Game Day 2022 AFL Grand Final : Geelong v Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Reckon the Swans will win it .

They'll be able to match Cats physically and then get them on the spread on the MCG if they playoff .
They've got Melbourne covered if they happen to play again

Yes Im assuming they win their prelim šŸ™‚
The Swans have flown completely under the radar all year - a solid spread of ages - from experienced to youth, they are well coached and disciplined nothing fancy but have x-factor up forward with the likes of Papley, Heeney and Buddy. Like SYL said the silver lining is that everyone stops to have a look at how they stockpile top talent if they win

And this is where the Hawks 13-15 team is massively underrated.

Opposition supporters whine and moan that the Hawks played a keepings off non contested brand. When they did that they did it because they could - because they were that skilful they could pull it off.

But at the same time they could go with anyone when it came to contested footy. Hodge, Burgoyne, Lewis, Mitchell, Rough, Birch, Lake, etc. were not taking a backward step to anyone. But they never get this credit.

Geelong 07-11 was the same, and Brisbane. Highly skilled but tough as nails as well. Richmond were never highly skilled.
Oh yeh our 3 peat side was as hard and physical as they come.

Brisbane Lions 3 peat team was a physical presence as well.

Feel like we need to target these kind of strong, powerful players going forward.

We have enough lightly framed half backs thanks!

Regress is not the word you were looking for, 'revert' perhaps?

The AFL has done nothing but regress the game in their pandering to a fictional TV viewer who doesn't know the rules, doesn't appreciate real football skill, and just wants to see large men give each other concussion.
Yes my bad I meant revert

The football our 3 peat team used to play was elevated to an actual art form, was magnificent to watch.

Prefer Freo or Lions to win the flag.

Could stomach Swans or Pies winning it.

Rather not have a potential threepeat looming if Dees win it.

But Cats would have to be the ones I wouldn't want to win it the most. I'd also enjoy watching them lose the GF the most. Especially if they decide to go around again and top up some more.

The Swans have flown completely under the radar all year - a solid spread of ages - from experienced to youth, they are well coached and disciplined nothing fancy but have x-factor up forward with the likes of Papley, Heeney and Buddy. Like SYL said the silver lining is that everyone stops to have a look at how they stockpile top talent if they win
Paddy McCartin is one of the stories of the season. People can bitch and moan about academies all they want but the Swans are the best in the business at pulling off stories like this.

Paddy McCartin is one of the stories of the season. People can bitch and moan about academies all they want but the Swans are the best in the business at pulling off stories like this.

Probably not a very popular take but I don't think he should be playing at all TBH. Poor kid is a few headknocks away from not only career over but possibly quality of life. It's madness that he even got approved to play.

All clubs should be allowed to have the same academy like Sydney. It will improve the quality of the league.

On Paddy McCartin, every time I watched Swans and he's contested the footy, I'm scared for him. Wondering if players got insured now for concusion impacts.

All clubs should be allowed to have the same academy like Sydney. It will improve the quality of the league.

On Paddy McCartin, every time I watched Swans and he's contested the footy, I'm scared for him. Wondering if players got insured now for concusion impacts.
On the first point - yes, it would be great - There's a Manchester Uniter youth team photo with Beckham, Scholes, Neville and Butt who would all go on to be club champions (I loved seeing those photos of Ward and Long and Ward and McDonald playing together in junior teams). Anything to lift the quality and skills of the league should be promoted.

On the second point - I sort of get where you are coming from...But he wants to play and he knows the risks and still puts his head over the pill - brave? fool hardly? I don't know but if someone is doing what they love even if its a risk to themselves?? I don't know I'm not saying its all ok but there's a lot of grey and its not a clear case of you're concussion prone you shouldn't play. Good luck to him to come back from where he's been is an incredible effort

If the AFL were serious about CTE he should have been de-registered.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably not a very popular take but I don't think he should be playing at all TBH. Poor kid is a few headknocks away from not only career over but possibly quality of life. It's madness that he even got approved to play.
I agree with this, he's not going to go the rest of his career without getting another head knock and every new one is potentially taking years off his life - and is definitely whittling away at the quality of those years.

If the AFL were serious about CTE he should have been de-registered.

This article tells you all you need to know about whether the AFL are serious about concussion, long-term brain damage, CTE and the horrific effect it has on the lives of players like Danny Frawley and Shane Tuck.

The AFL administration are dangerously incompetent and maliciously money-hungry.

Gerard and Robbo talking about the sold out MCG this Saturday being 93,000 Pies vs 1,000 Dockers fans.

Surely there will be a reasonable number of neutrals considering its the onlyAFL Men's game in Melbourne this week?

Whoops: got ahead of myself, that would be next weekend , there is another Melb game this weekend lol

Donā€™t want Buddy winning a flag at the Swans
Donā€™t want Geelong to win it obviously

Anyone but these two please

As unlikely as it is give me a Brisbane v Collingwood grand final. 20 years after 2002 Foxtel/Ch7 can bring out the big guns Aker Browny, Voss and Pike to discuss the history :p

Gerard and Robbo talking about the sold out MCG this Saturday being 93,000 Pies vs 1,000 Dockers fans.

Surely there will be a reasonable number of neutrals considering its the onlyAFL Men's game in Melbourne this week?
Unless I'm looking at a different league and MCG, Melbourne is playing Brisbane here too

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2022 AFL Grand Final : Geelong v Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Back