2021 Non-Crows AFL Discussion Part 1: we can have lots of fun!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who sues who?

AFL control all IP.
They own it all.

How can Port sue the AFL, when the AFL effectively owns Port.

Collingwood's branding/imagery is all owned by the AFL as well. Albeit Collingwood are not AFL owned, member ran

It is like one MacDonald's franchise owned store suing an independently owned McDonald's store for using the MacDonalds branding.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Because the AFL has licensed the IP to Collingwood/its part of their agreement as a team in the AFL competition.

The Collingwood Football Club believe that the black and white stripes are their intellectual property in the AFL

The legal argument is not about whether other teams around the world wear similar designs, but whether Collingwood have a legitimate IP claim and whether Port using black and white stripes infringes on their IP.

It would be a very interesting court case, but I suspect that Collingwood will win.

There's clear evidence that Collingwood use the black and white stripes on their logo and other merchandise so from a commercial stand point it's definitely a very strong argument that it's their IP.

If I was to prosecute any argument in this fight it would be that Collingwood ONLY use black and white strips

The walking talking identity crisis from down the road, use teal , silver , lightning bolts , diagonal stripes , stylised digestive tracts, V’s with little V’s and teal sox

Not surprised the Port TV news bit ends with a call to arms for the Port supporters to hit the merch shop and spend spend spend

Thats what this is all about - money.

Port Powah haven't worn the Wharf Pylons for 24 years (Ok just for 4 games) but apparently now it is a crucial part of their clubs fabric.

Go figure, nothing to do with them been millions in debt and the SANFL won't bail them out anymore.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

spun twice and dropped the ball but wasnt holding the ball or incorrect disposal
At least theres consistency the other way (right then)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back