25. Dean Kent - Link
39. Darragh Joyce - Link
41. Paul Hunter - Link

To see the full list (it gets updated regularly) visit this thread;

Restricted and Unrestricted Free Agency Window
Friday October 1 – Friday October 8

Trade Period
Players: Monday October 4 – Wednesday October 13
Picks: Monday October 4 – tbc (approx. Friday November 19)

List Lodgement 1
tbc (approx. Thursday October 28)

Delisted Free Agency Window 1
tbc (approx. Friday October 29 - Monday November 8)

List Lodgement 2 (Final date for primary list delistings)
tbc (approx. Tuesday November 9)

Delisted Free Agency Window 2
tbc (approx. Wednesday November 10 - Friday November 19)

Last edited by a moderator:
Daniher was the hyped prototype athletic 2 meters tall forward that was going to be a star. Max looks like he should be everything we've ever dreamed of but so did Joe for the Bombers. So did Jesse Hogan for Melbourne too at one point. I think we need some top end talent and some more around the ball would definitely help. If you get your best players in the first round that's a big risk to step out of 2 drafts for him. It might work out perfectly but to me we look a long way off Brisbane, Melbourne and the Dogs in the mids. If we get all our mids fire we compete. but need all of them going at 100% to beat the best.

We need all our mids going at 100% just to be even imo.

Compare our midfield to cats, Melb, port and dogs... It sucks and will be exposed if we make finals next year and don't add to our midfield in this year's trade and draft.

On DUB-LX2 using BigFooty.com mobile app

You’re ignoring two vital things;

The influence on drafts that both franchises have had on drafts since 2013 thanks to the mass of players they have traded out every year for more picks.

And the 2010-2012 drafts where their preselections stripped talent from the draft pool beforehand. We made trading & drafting decisions based on a what was available after the talent had been pilfered.

We may have missed with a few of our picks but to say our rebuild wasn’t heavily effected by Vlad’s executive bonus scheme is incorrect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At the end of the day it was self inflicted even though there are some excuses. The Dogs were playing against us in prelims in the time we were up. They rebuilt, won a premiership, rebuilt again and are in a prelim again and a decent chance to play or win another grand final. They didn't make many mistakes in drafting.

Melbourne stuffed up a lot of drafts for a lot of years but at some point their drafting went from awful to incredible. We haven't really bothered with the draft and are trying to do it with a bulk of our players imported and a spread of good talent rather than a handful of brilliant talent.

Good drafting makes good coaches and good sides. Keeping Trout despite his obvious lack of performance has to be one of the worst decisions in our history and some of that has to fall on Finnis, someone should have been watching what was happening.

We need all our mids going at 100% just to be even imo.

Compare our midfield to cats, Melb, port and dogs... It sucks and will be exposed if we make finals next year and don't add to our midfield in this year's trade and draft.

On DUB-LX2 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Port show you don't need a deep midfield to be a top team.

Port show you don't need a deep midfield to be a top team.

Boak and Wines are elite though. It would be like having 2 Steeles. Amon plays more wing outside mid but is also close to elite so while the depth of true mids is light on they have a lot of talent on ball. Plenty of guys that get a run through the mids too, they love those dual position mids like Duursma, Butters etc. Willem Drew is looking pretty good too.

It could be said that it's what holds them back too, they haven't won anything yet. Chuck another really good midfielder in and they'd be a pretty scary side. Boak is the worry for them though, he must be in his last couple of years and irreplaceable.

Boak and Wines are elite though. It would be like having 2 Steeles. Amon plays more wing outside mid but is also close to elite so while the depth of true mids is light on they have a lot of talent on ball. Plenty of guys that get a run through the mids too, they love those dual position mids like Duursma, Butters etc. Willem Drew is looking pretty good too.

It could be said that it's what holds them back too, they haven't won anything yet. Chuck another really good midfielder in and they'd be a pretty scary side. Boak is the worry for them though, he must be in his last couple of years and irreplaceable.
Wines is elite like Steele. Boak best is elite but despite the outrage after him not making the AA squad after his great rd23, his second half this year was a step down from that great level - equivalent to a Crouch level. Williams Drew is good - hardly elite or any better than what we have rolling around in an equivalent spot. They get a lot of teams by rotating a lot of talent through their forward line rather than through the midfield like the Dogs or Melbourne, and play with 3 talls.

