List Mgmt. 2021 Mid-Season Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

If other clubs aren’t that keen on Stengle because of his off field issues,then it might be better to go for Callow
with our first pick and then Stengle with our second.A lot of clubs probably won’t even take part in this draft,so he could still be available by the second round.

I only see us taking one pick.
Stengle will be picked up by somebody if it’s not us at pick 3,
Its a no brainer for me ...has the talent, has the need and is a free hit essentially.
Must take.

Hi everyone take a chill pill - Stengle is coming 100% - to all the PC’s on this board, t deal with it. He fu**s up he is out, so low risk

Pick 1 Edwards
Pick 2 Moyle
Pick 3 Stengle

Locked in.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Resistance to Stengle is not about being 'PC', its about being wary of bringing someone into the club who apparently lacks self-discipline and AFL-level commitment. We've been badly burnt by that in recent times.

But saying that, people do change, its the MSD and the risk is moderated, so Stengle's probably worth a look.

Have to.
Its an absolute no brainer on talent and need.

Take another Small and not someone be on his 3rd Chance after getting Kicked out of 2 Clubs

I have nothing against the kid and hope he makes it.
Pavlich is one example of it working out. Countless examples over the years where it goes the other way. The recruiters have much more of an idea than us, so if they opt for Callow they/he will have my full support.
We ha e benefited from a lot of 19 year olds eg Tom Langdon and Tyson Goldsack and Jamie Elliott

Seemingly everyone is far more convinced of Graham Wright targeting a KPF in the MSD than me. He was asked the question of “do you need key forwards or key backs?” and so rightly pointed out that Moore and Roughead are excellent defenders so... I guess? ... key forwards?!

... But it seemed in no way a definite statement that we were planning on doing anything about it in the MSD.

Seemingly everyone is far more convinced of Graham Wright targeting a KPP in the MSD than me. He was asked the question of “do you need key forwards or key backs?” and so rightly pointed out that Moore and Roughead are excellent defenders so... I guess? ... key forwards?!

... But it seemed in no way a definite statement that we were planning on doing anything about it in the MSD.

They won't be telling everyone there Plans

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seemingly everyone is far more convinced of Graham Wright targeting a KPF in the MSD than me. He was asked the question of “do you need key forwards or key backs?” and so rightly pointed out that Moore and Roughead are excellent defenders so... I guess? ... key forwards?!

Specifically states they were talking about the mid-season draft.

The fact we flew Stengle over to melb to meet the coaches... sounds like we're quite into him.
There will probably be the usual outcry if we pick someone who’s been in trouble with the law, so we’d want to make sure he’s willing to toe the line before committing to him. Even the appearance of due diligence has some value. Mind you, if we don’t pick him it will be because we’re racist now, so we’ve painted ourselves into a corner.

I would be taking Moyle and trade him end of year for Daicos points or keep him 3-4 years to develop him. He reminds me a touch of Max Gawn.
2nd pick I'd take Callow or Stengle.
3rd pick- Is Greenwood going to get right/Howe worth him playing this year? Club is better off getting games into Keane, Wilson, Ruscoe Murphy than a few games from Howe in 2021. take lambert/Stengle or another small fwd.

We should be more aggressive this draft than other clubs as a lot of these players will be ones we will be looking at come the draft for a last pick after Dib and Daicos. There could be 2-3 we really rate that would go 40-60 that we may not get access to.

At this stage it looks like will have to trade out a 2022 2nd rounder. Ideally I would want to keep that for 2022. 2nd rounders have costs us as badly as 1st rounders in recent years.

Yeah I agree. It was framed as ‘would you be looking for a CHF or CHB’ dependent on where Moore plays. Wright confirmed Moore as CHB with Roughead at FB gives us two good key backs so I guess we’d be looking for a forward.

I didn’t take it as an answer to what we’re looking for in the MSD directly but it would seem more likely that we take a KPF before a KPB I’d we were to take a KP.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

He was a rookie pick. Is he really that talented? Looks more like a 25-35 player on list to me
His goal average from the few games he's played isn't anything to write home about. But if you look at his highlights videos he is slippery and skilled and likes a chase down tackle. He looks like he'd be an immediate upgrade on Brown or Thomas. A drink driving offence and drug use.. It's not overly serious. Worth a punt.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2021 Mid-Season Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back