Training 2021 Pre Season training watch

Remove this Banner Ad

As I can't instigate mob justice, I'll settle for this comment which I also shared with a moderator.

I dearly hope negativity and pessimism from the MINORITY doesn't discourage contributors. As someone interstate, each post from training watchers is like a gift from above, and I don't care if it's rose-tinted... because I'm a functioning adult, and can moderate my expectations or reconcile disappointment if it eventuates - in the meantime I get to enjoy a bit of excitement, why would someone want to dash that? what do they gain?

And a gutless MINORITY at that. Drive by comment at 8:14am.. not enough conviction to back it up.

Per other's sentiment.. as someone who can't get to training (interstate supporter), SYL/Axeman etc's comments are invaluable. Fortunately I'm adult enough to recognise that they're one persons observational opinions and I can temper my own expectations based on them.

Even though Greaves isn’t quick, he has elite endurance. He played 83.5% time on ground last year which was in the top 10 among the Hawthorn players. With Sicily out injured and Day moving onto the wing, this is a great opportunity for Greaves to stake his claim in the best 22. I look forward to seeing Scrimshaw and Greaves playing off half back.

Remember this time last year when Harry Jones was going to be the explosive mid we were crying out for and Matt Walker was our small forward of the next 10 years? Neither are on an AFL list now.

People like SYL do us no favours by hyping up young players like Brockman who’ve trained 3 times and never played a game in Hawthorn colours.

How about we wait for them to play a game or two before we start making comparisons to former greats.
You have been responded to by far more learned gent than I .......with well thought out and beautifully executed posts ....
But I still feel compelled to respond

How about you just lurk, read and move on ......you know , **** off

then you get something out of it and we all do to .

Posters are NOT deliberately pumping up players tyres to make them seem better than they are , they're just allocating their time to write up what they observe at training which is something they don't have to do. I've also read here about players either miss training , start late to pre season or struggling with certain drills like ball handling etc..
Nobody's saying this player or that player is going to take the competition by storm or win the Brownlow, it's just an honest observation about certain ' younger ' players and how they're performing pre season.
I for one thank these posters as I'm overseas and don't have much or any handle on all things HAWTHORN and it's much appreciated.

You have been responded to by far more learned gent than I .......with well thought out and beautifully executed posts ....
But I still feel compelled to respond

How about you just lurk, read and move on ......you know , fu** off

then you get something out of it and we all do to .
How about you read my posts mate before you slag me off based on one post. And the same for the others in this echo chamber.

I have no problem with Axe, Four Pillars, houdinihuddo, who provide a generally balanced view of our squad.

My problem is with people like SYL, who insinuate that a player that has never set foot on an AFL field reminds them of a club great (he will deny but we can all read between the lines - if he’s not mentioning the player then he clearly means someone special).

He is then the first to wonder why this place implodes when we lose a game -every player is so overhyped that there are those that think we should never lose a game.

I don’t expect negativity here (check my post history) but I think the overhyping of our young players serves our supporters (and players that DO read this site) a disservice.

How about you read my posts mate before you slag me off based on one post. And the same for the others in this echo chamber.

I have no problem with Axe, Four Pillars, houdinihuddo, who provide a generally balanced view of our squad.

My problem is with people like SYL, who insinuate that a player that has never set foot on an AFL field reminds them of a club great (he will deny but we can all read between the lines - if he’s not mentioning the player then he clearly means someone special).

He is then the first to wonder why this place implodes when we lose a game -every player is so overhyped that there are those that think we should never lose a game.

