List Mgmt. 2021 Young Talent Time

Remove this Banner Ad

"NGA MISS LEAVES WINGMAN UP FOR GRABS
West Australian wingman Arthur Jones will be available in the main NAB AFL Draft pool after it emerged West Coast did not sign him as a Next Generation Academy prospect.

There has been recent interest in Jones from AFL clubs since an eye-catching performance for WA in the under-19s clash against South Australia on Grand Final day.

The 18-year-old Claremont youngster also enjoyed a strong end to his school and WAFL colts seasons, leading to a club invite for him to test at the Draft Combine next week.

It had been assumed by clubs that West Coast would have priority access to Jones, who grew up in Mt Barker in WA's south and was part of the club's NGA zone, but he was not locked in before his 17th year as required under Academy rules."

Exciting news, worth a late-rookie pick
Definitely worth tracking through the combine.

"NGA MISS LEAVES WINGMAN UP FOR GRABS
West Australian wingman Arthur Jones will be available in the main NAB AFL Draft pool after it emerged West Coast did not sign him as a Next Generation Academy prospect.

There has been recent interest in Jones from AFL clubs since an eye-catching performance for WA in the under-19s clash against South Australia on Grand Final day.

The 18-year-old Claremont youngster also enjoyed a strong end to his school and WAFL colts seasons, leading to a club invite for him to test at the Draft Combine next week.

It had been assumed by clubs that West Coast would have priority access to Jones, who grew up in Mt Barker in WA's south and was part of the club's NGA zone, but he was not locked in before his 17th year as required under Academy rules."

Exciting news, worth a late-rookie pick

That makes Erasmus and Jones who should have been NGA and paperwork was slack…. Someone at WCE must be having the burner applied to various bodily parts I would assume.. disgraceful, but somehow satisfying at the same time! :)

That makes Erasmus and Jones who should have been NGA and paperwork was slack…. Someone at WCE must be having the burner applied to various bodily parts I would assume.. disgraceful, but somehow satisfying at the same time! :)
To be fair, we also forgot to get Jahmal Stretch in ours, and given they wouldn't have got Erasmus anyway we're about even

Don't trade any of those first rounders!!!!!!!

I love how there are people on here who complain that trade week has been super boring, and then complain when their team is active in trade week.

I wish we would just accumulate what we can from the Cerra and (potentially) Brodie deals and then sit tight and be super boring for the rest of the time.

1633537486279.png

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:
draft with Clark in with 22.
6. Erasmus
8. Amiss
19. Hough
trade up to get Browne
Match bid for benning

without Clark
6. Erasmus
8.Wanganeen- milera
19. Hough
22. Jack Williams
trade up to get Browne
Match bid for benning

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sonsie has suffered from a lack of exposure. Was tracking as a top 5 pick. Likely someone gets a bargain (the Vic clubs would know plenty about him though). I am still firmly in the we don't need any more sub 6' midfielders so it is a no from me.

Christ we really need to nail this draft if we are to build a team that can win a flag. Makes me nervous as hell though that half the talent pool has been somewhat hidden behind lockdowns for half the year. Hope we can get a couple of future A-graders.

If we don't get Clark, how ironic would it be if we take Mitch Knevitt (194cm inside bull from Geelong Falcons, top 3 in 2km time trial and 20m sprint) with Pick 22. Apparently they are very keen to get him but think he may go inside top 20.

Amiss makes me nervous. Would of liked to have seen him against the Vic teams/good defenders. Reckon his upside is more of a Todd Marshall, Finlayson type.

Christ we really need to nail this draft if we are to build a team that can win a flag. Makes me nervous as hell though that half the talent pool has been somewhat hidden behind lockdowns for half the year. Hope we can get a couple of future A-graders.

If we don't get Clark, how ironic would it be if we take Mitch Knevitt (194cm inside bull from Geelong Falcons, top 3 in 2km time trial and 20m sprint) with Pick 22. Apparently they are very keen to get him but think he may go inside top 20.

Amiss makes me nervous. Would of liked to have seen him against the Vic teams/good defenders. Reckon his upside is more of a Todd Marshall, Finlayson type.
Yeah love the irony, but with Brodie coming in we won't be looking for an inside bull. If Knivett could play wing, yessss.

Brodie may have put question marks against Erasmus and Johnson? List needs suggest Rachele, Wanganeen-Millera and any tall/medium forward may fit better.

Yeah love the irony, but with Brodie coming in we won't be looking for an inside bull. If Knivett could play wing, yessss.

Brodie may have put question marks against Erasmus and Johnson? List needs suggest Rachele, Wanganeen-Millera and any tall/medium forward may fit better.
Erasmus plays forward and his midfield time can increase when Barra retires and in 4 or 5 years he is ready to take over Fyfe.

Johnson is an interesting one. Could be played off half back until he is ready to play midfield but we are stacked in the back half.

Brodie couldn't make the Suns best 22, while I have a good feeling about him, he isn't a sure thing.

I do agree that Rachele and Wanganeen-Millera are better fits short term.

Doubt our draft choices will be impacted whatsoever because we picked up a bloke that couldn't get a game at GC.

Erasmus plays forward and his midfield time can increase when Barra retires and in 4 or 5 years he is ready to take over Fyfe.

Johnson is an interesting one. Could be played off half back until he is ready to play midfield but we are stacked in the back half.

Brodie couldn't make the Suns best 22, while I have a good feeling about him, he isn't a sure thing.

I do agree that Rachele and Wanganeen-Millera are better fits short term.
Are you suggesting the coach will renege on his preference to put players in their preferred positions? Interesting. Next we'll have Cox playing forward.

Rachele and Wanganeen-Millera wouldn't be short term solutions. They would be position fits.

Doubt our draft choices will be impacted whatsoever because we picked up a bloke that couldn't get a game at GC.
Maybe. But if we had a young inside mid languishing at Peel picking up 30-40 possessions week in, week out, I'm pretty sure we wouldn't be drafting another inside mid in the top 10.

Cerra was our second best ball user in the midfield behind Mundy. As much as we hope we get another 5 years from Mundy the reality is next year is more than likely his last. Any midfielder we draft this year needs to have exquisite foot skills. For that reason I would be taking Wanganeen-Milera with our first pick and one of the tall forwards with our second pick. We need that class in the guts.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2021 Young Talent Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Back