Training 2021 Pre Season training watch

Remove this Banner Ad

First impressions: Waverley is cold.

small groups out on the field, not doing anything too exciting early on. Half the squad remained upstairs. The guys out on the park were in two groups, one group in front of the stands and the other on the far side. As a result I watched the group closest to Kanga a lot more.

A few handball/clearance drills. Some contested ball to a clearance down the line drills. These would only run for a few minutes then change into another set up.

Players out there that I took special interest in were Phillips, DGB, Brockman, T.Mitchell(doing his own program away from others), Lewis, Finn, Worps and Jars(who always says g’day).
Finn and Lewis both looking in very good nick.
DGB blew up a bit after running laps with Cegs later in the day, but he was still all smiles at the end of the session.
Lewis playing deep forward in drills that called for it, with Brockman at his feet.

There were some spread drills and some clearance drills on the flanks that aimed get quick forward entries.
In the spread drills the directive was to get to space and turn quickly and directly towards the goals.

wasn’t a great deal to be taken from many of the drills with such small groups, and eldo and I had a good yak, but if anyone has any questions I might be able to answer.
Any clue what the blow up was about?

small groups out on the field, not doing anything too exciting early on. Half the squad remained upstairs. The guys out on the park were in two groups, one group in front of the stands and the other on the far side. As a result I watched the group closest to Kanga a lot more.

A few handball/clearance drills. Some contested ball to a clearance down the line drills. These would only run for a few minutes then change into another set up.

Players out there that I took special interest in were Phillips, DGB, Brockman, T.Mitchell(doing his own program away from others), Lewis, Finn, Worps and Jars(who always says g’day).
DGB blew up a bit after running laps with Cegs later in the day, but he was still all smiles at the end of the session.
Lewis playing deep forward in drills that called for it, with Brockman at his feet.

There were some spread drills and some clearance drills on the flanks that aimed get quick forward entries.
In the spread drills the directive was to get to space and turn quickly and directly towards the goals.

wasn’t a great deal to be taken from many of the drills with such small groups, and eldo and I had a good yak, but if anyone has any questions I might be able to answer.
Did Ceglar do the drills or just run? Did Breust train?

How did Brockman look at his feet is he more Poppy or more Cyril in the way he plays. Do you feel we have something special with what you saw.

Also how did Jeka go I’m hoping Patton can’t get a game because of him. We need to have the twin towers of Lewis and Jeka play together as much as possible this years as it’s our future if they think Jeka can make it.

Last edited:
How did Brockman look at his feet is he more Poppy or more Cyril in the way he plays. Do you feel we have something special with what you saw.

Also how did Jeka go I’m hoping Patton can’t get a game because of him. We need to have the twin towers of Lewis and Jeka play together as much as possible this years as it’s our future if they think Jeka can make it.
I don’t want to pump up the Brockman tyres too much, but he does have a smoothness with the way he moves and let’s the ball come into his hands. He has class.

Jeka was in the upstairs group.

I don’t want to pump up the Brockman tyres too much, but he’s does have a smoothness with the way he moves and let’s the ball come into his hands.

I dared Strapping Young Lad to come online and name the player that came to mind watching Brockman move and gather the ball. He flat out refused.

I'm not so gutless...Brockman looks just like...

Nope, I'm equally gutless.

Definitely a sharp mover with good hands, though...

I dared Strapping Young Lad to come online and name the player that came to mind watching Brockman move and gather the ball. He flat out refused.

Justin Madden ..............

Just trying to temper expectations:$

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I might have to come down to a training session soon and see for myself hahaha >.<

I don’t want to pump up the Brockman tyres too much, but he’s does have a smoothness with the way he moves and let’s the ball come into his hands.

Did brockman talk at all ? If so did he mention when he wants to be traded back to Perth? . Im in the same boat as you ,there is something about him, he's a shy kid but if he can gain that confidence on and off field he has all the tools to be a serious player.

This is what prick-teasing was all about... before the advent of mobile phones....

Good overhead, smooth mover, sharp around goal. I'm personally hoping that he is similar to the player Brocky says he looks up to which is Charlie Cameron.

Look training is just that training. Its especially hard to gauge anything now with them training in small groups. I hope we can get back to full training and full ground training. Positives are that there are not many injuries touch wood and we would like to get as many through pre season training as it prepares them and familiarise them with their team mates. It sets them up to play at their best

Strapping Young Lad did Breust eventually get on the park to train? The main reason I ask is due to the talk of Mitchell and himself reportedly being injured / dead just before Christmas.
No idea. Only half the squad trained on the ground this morning.

Group 1
Lewis, Brockman, Jars, Worps, Hartley, Bigboy, Moore, Howe, Pepper, Phillips

Group 2
Chad, Pup, Finn, Cegs, Timmy O, Ronald Hitler-Barassi, Dimma, Greva, Ollie.

T.Mitchell trained away from both groups.

Remove this Banner Ad

Training 2021 Pre Season training watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back