Game Day 2022 AFL Grand Final : Geelong v Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, wide open card.

Still think it's the Cats to lose, but any team that gets a run on in form could run the table and take the chocolates.

So on that, Melbourne to me started to look like they're building form. And the Tigers, just quietly, have been looking better the last 2 weeks. And Cats obviously have been smashing nobodies. Although you could say the same about Richmond.

I'd like Freo to win it, but if they're going to do any serious business, they're going to have to do it on the road, which is challenging.

So, week 1 tips:
  • Richmond - Unless Brisbane have been playing rope a dope and Tigers downhill skiing, I think the Tiges get it done. Even up at the Gabba.
  • Melbourne - at the G, I think they'll handle Sydney pretty easily.
  • Geelong - this is the hardest one to pick for me. Geelong should win, but I see plenty of scenarios where the Pies could come in "clutching" again.
  • Fremantle - If you're squeaking into the 8 on percentage on the back of the final H&A result, you're historically not going to do too much business in the finals. Plus it's in Perth. So unless the umps let the Dogs go full Tom Brady, I reckon they get bundled out

Hmm 2 and 2 last week. Just as well I didn't "gamble responsibly"

This weekend I'm going:
  • Melbourne - can't see the Daniher-less Lions getting close. Demons need to buck up their ideas though if they're going to survive beyond next weekend.
  • Collingwood - Freo were ordinary for a 1/3 of the match last week. Do that here and they are toast. I think Moore will be imperious and he plus the road trip will prove too much for Freo. Just can't see them getting a score high enough to worry the pies.
History suggests I've gotten one of these wrong. Which one? We wait with baited breath...

Big Maxy is looking like he is in for a huge night with McInerney out

As we know from painful experience when Gawn is up against a second string ruckman its usually an absolute bloodbath.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will be interesting to see how the dees go with McDonald back. He at least provides a solid target up forward that Brown can’t.

It took until the prelim final for the dees to get the forward line sorted last year.

They get it going and they beat Geelong. They don’t they lose.
Need to stop the 2nd half fade outs too

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2022 AFL Grand Final : Geelong v Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Back