I don’t expect negativity here (check my post history) but I think the overhyping of our young players serves our supporters (and players that DO read this site) a disservice.
I don’t mind a bit of Mayo on people’s expectations of a player. It certainly gives a quick on-site on a player and their potential.
I agree that Matt walker and Harry Jones were the second coming last season; they were definitely over cooked.
Being compared to a great... Rioli is quite high praise in any supporters language. I definitely will be watching with a keen eye every time he gets a look in.
Praise is great. Overcooking does lead to being let down.
I like the reports from all and take what I want out of them.
I also like people being called out for a hype train.... I’ve been pumping Almost O’Brien for years and loved when tige19 went to town on him as a Sicily lover.
It’s all fun and games.
Appreciate all that pops up I say good or bad

I don’t mind a bit of Mayo on people’s expectations of a player. It certainly gives a quick on-site on a player and their potential.
I agree that Matt walker and Harry Jones were the second coming last season; they were definitely over cooked.
Being compared to a great... Rioli is quite high praise in any supporters language. I definitely will be watching with a keen eye every time he gets a look in.
Praise is great. Overcooking does lead to being let down.
I like the reports from all and take what I want out of them.
I also like people being called out for a hype train.... I’ve been pumping Almost O’Brien for years and loved when tige19 went to town on him as a Sicily lover.
It’s all fun and games.
Appreciate all that pops up I say good or bad

People just need to chill the F out.

Take what you read on BigFooty with a grain of salt, but allow yourself to enjoy the insights, also.

As I can't instigate mob justice, I'll settle for this comment which I also shared with a moderator.

I dearly hope negativity and pessimism from the MINORITY doesn't discourage contributors. As someone interstate, each post from training watchers is like a gift from above, and I don't care if it's rose-tinted... because I'm a functioning adult, and can moderate my expectations or reconcile disappointment if it eventuates - in the meantime I get to enjoy a bit of excitement, why would someone want to dash that? what do they gain?
Mate its an anonymous forum. If SYL chooses too sook over the post and never post again about a training session because of a random post he is soft. Its a lone post in the wllderness of crap that abounds in cyberspace today. Lighten up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

More concocted bullshit.

This never happened.

Seriously.. getting exited about Hawthorn listed players on a forum.. this is why we’re supporters FFS. I remember Mitch Thorp being compared to Dermott, beau Muston as the next big thing and this was from the media. If people buy too much into the excitement that’s there own fault. Long live the exitement of fresh young potential.

A big "Thank You" to all of you who post training reports in this forum. I love reading them and, at this time of the year especially, I look forward to each and every training report in anticipation.

As someone who has never lived in or near Melbourne I have never attended a HFC training session, so any snippets of information provided are much appreciated. Keep them coming please!

A big "Thank You" to all of you who post training reports in this forum. I love reading them and, at this time of the year especially, I look forward to each and every training report in anticipation.

As someone who has never lived in or near Melbourne I have never attended a HFC training session, so any snippets of information provided are much appreciated. Keep them coming please!
Agreed. I really appreciate the reports and read with interest. Happy to read any level of hype posters feel like giving.

Seriously.. getting exited about Hawthorn listed players on a forum.. this is why we’re supporters FFS. I remember Mitch Thorp being compared to Dermott, beau Muston as the next big thing and this was from the media. If people buy too much into the excitement that’s there own fault. Long live the exitement of fresh young potential.
I don’t even try to keep the lid on anymore 😂

but people got to big big enough to take responsibility for their own excitement levels. If someone can’t handle the fallout of an exciting prospect failing to make it at AFL level then just don’t let yourself get excited. If you can’t control your excitement levels then just steer clear of this place during the off-season because what the **** else is there to talk about? 😂

Muston was compared to Judd. Lol.

I think you would be best served to go back and read SYL’s post that you responded to. He clearly mentions that he didn’t want to name who Brockman reminds him of because he didn’t want to and I quote ‘pump up his tyres’. As others have already mentioned if you don’t agree with what other posters say then just ignore it or block them.

So Tom Mitchell played all of last season with a cooked shoulder and a still recovering leg injury and still played every game at a good level... Tommy remains to be extremely underrated outside of this club.

Last edited:
So Tom Mitchell played all of last season with a cooked shoulder and a still recovering leg injury and was still played every game at a good level... Tommy remains to be extremely underrated outside of this club.
Wouldn't mind him sitting out the first few games if it means he doesn't overcook himself coming back in to the side say... round three and stays in without the shoulder/leg niggles. Would be great to see how someone like Finn would deal with the pressure of being in the side the first couple weeks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Training 2021 Pre Season training watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back