Opinion 2021 Non-Crows AFL 3: Things Fall Apart!

Who sneaks in to 7th & 8th?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding the whole "bid on Daicos" thing, maybe I'm remembering wrong, but didn't the rules change on that as of this year? If a team bids in the top 20 then they just get the player, right?

Wasn't that the whole story with Ugle-Hagan being the last of his kind?
NGA's not F/S's

who's available though? The had a look at Campo and wisely said no. Ben Hart just got a VFL gig, obviously a lack of decent coaches around the place. We still employ Godden.
Schofield wasn't availiable....WCE took him.

Everyone is available if you can spend the coin.

They tell everyone they are a big boy club. Then fail to replace two key staff who left.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Not sure about that for a side that is definitely in Premiership window and given the strength of their list, Bruest and Greene in the same forward line would send shivers down AFL coach's spine.

Tom Boyd delivered the Dogs a Premiership.
They're not that close, that they'd be willing to give up #13 for a player with (probably) only 1-2 more years left in him. Surely the fact that they only scraped into the finals, before being massacred in the semis, should have stripped them of that delusion?

They are not one Luke Breust away from a premiership.

Schofield wasn't availiable....WCE took him.

Everyone is available if you can spend the coin.

They tell everyone they are a big boy club. Then fail to replace two key staff who left.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

they can be held to their contracts though. I'd argue they've done extremely well the last few years with the quality of their assistants. Until this year, miles ahead of us. I don't think you should just accept poor quality for the sake of filling the seat.

They're not that close, that they'd be willing to give up #13 for a player with (probably) only 1-2 more years left in him. Surely the fact that they only scraped into the finals, before being massacred in the semis, should have stripped them of that delusion?

Nope the GWS have a fantastic list with few holes, they're flag contenders the next few years whether you think so or not.

Nope the GWS have a fantastic list with few holes, they're flag contenders the next few years whether you think so or not.
They're really not - they're nowhere near the level Melbourne or the Dogs are currently at. Maybe if they get rid of Leon Cameron, replacing him with a competent Senior Coach, but there's no sign of that happening.

GWS were incredibly lucky to beat Sydney, winning largely because of Sydney's inaccuracy. In the semi-finals, they lost to Geelong by 6 goals. Geelong, in turn, couldn't get within 40pts of Port & 80pts of Melbourne. That's how far GWS are from winning the flag.

I don't think they're even close enough to fool themselves into thinking they're one "missing piece" away, Port Adelaide style.

They're really not - they're nowhere near the level Melbourne or the Dogs are currently at. Maybe if they get rid of Leon Cameron, replacing him with a competent Senior Coach, but there's no sign of that happening.

GWS were incredibly lucky to beat Sydney, winning largely because of Sydney's inaccuracy. In the semi-finals, they lost to Geelong by 6 goals. Geelong, in turn, couldn't get within 40pts of Port & 80pts of Melbourne. That's how far GWS are from winning the flag.

I don't think they're even close enough to fool themselves into thinking they're one "missing piece" away, Port Adelaide style.
You're wrong, you really need to watch more football rather than looking at just the results and scorelines.

You're wrong, you really need to watch more football rather than looking at just the results and scorelines.
I have watched them. They're nowhere near as dangerous without Cameron up forward.

GWS today are nowhere near as strong as they were in 2019.

They won 11 H&A games in 2021, with a % less than 100%. Melbourne & the Dogs both won 17. There was a big gap between 6th (Sydney - 15 wins) and 7th (GWS - 11 wins). That's a pretty reasonable indicator of where they are right now. Luke Breust is not the difference between 11 wins and 17 wins.

I have watched them. They're nowhere near as dangerous without Cameron up forward.

They won 11 H&A games in 2021, with a % less than 100%. Melbourne & the Dogs both won 17. There was a big gap between 6th (Sydney - 15 wins) and 7th (GWS - 11 wins). That's a pretty reasonable indicator of where they are right now. Luke Breust is not the difference between 11 wins and 17 wins.

serious doubts about whether you even watch us, near zero chance you watch GWS.

Jesse Hogan looked pretty good when he started to get up to speed with his fitness, another pre-season into him he'll fill the hole Cameron left.

Even Hogan going at half rat power this season looks pretty good up against that of Cameron.

Jesse Hogan looked pretty good when he started to get up to speed with his fitness, another pre-season into him he'll fill the hole Cameron left.

Even Hogan going at half rat power this season looks pretty good up against that of Cameron.

Cameron's sharing a forward line with Hawkins - who kicked a lazy 62 goals for the year.

I've long since given up on Hogan as an AFL footballer. If he makes it with GWS, then good luck to him. I still don't think they're anywhere near the top level. They're further from the top level (Melbourne/Dogs) than Adelaide were from making the finals (6 wins off, vs 4 wins), and nobody is suggesting that Adelaide were close to being a finals quality team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't get me wrong - I WANT Sydney to get a win here..ABP..remember ABP (Anyone but Port)

I'm all for their compounding misery at the moment. Could cause some fun melts.

I'm not so sure.

Fantastic midfield but their spine is starting to look quite weak. Think they've neglected their KPP stocks for a bit too long. The ruck is also an issue.

focus on the bigger picture - do you really want Port loading up on 1st and 2nd rounders? I don't

I want Hinkley to survive for as long as possible. Another 1st round pick helps out with that ;)

GWS would've got 13 back with 5 when hawthorn traded for 2 so its much of a muchness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back