Teams 2021 Rate My Pre-Season Team

Who are you selecting in your starting Team - Vote Yes to Multiple Players, Votes can be changed

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
The POD was exactly what I was looking for, just so sick of seeing teams that are 90% alike. Since posting I have made a few tweaks..

Mainly
- Changed Daicos for Bailey Smith.. Both i think will be very good players, but Smith likely to be more consistent
- Freeing up cash from bench players, has allowed me to upgrade Hately to Tim Kelly
- Changed Moore & Weitering for Zac Williams and Jordan Clark

I agree am light on in the forwards, but I am bullish about Toby Greene turning into a premium 100+ player and hopefully now he is a leader at the Giants he wont miss the games through stupid suspensions. DeGoey should play through the midfield which should boost him to be a 90pt avg, Stephenson should avg 80+, Daniher 70-80 and then i just need the other players to play and increase in value.

I am not sold on Tom Green, reports suggest he is due a breakout year but still needs to get midfield minutes in front of Conigs, Kelly, Hopper, Ward, Tarranto, De Boer so looking for an option to replace him..

View attachment 1077589
Still shocking mate. Good luck

I'm a huge fan of Clark, but I'm very sceptical of his job security also. I'd love to see him play every game this year, but with this backline - and quality competition for a spot on the wing - I'm concerned he'll still be rotated out of the side. Is 240k worth that risk?

FB: O'Connor, Blicavs, Kolodjashnij
HB: Stewart, Henderson, Henry
Wings: Smith, Menegola
IC: Bews (FWD?), Tuohy (FWD?)

He will be a better player than Henry and Smith won’t be around forever so they’re gonna want to tune him up to become that permanent wingman IMO.

Round 1 draft picks that have shown signs get a decent go. Unless pre season has been a fluke and he’s a complete ******* round 1 then I’m pretty confident you’ll see him in their best 22 for most of, if not the whole year.

I'm a huge fan of Clark, but I'm very sceptical of his job security also. I'd love to see him play every game this year, but with this backline - and quality competition for a spot on the wing - I'm concerned he'll still be rotated out of the side. Is 240k worth that risk?

Can 40% of SC owners be wrong .....the popular vote is he's safe

The above views, are not neccessarily those of the Geelong Football Club

Reading the Geelong boards Rd1 preview thread you get the impression that J Clark is no better than a 50/50 chance to play Rd1 or hold his spot. :huh:

Can't wait for the melts on here if he doesn't get selected!

He will be a better player than Henry and Smith won’t be around forever so they’re gonna want to tune him up to become that permanent wingman IMO.

Round 1 draft picks that have shown signs get a decent go. Unless pre season has been a fluke and he’s a complete ******* round 1 then I’m pretty confident you’ll see him in their best 22 for most of, if not the whole year.

They showed so much confidence in their first round draft pick's development that they bought in a 32 year old to play his role.

I think I'm finally done. The only thing I'm not sure is whether I stick with Lloyd & Duggan or I have just enough to swap them for Laird & Daniel.
What do you fellas think I should do. I'm pretty happy with the structure of the rest of the team.

March15A.JPG
March15B.JPG

The % own function just allows sheep who want to follow the masses, none of them would have formed their own position.
But that's what we do here :p

Suggest you checkout some of our posters in Div 1 and Div 2 .....no sheep amongst those players

Last edited:
I'm keeping enough money in the bank so that I can upgrade him to Young if he doesn't get selected for R1.
Yes if he isn't named then Jack Buckley is my backup plan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tucker out. Valente had been coming from a fair way back in the pecking order after a couple of niggles, he any sort of chance to get a run or would blokes like Blakely be in the box seat?

Tucker out. Valente had been coming from a fair way back in the pecking order after a couple of niggles, he any sort of chance to get a run or would blokes like Blakely be in the box seat?
Freo be struggling if they have to put Blakley on the park. He’s just a ghost of a player.

The popular vote is the 60% who don't have him ;)
Maths was always my strong point ......it's a slippery slope I'm on, I tell Ya

Impossible to say.

Blakely has really stagnated since his 2nd/3rd year but seems to be a touch ahead based on the pre-season matches. Every Freo fan probably hoping for Valente but who knows.

That's the tallest backine ever, no way they run with that.

They nearly always play that tall down back.

That's why they won't win a flag unless they change something. Forget about supercoach scoring their defence has been the biggest issue come finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back