Preview 2022 AFL Grand Final, Geelong vs Sydney @ 2:30pm at the MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone else stuck working tomorrow? I’m overseas and have to work all day. I’m the only Geelong supporter here, and only a handful of the guys follow AFL. Thankfully, my boss is happy for me to put the game on one of our work screens. I’ve already told everyone don’t expect me to do anything after 2:30pm.

Anyone else stuck working tomorrow? I’m overseas and have to work all day. I’m the only Geelong supporter here, and only a handful of the guys follow AFL. Thankfully, my boss is happy for me to put the game on one of our work screens. I’ve already told everyone don’t expect me to do anything after 2:30pm.
im going to the game, but in 2007 I was the manager on duty of the biggest supermarket in Geelong at the time. I had K rock cranked over the PA, at half time a couple came in to do their shopping in their port gear. They were not impressed with the audio.

Holmes all smiles at the MCG today so on face value it would appear he still feels he is a legitimate chance to front up for the big dance.

It seems there is an issue with the sciatic nerve and it's probably going to take more than a week of therapy to completely resolve itself and the risk of reoccurrence under game intensity is the worry. Suspect a searching fitness test tomorrow morning is on the cards and if he passes then it's up to the coaches.

Scott has always maintained he has absolute trust in the medicos. Big call to be made.

Last edited:
So we dont have any actual news on Max, just that he didn't participate in a Captains run that he was never going to take part in, having already had a run this morning
Haha yeah I came on here and read a couple of "he's out" posts in a row and went looking for the tweet confirming it.... And it doesn't exist! Deeps breaths everyone, we'll know tomorrow.

Yikes. Lucky we're not that stupidly arrogant anymore.
Not sure if you recall the Prelim v Dogs in 08. We were a much superior team, but it was a struggle.
Varcoe was great that night, but got a late soft tissue injury and came off.
Chappy had a hamstring that was probably nqr, and came into the GF a little below par.
Harley and Bartel were both injured in the GF.
And we lost Prismall with an ACL v Saints in the QF. That was more costly than many admit to as he was a really quality kick, something we lacked in that GF.
Stokes- absolute blunder that he played.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back