List Mgmt. 2021 Trade Targets

Remove this Banner Ad

Anybody else sick to death of Jonas? Too slow for smalls and too small for talls. An actual big body defender would be nice and make McKenzie the 2/3rd tall. Sam Day and Daniel Talia are free. Sure they’re not elite but at least they’ll bring something.

Anybody else sick to death of Jonas? Too slow for smalls and too small for talls. An actual big body defender would be nice and make McKenzie the 2/3rd tall. Sam Day and Daniel Talia are free. Sure they’re not elite but at least they’ll bring something.

For all the shit Jonas has been getting, Day is not fit to tie Jonas’ laces.

A Talia type is something we have been missing for years although I don’t see us trading anyone in like that.

We’ll end up getting some midfield depth like Hewett or Dumont and have to hope they come on and into the 22

why swap a slow end of career player for another slow end of career player who hasn’t played football in 2 years?

why swap a slow end of career player for another slow end of career player who hasn’t played football in 2 years?
Maybe Day wasn’t the best suggestion.
For all the sh*t Jonas has been getting, Day is not fit to tie Jonas’ laces.

A Talia type is something we have been missing for years although I don’t see us trading anyone in like that.

We’ll end up getting some midfield depth like Hewett or Dumont and have to hope they come on and into the 22
Agreed. Mentioned Day mainly because he’s free and we don’t have much currency.

There’s talent to be found in the draft if we give Parker a chance. There will be mids available at our pick. Whether we nail the pick or not is always a risk, as all clubs face, but sooner or later you need to back your drafting in.

Guthrie as a just signed a long contract ball accumulator who doesn’t hurt teams was a bad example tho. But moving on, yes the decline and loss of boak gray and Rocky will hurt us. I’ve pointed out for months that boak and gray are responsible for over 9 clearances a game.

I’ve also pointed out that while boak still can get the ball he’s less damaging now as he seems to have less time.

I’m not suggesting they pinch hit. I’m saying we need to develop at least one of them as a full time mid.

Both have been mids before we drafted them, and we need difference makers in the midfield cause we’ve basically got a lot of guys in there who can’t extract the ball cleanly.

We watch our mids handball the ball multiple times to try to get it out of stoppages (often inviting more pressure until a turnover) while when our opponent gets their hands on it they seem to easily run the ball out.

Part of that is set ups, and a big part is player types. Dogs have bont macrae and smith who can all take the ball out of a stoppage themselves while we need to shovel it around to find someone eventually in space.
getting someone alongside wines for the sake of trying to compete now is where the danger is.

Yes and no.

Rozee was a mid as a junior (though played his final draft year as a flanker / forward pocket / utility) Butters was a mid.

We’ve just played them as forward flankers since they arrived here.

Bergman played as a forward flanker in his final year but ive heard he played as a mid before that. I’ve seen enough to suggest he is definitely a wingman but also has some exciting on-baller traits that offer exactly what we need in there. A point of difference that we need.

I do agree we need to focus on drafting some more centre square mids in the next couple of years. My worry is that behind those guys we don’t have any. Schofield and mead are very questionable right now. Woodcock isn’t a centre mid at afl level. Jase burger isn’t the answer.

Agree re Bergman. One of those players who keeps his feet and can navigate through congestion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wingard? Polec? Dougal?

Can be ruthless with players but not the coach for… reasons.
But none of those players got us picks high enough to get any of the players you mentioned. Petracca was 2. Oliver and bont 4. McRae and viney were the picks before wines. The only other pick we had in the last 8 years even close to that high was rozee, and we traded a lot for it.

But none of those players got us picks high enough to get any of the players you mentioned. Petracca was 2. Oliver and bont 4. McRae and viney were the picks before wines. The only other pick we had in the last 8 years even close to that high was rozee, and we traded a lot for it.

yeah but we’ve only been real shit for one era and got Wines and Hartlett. Not sure what else we can do bouncing between 3rd and 10th all the time.

yeah but we’ve only been real sh*t for one era and got Wines and Hartlett. Not sure what else we can do bouncing between 3rd and 10th all the time.
That’s the problem. We weren’t shit enough for long enough to build the makings of a great team. The bounce when Ken arrived was a year or two too early. And we have been playing catch up by trading guys in since.

Billings might be a good fit for us… not sure
I’d be going for very hard at Jack lukosius, not that I think we would be a change of getting him.

Billings might be a good fit for us… not sure
I’d be going for very hard at Jack lukosius, not that I think we would be a change of getting him.
Pass on Lukosious, we don't need a 195cm flanker who isn't strong enough to play KPD.
If he was 10kg heavier, then maybe id be interested.

Talia is completely cooked and Day is a spud.
If you can find a way to bring in some like a Harrison Petty or Sam Taylor, then we are talking.

To me pick 16 and Hayes for Dawson seems fair, but that is just my opinion.

its not about fair,

it’s about how trading out a young ruck that’s showing a bit when our main ruck is a 29yr old who regularly breaks even with spuds leaves our list with more problems than it solves.

We know how much trouble swans have had finding a ruck, why would we put ourselves in the same situation when hayes is contracted?

hayes should be off the table for the exact reason you want him, rucks are hard to find.

In the big games our midfield is continually spanked in the 1st qtr.
We need speed & skill in our midfield - are Rozee & Butters near ready? I'd make a play for Shiel as he seems gettable. Yes he has poor disposal, but so does Boak. But Shiel is a strong inside mid with speed; get him to tidy up his disposal - short & to one of our outside runners (I'd put SPP in there as well. At least he'd hit bodies hard).
Lycett is a trier, but B grade. Trade him and give Hayes a shot, may or may not work out.
Need a genuine KPD - Jack Payne from Lions is worth a shot, and obviouslt Petty. Hell, I'd give Dixon a go in defence as he's got no idea how to play as a forward. Someone mentioned Talia, if fit he'd be better than Jonas & McKenzie.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2021 Trade Targets

Remove this Banner Ad

Back