 imo.
Erasmus and Milera Wanganeen-Milera early for me.

But - If we split 6/8 which will really be 8/10 I can definitely see that.
Use 6 and split 8 with a pick swap of next years 2nd to get 2 picks in the 14 -24 range - assuming we use the upgraded 27-25 on Jordan Clark.
Clark is well worth a pick 20-27 if Geelong agree which they should fold.

Go to the draft with 6, 14 and 22 - something like that.
Get:
6 - Erasmus/Wanganeen-Milera
14 - Rachele/ JVR/ Amiss
22 - JVR/ Roberts/ Warner/ Williams

Benning Cat B if he lasts past 40, he was a Paddy Ryder clone in the 3rd and 4th quarter of the Colts GF.

right on the money

With the apparent premium on draft picks this year is it really worth us chasing Clark so hard when the Cats are intent on being being so campaignery?

I feel like this is another trade that could go wrong for us.

Ffs Clark is a HBF that we don't need but we might turn him into a wingman.
25 years of this type of sh*t is what has turned us into sh*t.

Sometimes I wonder if you’re actually me?

Bit of a fight club vibe.

Spoiler …I’m Brad 2CFB0E90-9A0A-4BAB-B0B3-CDEC0F4F2D39.jpeg

can anyone tell me how far out is pick 27 likely to go with F/S and other bids going down...could it go out to 31 for example....maybe that's part of the Geelong resistance and there wanting something that is more realistically an early 2nd rounder

So it’s apparently close enough to a done deal, so I’d like to hear honest opinions re Clark from those that have seen a lot of him play. Could he end up an a grader down the track? I’m assuming he will start on a wing round 1?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So it’s apparently close enough to a done deal, so I’d like to hear honest opinions re Clark from those that have seen a lot of him play. Could he end up an a grader down the track? I’m assuming he will start on a wing round 1?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

the issue...if any ...won't be about talent and on field performance imop...he has the ability to be elite ( recall Gary Ablett sen. starting of at Hawthorn but struggling to fit in to the life and average on the field..then a few years later at Geelong kapow)

5 pages of kicking the boots into Logue and generally trash talking the back line, and this is the point you’ve been working your way up to?

I want my money back.

LOL.
I think we’re incomplete across all lines unless at full strength.
At full strength and full ability we’re banging down the door of top 6. But it’s been so long since we’ve ever been close to full strength.

I like Bazzo and he can play forward as well. I feel he’ll be in the 30-36 bracket.

I really feel we should take advantage of the Gold Coast pick fire sale even if it is pick 61.

If after the Clark and Cerra trades we have in our possession picks 6 and 8 but nothing in the second round then we need to try and get back into the second round for Williams 26-32 and/or Bazzo 29-35.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back