If you were list manager…

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep so one of those Mahony/Perez picks

Point being we shouldn’t have traded that pick 8 (serong/Flanders) for the future first (pick 11) and the above

Was annoyed at the time about it
Yes it was ****ed at the time and is now more ****ed now .

Powell I hope I’m wrong but yeah four years and he’s hit his ceiling

Never like trading out of a draft and the only time we should have done that was the 2018 year but instead wasted it on polec and Pittard who I was also both very against and very vocal throughout

It’s insane how many mistakes we’ve made that I would not have even gotten close to making

Never like trading out of a draft and the only time we should have done that was the 2018 year but instead wasted it on polec and Pittard who I was also both very against and very vocal throughout

It’s insane how many mistakes we’ve made that I would not have even gotten close to making
I think we’ve got more right from the 2021 draft onwards than we have gotten wrong. If that provides any comfort

I think we’ve got more right from the 2021 draft onwards than we have gotten wrong. If that provides any comfort
I didn’t like our 3 late first round picks last year but will give them time to prove me wrong over the alternatives

Also Brayden George whilst he had upside I wanted Lachie Cowan at the time. Jury still out but Cowan looks decent at hbf

I reckon we would’ve been able to get comben with our original second round pick

And from memory it was actually the Mahony or Perez pick we got
We had two picks in a row and traded the first one to * for the Mahony or Perez pick and a 2020 second rounder.

I dunno which one was which to be honest. If you can bothered trawling thru the wiki page on that draft it will be in there.

Honestly tho the player I wanted from that draft was Kossie. There was a point he was ranked from 20-30 and I couldn't believe it.

I didn’t like our 3 late first round picks last year but will give them time to prove me wrong over the alternatives

Also Brayden George whilst he had upside I wanted Lachie Cowan at the time. Jury still out but Cowan looks decent at hbf
Wil Dawson looks the goods.

Goad is nothing like Edwards. Gets involved, uses the ball well and stuff, just doesn't get it enough yet. Early in the year hardeman looked good too but not so much later in the year. Has a great boot and some speed tho.

Further looking at last years draft at the goad, Dawson, Hardeman picks I wasn’t too happy with at the time

Wanted Logan Morris, Archie Roberts and Schoenmaker (despite his character knock)
Wasn’t opposed to Mitch Edwards

Still too early to tell but early days I’d rather my picks
Sure but you would've also taken Shoenmaker (pick 62) or Philactides (not even in the AFL system I believe) in the 1st round like you wanted to when they could've been picked up later in the draft, so you are sometimes wrong as well.
Spending 3rd or 4th round picks on Roberts (pick 54) or Shoenmaker, no issue, but not 1st round selections.
Logan Morris would've been the one to take over Goad but he was only 191cm and he's playing in an experienced forward group so I think he would have struggled early with us but he looks impressive so far.
Freijah late would've been a good pickup but we couldn't trade in unfortunately.

Further looking at last years draft at the goad, Dawson, Hardeman picks I wasn’t too happy with at the time

Wanted Logan Morris, Archie Roberts and Schoenmaker (despite his character knock)
Wasn’t opposed to Mitch Edwards

Still too early to tell but early days I’d rather my picks
Morris was the play

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We had two picks in a row and traded the first one to * for the Mahony or Perez pick and a 2020 second rounder.

I dunno which one was which to be honest. If you can bothered trawling thru the wiki page on that draft it will be in there.

Honestly tho the player I wanted from that draft was Kossie. There was a point he was ranked from 20-30 and I couldn't believe it.
I liked Pickett but didn’t include him as I would not have taken him with pick 8 at the time

Had serong and Flanders ahead

In hindsight he is worth going early

Yes it was ****ed at the time and is now more ****ed now .

Powell I hope I’m wrong but yeah four years and he’s hit his ceiling
you are one of my favourite posters on here. I know you are gonna give me an honest answer too.

North finished 17th. So pick 2.

Given the choice of getting a gun kid. What type of player would North should get?

• a talented tall forward
  • a talented tall defender
  • an inside mid
  • an outside mid
  • a quick and talented small forward

which one would North Melbourne need right now with pick 2?

you are one of my favourite posters on here. I know you are gonna give me an honest answer too.

Given the choice of getting a gun kid. What type of player would North should get?

• an inside mid
  • an outside mid

All of the above. Our list is farked.

• an inside mid
  • an outside mid

Difficult one. All of the above. Some think our midfield is fine but just young and needs more time.
Some think it lacks a bit of class given TT will be out the door. I'm more of that view of one more speed and class mid.
Key forward and small forward are the most urgent needs but not sure picking for need is the best way to go about it.

• an inside mid
  • an outside mid

Hi Freomaniac, I'm one of my favorite posters too!
I'm a big believer with such an early pick you take 'best available'. But to answer question, lets dive a little deeper. I'm on record as stating the Hawks could have broken the league highest score. It rained luckily, my reasoning was that side we put on the park was the worst side I'd seen in a very long time.

• a talented tall forward - I see that as Charlie Comben, who missed the last round
  • a talented tall defender - Logue and W Dawson should have that covered. Both didn't play that last round.
  • an inside mid - Probably with Simpkin, LDU, Wardlaw, no.
  • an outside mid - McKercher Sheezel ( who can play any role) no
  • a quick and talented small forward - yes, but I'd hope we can steal one from elsewhere.

Below is the side I hope to see plenty of in 2025. The highlighted didn't play in the 20 goal flogging and Arch last five minutes. So just the ten changes as I see it.

No place for McDonald, Phillips, Powell, Pink, Teakle, K Dawson, Drury, Hansen Jnr ( not writing him off)
I know it looks bad, but it isn't as bad as some think :) Although the HB line I want is very inexperienced, will require Logue to remain on the park to marshal the troops.

B: Archer Logue Bergman
HB: Goater W Dawson Hardeman
C: Tucker LDU McKercher
HF: Duursma Larkey Zurhaar
F: Curtis Comben Fisher
R: Xerri, Wardlaw Sheezel
INT: Pick 2, Corr, Scott, Payne
SUB: Stephens

If I were list manager I would just do what a bunch of weird socially isolated losers on BigFooty advise me to do and the club would inevitably win every premiership from here to eternity.

Remove this Banner Ad

If you were list manager…

Remove this Banner Ad

Back