Paul Hunter

Traded;
Luke Dunstan

Retired;
Jake Carlisle
Dylan Roberton
Shaun McKernan
James Frawley

To see the full playing list list (it gets updated regularly) visit this thread;

Restricted and Unrestricted Free Agency Window
Friday October 1 – Friday October 8

Trade Period
Players: Monday October 4 – Wednesday October 13
Picks: Monday October 4 – Monday November 15

List Lodgement 1
Friday October 29

Delisted Free Agency Window 1
Wednesday November 3 - Tuesday November 9

List Lodgement 2 (Final date for primary list delistings)
Wednesday November 10

Delisted Free Agency Window 2
Thursday November 11 - Monday November 15

AFL Pre-Season Commences (First to fourth year players)
Monday November 22

National Draft
Round 1: Wednesday November 24 (7pm)
Round 2 – completion: Thursday November 25 (7pm - late)

Preseason and Rookie Drafts
Friday November 26 (3.20pm)

Final List Lodgement
Monday November 29

Pre-Season Commences (All other players)
Monday 6 December

Pre-Season Supplemental Selection Period (SSP)
December - March (tbc)

Pre-Season Christmas Break
Sunday 19 December - Sunday 9 January

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't this bloke just win the Brownlow with an all time high number of votes?

How is he not a 'superstar' of the game?

He's a star in that he's well known but I'd say he's like Lauchie Neale and Tom Mitchell are stars. Bont, Dusty, Petracca are the new generation of superstars.

Clayton Oliver is a better player than Wines IMO and he's still not quite in that top bracket.

Surely we grab Rory Thompson with pick 85 before Gold Coast redraft him

Surely we grab Rory Thompson with pick 85 before Gold Coast redraft him

I take that back, didn’t realise he was 30

Give me a break Gringo cmon man... "close to elite"? He's had 2 top 5 finishes in the brownlow and AFLCA MVP awards. "Not a high impact player" averaged over a goal a game, has one of the highest disposal efficiencies of any inside mid and is good overhead. Please stop underselling our first genuine star since Roo 😂

Steele didn’t average a goal a game though?

Not sure about this moving senior and highly paid players to the rookie list... we might as well do the same with gears & Hannebery if we see some delisted players who might be a good fit.

Not sure about this moving senior and highly paid players to the rookie list... we might as well do the same with gears & Hannebery if we see some delisted players who might be a good fit.
Makes the rookie list pretty irrelevant if it means the same number of total players just have to be in either a big box or small box

Greenwood and Thompson aren't going to the rookie list. They will be redrafted to the senior list.

AFL draft rules say that a club has to use 3 picks in the draft (inc rookie upgrades) as a minimum.

The Sun's don't want to roll the dice on untried players at pick 120 so they will use pick 3 as a 'live' pick and then use their late picks to grab Greenwood and Thompson.

There will be an unwritten agreement between clubs not to **** around and snipe these guys earlier in the draft, although Greenwood could get a game for any club in the comp IMO.

Makes the rookie list pretty irrelevant if it means the same number of total players just have to be in either a big box or small box

As far as i know the rookie list has always meant you can pay those players less.
You could always pay them more.
But the salary cap is the total.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This draft period will strongly strengthen our squad , just picking up Windhager , Owens and our first round draft pick is a big talent injection and gives us 3 players who have promise and fills the gaps we had last year with so many players just unable to play.
By all accounts Hannerbery may well be able to play more next season seeing he had finally overcome his problems then add on Gresham and Paton and spots are going to be hard to get.
Players like Battle , Connolly , Bytel , Byrne will need to really take the next step in there development to force there way into the side.

Liam Jones retiring has left a hole in Carltons backline and will now need to trade or draft to fill the hole.

they'll be gunning for Schelenshog and Dean hard I reckon. Need a ready made defender to take Jones' spot

SOS to come back and draft himself. Further lols ensue.

The second delisted free agency period finishes today. Hasn't been much movement there, just the two players as far as I know, Brander and Stengle. Why do they bother with two separate weeks?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2021 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Back