List Mgmt. 2022 Draft Thread - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Ironically, Owens is a good kick for goal, but kicks like a wood chopper around the ground. Humphrey seems the opposite.

If we took Humphrey, I’d be tethering him to Crouch and Steele for multiple preseasons. He’d be crafted into a burst midfielder who rests forward for mine.

If Jordan Degoey won't come to us we might just have to find our own. What he lacks in accuracy he makes up for in repeat attacks.

His return to the NAB League, though, has put him firmly in top-10 discussions – and possibly even higher – with a 31 disposals and 4.5 performance upon return followed by 1.4 the week after and four goals after that. Humphrey is an exciting, tough, powerful forward who goes through the midfield and has so many ways to impact games. Has shades of Jordan De Goey in his impact.

Being

being a good kick is worth nothing if you can’t get the ball. Getting lots of the ball but being a bad kick isn’t worth too much either.

What we need is elite kicks who can get lots of their own ball.

Phillipou and Tsitas both fit that bill.

If Jordan Degoey won't come to us we might just have to find our own. What he lacks in accuracy he makes up for in repeat attacks.

His return to the NAB League, though, has put him firmly in top-10 discussions – and possibly even higher – with a 31 disposals and 4.5 performance upon return followed by 1.4 the week after and four goals after that. Humphrey is an exciting, tough, powerful forward who goes through the midfield and has so many ways to impact games. Has shades of Jordan De Goey in his impact.

Have to bring this up , the AFL have totally cratered some clubs by giving so much to establish Gold Coast and GWS.
God knows how many players they have destroyed being drafted by these clubs - many move but are basically finished after a couple of deflating years of there development.--- have a look at the high draft picks that have vanished.

Gold Coast , how they cast out Lyons , never played Peter Wright for a year and then off loaded him and then Brodie and now they are casting out Fiorini and Bowes ----- and the burning point to me is they have knowingly blown there salary cap and the AFL are allowing them to trade off there first round pick so they can attempt to stay close to the cap.

Anyway I hope we select the best player with our first round pick.

Yes both can be drafted on the cat b list again

Sam Latreille probably the only other chance as far as I know as a cat B rookie
Latreille reads alright on rookie me scout notes. Exciting small fwd.

Thought Beilby did some good things for Sandy. Didnt notice McLennan as much. Be a shame to not use a Cat.B spot if we have it, even if it just proves to future NGA's we are willing to follow through with them.

Latreille reads alright on rookie me scout notes. Exciting small fwd.

Thought Beilby did some good things for Sandy. Didnt notice McLennan as much. Be a shame to not use a Cat.B spot if we have it, even if it just proves to future NGA's we are willing to follow through with them.
McLennan played some games for Sandy Zebs, so probably because he is an overager, it will be a no, to drafting him.

I think Oliver Hollands could be a safe, 1st draft pick selection for us.
A hard two-way runner & arguably the best disposer in the draft, with a penetrating kick also.
Seems a bit like Brad Hill, but can play inside too.
One of the best in the Vic.C v Vic.M match, although, was quiet in the last quarter.

Sam Crocker was a great kick.
Brodie Murdoch was a great kick.
Leo Connolly is a great kick.

And everybody’s favourite Jack Billing’s is a great kick.

Where has all that got us?

The question with Bailey Humphrey is whether he’s a Dangerfield, Fyfe, Martin, Cripps, Owens type bad kick.

Or a Jayson Daniels type bad kick.

If it’s the latter then pass.

If it’s the former, then if everything else about him stacks up then you simply have to consider/take him.
I used to think like this but when’s the last time you watched a finals game and thought “yeah it was their precision kicking that won them that final”? Contest and pressure wins finals and grand finals. As long as he’s consistently putting up good numbers I can live with crap kicking.

No he’s a Josh Dunkley /Nathan Wright level bad kick. It’s in his ball drop is so high. Also Cripps, Danger, are not bad kicks. Also fact Dusty is an elite kick. The other thing is no one is saying he needs to be an elite kick but he needs to be a competent kick.

Lastly I’d agree connoly is an elite kick and something we’ve missed. He’s another Sinclair

Ironically, Owens is a good kick for goal, but kicks like a wood chopper around the ground. Humphrey seems the opposite.

If we took Humphrey, I’d be tethering him to Crouch and Steele for multiple preseasons. He’d be crafted into a burst midfielder who rests forward for mine.
I see what your saying but I’m seriously worried about his ball drop. They’re not easy to change.

Off the top of my head guys who have improved poor kicking techniques

- Yeo , Jobe Watson, Jack Crisp. (Nathan Wright got better but not too a decent enough level. )

Guys who didn’t
Dunkley
Taylor Adams
Tim Taranto
Clint jones

I’m coming around to the idea of Jefferson if all the good kids are gone. Maybe even Hewitt if the go home factor isn’t to high
There’s something about Jefferson I really like. He has a pretty Awsome ability to contort his body to take diving marks and Awsome off balance snaps for someone his size. I think he’s have great balance coordination. Think he will surprise a lot at the next level and sooner then people think.

https://www.espn.com.au/afl/story/_...t-espn-early-two-round-breakdown-************

10. St Kilda - Matthew Jefferson
An athletic, high-flying key forward, Jefferson is one of the best readers of the ball in flight in this draft, and is a marking force forward of centre. Providing heavy scoreboard impact during the Under-18 Championships headlined by seven goals for Vic Metro against Western Australia, Jefferson does not need to find much of the football to put points on the board.

An athletic, high-flying key forward, Jefferson is one of the best readers of the ball in flight in this draft, and is a marking force forward of centre. Providing heavy scoreboard impact during the Under-18 Championships headlined by seven goals for Vic Metro against Western Australia, Jefferson does not need to find much of the football to put points on the board.
sigh

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon he looks like a Kosi type where Cadman looks more like Rooey. I wouldn't be upset to get him but not one I'm drooling over the prospect of getting him.

I reckon he looks like a Kosi type where Cadman looks more like Rooey. I wouldn't be upset to get him but not one I'm drooling over the prospect of getting him.
We might already have a star forward waiting in the wings with Sharman and with Jack Hayes back who knows how well he goes.
I would be more interested in Buslinger who could fall to us and he is one of the best tall defenders in a draft for a while - rated higher than Naughton

He’s much more athletic then Kozi I actually think he moves a little bit like Winx. Although not as dominant

We might already have a star forward waiting in the wings with Sharman and with Jack Hayes back who knows how well he goes.
I would be more interested in Buslinger who could fall to us and he is one of the best tall defenders in a draft for a while - rated higher than Naughton
SOS said yesterday St Kilda needs quality mids and another Key Forward to help out King, i agree with him but good Key Forwards are very hard to find. I don't think he was referring to Hayes and Sharman.

RA6e9TM.gif

James Gallagher on trade radio today.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2022 Draft Thread - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Back