Opinion 2021 Non-Crows AFL 3: Things Fall Apart!

Who sneaks in to 7th & 8th?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the end of the day its the players who make the decisions.

Kids get coddled more and more these days with schools and parents going out of their way to baby them. They then get drafted and sent far from home in some cases to interstate clubs. Some just aren't able to cope. The question is, should the draft age be lifted to 20. Yes the career is shorter by two years but they can develop in the local leagues.

Resilience is in short supply nowadays in Australia.

What about US kids - travel anywhere for education and to play in professional sports (inc College football and basketball)

Great example of how stupid Koch thinks his clubs supporters are.

Gaining MG as a sponsor is touted as a great success for the "China Strategy" and sold as such to the Tealsters lemmings.

Reality being, MG saw Port sponsorship as a cheap option for brand recognition as part of its Australian launch. Every major car seller in Australia sponsors an AFL club. Port had a major sponsorship slot available at the time of their launch.

More a coincidence than a real part of the "Chinese Strategy".

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Their supporters are so gullible/eager to lap up the spin from their club.

Almost all AFL clubs have/had a vehicle manufacturer as a sponsor without having to put on a travelling carnival show to land it.

Yet the Powah faithful tell us that MG ONLY signed up as a sponsor after an in person visit from Kenny to get the deal over the line. Hilarious the level of delusion over there.

Last edited:

From my recollections the AFL was keen on Port having one but they couldn’t manage China and AFLW at the same time. Once Adelaide proposed the link with NT the AFL got on board.
My point is that the AFL were keen to have Port have the first SA AFLW team whether it was from the outset or not.

the AFL didn't think there was enough quality players in SA to support a side. Both clubs were set to miss out.

Player cap yes. Player salaries funded by AFL.

Clubs have to fund the Football Department though.

A few years ago North made a big deal about being able to fully fund their Football Department.

You would think they would want to replace Voss and Schofield with more than internal promotions and an Analytics/Development coach in Luke Kelly.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

who's available though? The had a look at Campo and wisely said no. Ben Hart just got a VFL gig, obviously a lack of decent coaches around the place. We still employ Godden.

GWS can't be serious about trading pick 13 for a soon-to-be 31 year old Luke Breust

GWS can't be serious about trading pick 13 for a soon-to-be 31 year old Luke Breust
AFL.com.au’s Cal Twomey suggested the Hawks and Giants agreed to the trade, which would have involved pick no.13 heading to the Hawks, but it was knocked back by Breust.

Hawks would be spewing!!

AFL.com.au’s Cal Twomey suggested the Hawks and Giants agreed to the trade, which would have involved pick no.13 heading to the Hawks, but it was knocked back by Breust.

Hawks would be spewing!!
I assume Hawthorn would have been sending pick #21 back the other way, possibly a future 2nd or 3rd as well? Bruest is a very good player, but there's no way he's worth #13 at his age.

I assume Hawthorn would have been sending pick #21 back the other way, possibly a future 2nd or 3rd as well? Bruest is a very good player, but there's no way he's worth #13 at his age.
You'd hope they'd be sending 14 back if they were gonna get 13 for Breust.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the AFL didn't think there was enough quality players in SA to support a side. Both clubs were set to miss out.
This is correct, and then Port decided to prioritise China as a result.

Surely Lynch could gave played a couple of years there..... and cost nothing.
Lynch will apparently be signing with North, as a rookie. I think he still has 2 years left in him, maybe 3.

Unlike Lynch, there haven't been any reports of any club wanting to sign Talia.

Hard to argue with that logic - Lynch is the only one of the pair who isn't completely cooked.

Never forget all the Port supporters that suddenly became China experts in the space of a few months, with vast knowledge of Chinese society, business dealings, politeness and manners.
Then take your mind back to that historic first game and all those clowns that paid thousands to be there.
Then the empty stands and the full marquees out the back.
Bless them all.
You have given them a severe loss of face there

So Sam Mitchell rings other clubs.

“We’ve got four good players we’d like to trade..

They’re all getting on a bit..so we don’t want them anymore but they’d be great for you!

And we’d really like to get a decent pick for each.

Oh and by the way, we’re a bit desperate…”

No interest. Colour me surprised.

Is this a good way to start your coaching career?
Club culture should be good

I reckon Lions should look at some experience in their team. I feel like when they lost Rayner and Hipwood they were exposed in the forward line. I reckon they should look at players such as Ceglar, Bruest or Gunston as an example for a tilt for a premiership.
Need more frampton

Not sure about that for a side that is definitely in Premiership window and given the strength of their list, Bruest and Greene in the same forward line would send shivers down AFL coach's spine.

Tom Boyd delivered the Dogs a Premiership.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back