They are hosting a prelim without having a deep, elite midfield. Great example that there is more than 1 way to build a great team and that us not having the deepest midfield won't disqualify us from being able to climb back up the ladder.

At the end of the day it was self inflicted even though there are some excuses. The Dogs were playing against us in prelims in the time we were up. They rebuilt, won a premiership, rebuilt again and are in a prelim again and a decent chance to play or win another grand final. They didn't make many mistakes in drafting.

Melbourne stuffed up a lot of drafts for a lot of years but at some point their drafting went from awful to incredible. We haven't really bothered with the draft and are trying to do it with a bulk of our players imported and a spread of good talent rather than a handful of brilliant talent.

Good drafting makes good coaches and good sides. Keeping Trout despite his obvious lack of performance has to be one of the worst decisions in our history and some of that has to fall on Finnis, someone should have been watching what was happening.

Not disputing that.

Dogs & Melbourne have showed that if you can get it right it can turn very quickly.

We’re on the right track & have a lot of critical pieces in place. Zero reason why we can’t be right up to our eyeballs in it at this time next year.

Need the sort of luck that Melbourne have had with a fit list & the sort of luck that the Dogs get with umpires week in week out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wines is elite like Steele. Boak best is elite but despite the outrage after him not making the AA squad after his great rd23, his second half this year was a step down from that great level - equivalent to a Crouch level. Williams Drew is good - hardly elite or any better than what we have rolling around in an equivalent spot. They get a lot of teams by rotating a lot of talent through their forward line rather than through the midfield like the Dogs or Melbourne, and play with 3 talls.

They are hosting a prelim without having a deep, elite midfield. Great example that there is more than 1 way to build a great team and that us not having the deepest midfield won't disqualify us from being able to climb back up the ladder.

Boak is a better player than Wines IMO. drew is a developing mid so definitely not a gun. Amon, Wines and Boak are three players who are close enough to elite all around the ball. I think they have a very light on on ball division though and are very exposed to injury. Crouch is a good ordinary player IMO, he's not quite in that top class of mids. He was always a step down from guys like Rory Sloane who had more X factor and elite traits.

Boak is a better player than Wines IMO. drew is a developing mid so definitely not a gun. Amon, Wines and Boak are three players who are close enough to elite all around the ball. I think they have a very light on on ball division though and are very exposed to injury. Crouch is a good ordinary player IMO, he's not quite in that top class of mids. He was always a step down from guys like Rory Sloane who had more X factor and elite traits.
Boak hasn't been better than Wines this year. Was elite last year and had some great games this year, but been a step below the elite mids in the comp this year.

Agree on Boake at his best yes but he’s had reasonable patches where he hasn’t shown it - to me elite is knowing you get that level more times than not and especially on big occasions
I do think we need to add some run/class to our mid set up but I don’t see that being 3-5 players short...it’s 1-2 and if we get Bing there are still ways to bridge that imo
If Brisbane had 2 Kings last night with Cameron at their feet they win comfortably
Daniher provides no presence or contest half time

Not fussed about his ego or whether he loves attention. I'm only talking about how good he is as a footballer.

Would love him at St Kilda.
If we are being real, he is the exact player we would love to draft this year… what a compliment to our current midfield Smith would be… more important that any other price right now IMO

Boak hasn't been better than Wines this year. Was elite last year and had some great games this year, but been a step below the elite mids in the comp this year.

Wines is having a great year, he's a bigger accumulator and a bull but doesn't necessarily have the impact of Boak. Boak is slowing but he's still an incredibly good player especially when they need him to lift. I'd back him to have a big finals games.

Daniher was the hyped prototype athletic 2 meters tall forward that was going to be a star. Max looks like he should be everything we've ever dreamed of but so did Joe for the Bombers. So did Jesse Hogan for Melbourne too at one point. I think we need some top end talent and some more around the ball would definitely help. If you get your best players in the first round that's a big risk to step out of 2 drafts for him. It might work out perfectly but to me we look a long way off Brisbane, Melbourne and the Dogs in the mids. If we get all our mids fire we compete. but need all of them going at 100% to beat the best.

