List Mgmt. 2021 Trade & List Management Thread I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Josh Walker definitely deserved an extension on the back of a solid season. But he was so terrible yesterday I wonder if he was told (or thought) he was playing for his career and consequently buckled under the pressure.

Bonnar has had continuity only once in his career and that was at the start of this season. Leading into the pies game I thought he’d been sensational. He got pantsed that game and it’s shame he was also injurred because that’s been the last memory people have of him.

he returned for a couple of games post injury but never really got going.

He’s strong and covers ground really well. I like him. Just needs to stay off the injury list.
I can't imagine a scenario where we let Josh Walker go this off season. He's never going to take us to the next level, but we are incredibly lacking for KPP depth and he has been solid/good all season (barring yesterday).

In a perfect world he lines up at CHF/CHB all of 2022 in the VFL, while we roll with McKay/Tarrant/Corr in the back and Larkey/Comben up forward. But having a reliable backup who can slot in for us is super valuable.

I can't imagine a scenario where we let Josh Walker go this off season. He's never going to take us to the next level, but we are incredibly lacking for KPP depth and he has been solid/good all season (barring yesterday).

In a perfect world he lines up at CHF/CHB all of 2022 in the VFL, while we roll with McKay/Tarrant/Corr in the back and Larkey/Comben up forward. But having a reliable backup who can slot in for us is super valuable.

I am bored with no footy so I thought I would put down a few thoughts on each player on our list in jumper number order. In doing so I will look at how they might be impacted by the new “speed, run & versatility “ mantra we are now going with.

1. Jack Mahony

Got some games into him this year. Showed he has a good footy IQ, works hard but lacks a yard. Will be interesting where he is played. We have recruited a few small forwards & mids so where will we use him. Can’t see him as starting in the 22 but given we have just resigned him will be given plenty of opportunities. I think he’ll play as a mid in the VFL but more likely as a forward/mid in the 1s. Did everything we could have expected this year.

2. Jaidyn Stephenson.

We paid bugger all for him so its all a bonus. Nobes’ comments seem to indicate he may play him not just as a deep forward. Has the speed to go with the new mantra. No preseason last year due to glandular fever & played without confidence. Can see him playing minutes on the wing but mainly as as forward. Best 22 & could be a real bargain & add some much needed flair.
Now the season is over I thought I would review each player taking into account what I saI’d about them pre-season.

1. Jack Mahony 19 games, 7 goals.

Replaced Sugar in the small, pressure forward role. Only missed games through injury. Got a lot of praise from Nobes. Does the small, pressure things the average mug punter like me doesn’t notice. Still lacks a yard but grabbed his opportunity and made the role his own. For a 19 year old pick 34 in the draft in his second year you can’t ask for much more.

2. Jaidyn Stephenson 19 games, 17 goals.

Still needs to work on his hardness at the contest but brought flair and creativity. Played more up the ground as forecast and had some big numbers in some games. Still only 22 and as our ball movement improves he will get more chances to create. Kicked 17.19 so goal kicking needs some work. Should be a 10 year player for us.

His forward blunder is what is giving him so much criticism. In saying that. Noble shouldn't have married that move, it wasn't fair. sh*t. Even send tarrant down there instead
I like everyone else was frustrated with his blunder but at the end of the day the game was already over by that point so no point getting hung up over it, and i'm sure Nobes was too, but i don't think he'll hang him out to dry over it, and I'd hope the supporter base don't either.

He's a good swingman and can be counted on to do a job whenever asked. He's dependable which is what you need in a depth player. I think he's a better defender though. Ideally we keep him around as pure depth.

As he should. As he poured his heart and soul into that club.

lol because my dad is a massive collingwood nuffie he took me and my brother to the parades after the 2010 gf and I was like 7 and he high five’ed me and I said “I’m never washing my hand”

edit: PENDLES TOUCHED MY HAND FOR THOSE COMPLAINING “tHaTs hOw I rEAd iT”

Last edited:
Does anyone have a view on the potential for us to take Jake Riccardi. And is he out of contract?
195 centimetres and can play forward. Only played 14 games in a side that is not easy to break into. All of his key match stats are poor, but is that due to infrequent games.
GWS has two first round picks, so there are other talls in this draft that could fill Riccardi's place at GWS.

my dad is a massive collingwood nuffie he took me and my brother to the parades after the 2010 gf and I was like 7 and he high five’ed me and I said “I’m never washing my hand”

Your dad must really ration out the high 5s for you to value one like that.

Does anyone have a view on the potential for us to take Jake Riccardi. And is he out of contract?
195 centimetres and can play forward. Only played 14 games in a side that is not easy to break into. All of his key match stats are poor, but is that due to infrequent games.
GWS has two first round picks, so there are other talls in this draft that could fill Riccardi's place at GWS.
Are the stats poor because infrequent games or are the games infrequent because the stats are poor

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Two names were written on a piece of paper when it came for our pick in the 2019 mid-season draft.

Riccardi was one of them. We didn't read his name out.

I doubt he would want to come to North after who we overlooked him for.

No, I was specifically replying to HIM. It’s okay now you have my attention, pat pat.

🥺

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back