List Mgmt. 2021 List Management

Remove this Banner Ad

Would Jared Polec have helped us play finals more than Matt Cottrell?? The answer is a resounding yes, and why I think our list managers went soft on the delisting..

Would Jared Polec have helped us play finals more than Matt Cottrell?? The answer is a resounding yes, and why I think our list managers went soft on the delisting..
In my opinion, too many people omit the term "in my opinion" when they make personal judgement calls.

Jared Polec laughable
Please compare Amon's 2 way running ability to Obriens before even considering a comparison

Polec would probably look great in a top four team where he could be a receiver and show off his finishing skills. We haven’t shown that we’re the sort of team that could cover his weaknesses yet, every chance he’d starve at Carlton and he’s in the final year of a very expensive contract that North have to pay out now.

We’ve spent years building this list, watching them come through together since they were 18. I’m glad we’re giving them all a chance under a different coach and game plan, this time next year we’ll have a better idea of who deserves their spot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Two rookie spots to be filled by LOB and Cottrell.

I still think we'll be taking someone else in the SSP. Can't see Doc being available for selection any time soon.

Cottrell was already a rookie though? So he is essentially is just getting his spot back. And LOB takes one of the spots that were previously Honey/Kennedy.. okay maybe there is only one rookie spot left? Well, plus a likely SSP for Doc.

Cottrell was already a rookie though? So he is essentially is just getting his spot back. And LOB takes one of the spots that were previously Honey/Kennedy.. okay maybe there is only one rookie spot left? Well, plus a likely SSP for Doc.

No rookie spots left. We'll be going with a 36/6 split, and have 35/6 currently.

Can't see Doc being available for selection any time soon.
People keep saying this... I'm guessing on the back of Rowe's layoff, but that was forecast at the time he went in for surgery and to start chemo, and they said at the time (May 2012), that he would resume for the 2013 pre-season.

For Docherty the first time in 2020, he had surgery at the start of November, and didn't miss round 1 of 2021.

This time it's:

Docherty will now undergo 12 weeks of chemotherapy before a planned return to preseason training ahead of the 2022 campaign.

Is everyone here an oncologist, or do they think they can eyeball the nature of and recovery time for a cancer relapse?

I believe Cottrell had done three years so couldn't just roll on for another. Has to be redrafted.

A 4th year now allowed but also stems from the recommitment to rookie - what if there’s a player we really like avail. Same happened with Billy Gowers.

Is it going to be an unwritten rule that no clubs step in on players under the recommitted to rookie?

Is everyone here an oncologist, or do they think they can eyeball the nature of and recovery time for a cancer relapse?

Nothing to do with Rowe. I'm also not an oncologist, and I've never claimed to be.

As for the rest of the comment, it's a bit rich coming from someone who in every second post likes to portray themselves as an expert on a whole range of topics on the back of light reading and Youtube clips.

A 4th year now allowed but also stems from the recommitment to rookie - what if there’s a player we really like avail. Same happened with Billy Gowers.

We're going into the draft with one pick. I think it's fair to say we don't particularly rate this draft.

Not sure we'd committed to picking up Gowers in the same manner as we have Cottrell and LOB, but could be wrong on that front.

Is it going to be an unwritten rule that no clubs step in on players under the recommitted to rookie?

Yes. The reasons for doing it may have changed, but beyond that it's nothing new as far as I'm aware.

Nothing to do with Rowe. I'm also not an oncologist, and I've never claimed to be.

As for the rest of the comment, it's a bit rich coming from someone who in every second post likes to portray themselves as an expert on a whole range of topics on the back of light reading and Youtube clips.
This. How ridiculous, to pillory people for suggesting Docherty might have a somewhat cautious return to football after suffering a second bout of cancer.

I reckon Doc will take a month to recover from chemo and should be good to go for pre season.

He will a least be doing some form of training. He hasn't had surgery and effect of chemo goes away in 2-3 weeks.

Don't ride off the Doc. He will be back swinging and playing round 1.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2021 List Management

Remove this Banner Ad

Back