List Mgmt. 2022 Draft Thread - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

= Gone then IMO
My mail FWIW is that he really likes the club and the club is trying like hell to keep him. He is just a kid and really misses home. He wenthome for four days over the break and we had a hard time getting him back.
I am hoping that with the new direction of the club, a year more to settle, another young South Aussie in Phillipou arriving, better results, and settling in with his housemates (Doogs and someone else can't remember, Highmore?) young NAz gets over it and want to stay, he looks a gem and would be loathe to lose him.

We discussed him a bit last year, with the other NGA's and i thought he was passed up in the draft last year, but i'm not sure now, he might have been underage then.

I just read an article where he was really playing well towards the end of the year, in fact named player of the finals series , must go ok

Last edited:
Who was the best player to wear No 10,before the Pou came along
We're NOT putting him in that accursed number 10 shirt. No good in being a confident alpha stud if you're injured for 80% of your career.

He gets 25 next to Battle or 42 or something to pull his head in.

10 goes to the most expendable player we have.

On NWM I think he stays. Port don't have a first round pick next year anyway and that is the most likely destination if he does want to leave. One more year getting used to Melb with Ross and his mate the Pou and things will settle. We will have a core of youngsters after this draft and last year that should help to make him feel more connected socially and in the team. A long way to go before next years trade period. Player retention really hasn't been a problem for us to date.

As for tonights haul of the players left:

1. Brayden George: Is the only player I would consider trading up for, will be gone by our pick for sure and has the ability to be elite. As long as the Doc's think the knee is ok worth the cost of next years 2nd. None of the others demand that kind of investment. Admittedly only going on what others have reported on him as I have never seen him play.

2. Lachie Cowan, Charlie Clark, Lewis Hayes - Will all likely go before our pick but would be my first choices if still available

3. Burgiel, Hotton - Hoping one of them makes it through to our first pick

4. Keeler - On talent and fit is perfect for us the knocks on his commitment to an AFL lifestyle are harder to assess from a distance. Hopefully we have done the work and believe we can turn him into an AFL player

5. Van Es, Phillips hopefully one of them is still around for the later picks we need a Key Back.

6. Drury, Gallagher, Long, Phoenix Foster all look like they can fill a role so happy for any of them and Foster is Pous mate

7. Late or Rookie: Seth Campbell, Lovelock, Magor, O'Sullivan

Will be interesting to see if we pull a smokey from somewhere as we have done previously and someone needs to steal Munkara from the Dons just not us.

Stay away from Lemmy Scully
I'd add Hayes with George as possible trade ups.

My mail FWIW is that he really likes the club and the club is trying like hell to keep him. He is just a kid and really misses home. He wenthome for four days over the break and we had a hard time getting him back.
I am hoping that with the new direction of the club, a year more to settle, another young South Aussie in Phillipou arriving, better results, and settling in with his housemates (Doogs and someone else can't remember, Highmore?) young NAz gets over it and want to stay, he looks a gem and would be loathe to lose him.
Nas has moved in with Hilly now. Used to live with Mason Wood.

I think that's all the facts that anyone can point towards, otherwise we are all just spitballing as to whether he hates Melbourne or not or his homesick. Doubt many on here know the intricacies of Nasiahs life or how he is feeling. IMO, the not signing an extension is somewhat of a red flag when almost every other kid who has been committed to by a club with their first round pick has shown the faith. I wonder who his manager is....
That's fair enough, didn't know about his non-extension status. BTW, who is his manager?

We're NOT putting him in that accursed number 10 shirt. No good in being a confident alpha stud if you're injured for 80% of your career.

He gets 25 next to Battle or 42 or something to pull his head in.

10 goes to the most expendable player we have.
Allison in the 10 it is then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last year was his draft year, he's an over ager now
Such a fine line. Nephew was an outside chance of being drafted last year, spoken to by a couple of clubs and was hoping for a late pick or rookie callup, pretty confident he would make it.
Then just before the draft did his acl very badly, wasn't at a club and during non essential operation restrictions, didn't get it done for 5 months, 8 months later still can't swivvle or turn on it, only straight lines.
Rehabbing with Williamstown hoping to play but his AFL dream seems long gone.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2022 Draft Thread - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Back