Player Watch 2022 AFL National Draft Discussion - read the pinned post

Who will you be happy with Hawthorn selecting with their first pick?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
National AFL draft Monday November 28(first round only).
All other selections to be held on Tuesday November 29.
The pre-season and rookie drafts will then take place at 3pm (AEST) on Wednesday November 30.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why has everyone gone off Humphrey ??
I think it's mainly due to his kicking. He's still my number one choice for our pick and it's mainly because of his upside. Yes he's a bad kick but I do think he'll improve, but his athleticism and the way he bounces through and around traffic is elite. We need more players that can do this and break the game open. Even if his kicking never becomes good, he'll still have the ability to spend half the game in the forward line as a real dangerous target, then being injected into the midfield to change the pace of the game.

I think it's time we start taking some big risks with our early picks especially considering we were very conservative last year.

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Goldcoast surely won't take a metro kid like tsatas if he is a slight flight risk. If north don't take him every chance he gets to us.

I think someone like ginbey or Clarke would appeal to goldcoast.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hanging out hope for Tsatas (either somehow at 6 or to slide down if Essendon/GC prefer others). Good arguments for any of Mackenzie, Clark, Phillipou and Humphrey.

Essendon will take either Tsatsas or Clark. Mahoney said yesterday they want a midfielder. I think it will be Clark. If that happens. Hollands will go to GC and Tsatsas to Hawthorn.
If GC wanted Hollands (and I can understand the reasoning given their record of keeping players), you'd think they'd trade back.

If GC wanted Hollands (and I can understand the reasoning given their record of keeping players), you'd think they'd trade back.
yep fair point, but a little risky as well as he's around the 10 mark. From GCs pick 6 what falls behind is no great difference imo. Just a gut feel they will take him with #6. There are always bolters and he could be one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back