Well I think we all know we aren't getting Bing this year.

I think we also know that we will be taking our first this year to the draft where there is plenty of promising midfield talent.

We also have two NGA kids that will fit into what we need on our list.

Agree on Boake at his best yes but he’s had reasonable patches where he hasn’t shown it - to me elite is knowing you get that level more times than not and especially on big occasions
I do think we need to add some run/class to our mid set up but I don’t see that being 3-5 players short...it’s 1-2 and if we get Bing there are still ways to bridge that imo
If Brisbane had 2 Kings last night with Cameron at their feet they win comfortably
Daniher provides no presence or contest half time
Boak was the reliable, elite mid last year but dropped off a bit this year. He is 33 so that wouldn't be unexpected.

We definitely need to keep adding to our midfield but as you said, it's doesnt need a huge overhaul. We have enough pieces always to a good midfield and just need to add the finishing touches.

No Hipwood, McStay and Payne going off at half time didnt help either. They went from being a 3 tall forward set up to having to play a full back as a forward in their most important game the year, him getting injured and leaving Daniher as the only tall until they tried the miracle swing your AA Full Back forward in the last 5 minutes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well I think we all know we aren't getting Bing this year.

I think we also know that we will be taking our first this year to the draft where there is plenty of promising midfield talent.

We also have two NGA kids that will fit into what we need on our list.

It sounds as though we are looking at Chesser with our first pick though. He's more a running back. Windhager sounds more mid orientated but Owens is more a utility at that side despite a good game in the centre and one on the wing.

It sounds as though we are looking at Chesser with our first pick though. He's more a running back. Windhager sounds more mid orientated but Owens is more a utility at that side despite a good game in the centre and one on the wing.
A few people on here like Chesser. There has been nothing from the club about who we like the look of.

A few people on here like Chesser. There has been nothing from the club about who we like the look of.

I think Stavro suggested it, he's pretty good with his ITK stuff.

Where did you hear we are looking at chesser?

Where did you hear that?

I'd be surprised if that were the case.

Yes I wasn't suggesting they were both inside mids but both suit a need.

Windhanger is that skillful mid forward type similar to Butters IMO.

Owens looks like a genuine utility.

That would be a pretty handy draft haul if we can nail that first pick with a good mid.

I'd be happy to turn our thoughts to Bing then, but we also need to find a key defender.

Where did you hear that?

I'd be surprised if that were the case.

Yes I wasn't suggesting they were both inside mids but both suit a need.

Windhanger is that skillful mid forward type similar to Butters IMO.

Owens looks like a genuine utility.

That would be a pretty handy draft haul if we can nail that first pick with a good mid.

I'd be happy to turn our thoughts to Bing then, but we also need to find a key defender.
Wouldn’t be surprised if we took Gibcus with our first if he was available if we are confident those two nga boys will be out the 20. 1 mid, 1 tall defender, 1 tall mid. Good haul

Wouldn’t be surprised if we took Gibcus with our first if he was available if we are confident those two nga boys will be out the 20. 1 mid, 1 tall defender, 1 tall mid. Good haul
I really hope we take a mid.

Not sure either of those two boys will he genuine mids.

I think we can find other ways to get a key defender but we really need to find elite midfid talent and we've all but ignored that area in the top part of the draft for a long time.

I'd be pretty happy to go into 2023 with this side. Looks well balanced with plenty of midfield options and a good mixture of youth and experience by then.

Wilkie - Howard - Paton
Highmore - Schlenslog - Sinclair
Windhager - Steele - Hill
Higgins - Bing - Billings
Membrey - Ming - Gresham

Marshall - Clark - Ward/Hobbs/Sonsie

Crouch, Jones, Coffield, Owens, Bytel, Byrnes, Sharman

If we can't get an key defender the I think we have to develop Allison in that role.

Daniher was only ever hyped up because of his last name. No one would have given two shits if his last name was constable or Smith...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back