2022 Federal Election Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part 2 can be found here

Unless I'm missing something, isn't Dan Andrews quite popular in Victoria?

Those who hate Dan Andrews aren't voting Labor federally anyway.

I guess many people who "hate" him are anti-vax nutjobs etc who will vote to the right regardless. There's also people like me who think he is a crook who needs to be held to account - won't go over the reasons why in this thread. That said, I voted Labor on Monday and I'm sure there are plenty of others like me.

Sukkah will win comfortably in Deakin but I think the ALP planned for that all along given the complete lack of advertising for the Labor candidate. They've clearly identified targets where they will push to swing seats and this definitely isn't one of them.

First time I saw Gregg was at the booth on Monday. Surprising as given the demographic in Deakin you'd think it would nearly be a toss of the coin.

Drove my elderly parents to vote today in Goldstein lots of good teal energy. Liberal party volunteer tries to hand Dad a how to vote card. He politely declines saying this is the most corrupt government he has ever seen.
:heart:
My oldest brother and his wife life long Liberal voters filled in their postal vote yesterday predominantly because of Morrison, voted Labor!
I laughed as at least this time, no disagreement in the family. Did get him to put Greens first in the Senate as well.

They all count.

First time I saw Gregg was at the booth on Monday. Surprising as given the demographic in Deakin you'd think it would nearly be a toss of the coin.
given his branch stacking efforts, sukkar might prove more beneficial to the labor cause as a sitting backbencher ..... some ammunition to use at the dispatch box :drunk:

Best thing about this thread ? I've never liked;
. Adelaide
. Brisbane
. Carlton
. Collingwood
. Essendon
. Fremantle
. Geelong
. Gold Coast
. Greater Western Sydney
. Hawthorn
. Melbourne
. Port Adelaide
. Richmond
. St Kilda
. Sydney
. Western Bulldog
. West Coast supporters
......................so much ( wipes tear )

#sackscott

Last edited:
They all look the same to Fiona Martin. Vietnamese, Chinese, same, same.

Imagine going after your political opponent about where she grew up, when you don't even live in the electorate you're running for.
Can't wait to see it lead the nightly news tonight !!!

BORN TO RULE

Fiona Martin has absolutely sealed it now - of course in an electorate with about 20 percent Asian people in it - won't be concerned when the incumbent confuses a Vietnamese person with a Chinese person - they all look the same from Mosman. This might be controversial but Fiona Martin is worse than Tim Wilson. Big call I know - the Lib Loreto Kirribilli mean girls make the Labor ones look soft

Fiona Martin has absolutely sealed it now - of course in an electorate with about 20 percent Asian people in it - won't be concerned when the incumbent confuses a Vietnamese person with a Chinese person - they all look the same from Mosman. This might be controversial but Fiona Martin is worse than Tim Wilson
I admire your optimism

Nothing against small business owners but you gotta wonder if they some of them should be in business at all.

If there's 2 florists in the shopping strip by the railway station why do you need to open another one and makes you think you are going to do any better ?

Yes, accountants have been raising the alarm about so-called "zombie" businesses for a while, who are just getting by but don't really make enough money for them to be viable for the owners. It's a tough one because killing off the "zombies" may be best for the economy in the long run but it will cause short term pain, which Morrison would rather avoid, as it would hurt his base. Having said that, Albo should be making the argument that good economic management means paying workers properly. Not only are lower-paid workers more likely to spend a higher % of their income, thereby stimulating the economy, but their labour has value, and is the very thing that generates profits for the business owner in the first place!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fiona Martin has absolutely sealed it now - of course in an electorate with about 20 percent Asian people in it - won't be concerned when the incumbent confuses a Vietnamese person with a Chinese person - they all look the same from Mosman. This might be controversial but Fiona Martin is worse than Tim Wilson. Big call I know - the Lib Loreto Kirribilli mean girls make the Labor ones look soft

I just can’t work out how Skynews are going to be able to employ all these LNP nut jobs

Last edited:

Not only did she confuse her, she doubled down.

Martin cited news reports in 2018 suggesting Sitou could run for the state seat of Cabramatta.

Only problem is that Kenneally wasn't around in Fowler in 2018 to "toss her out".

Liberal MP Fiona Martin denies mixing up Asian Australian candidates in debate with Sally Sitou

I admire your optimism

Martin is the most shit local member - and the local liberal Branch members hate her guts. She is a special case. Still think Labour will struggle to get 7 seats but Reid looks prospective and Sally is just the sort of person that Labor should be pre-selecting.

I just work out how Skynews are going to be able to employ all these LNP nut jobs

The demographic that likes Paul Murray would hate a plummy Mosman girl with a PhD.

In the current environment most definitely. Problem is, both sides are supporting the Stage 3 cuts, which are totally unnecessary.
One side proposed them because their entire reason for existing is handing cash to rich people.

The other side supported them because it is PR suicide not to.

Tony Windsor

A 5% increase in lowest paid wage would be $1 per hour. The business community suggest 3.1%, that is 62c per hour. So the debate is whether 38c/hour will ruin the economy. God help us…

Cathy Wilcox

There we go: CEOs pay rose 20% in the past year. Seems fair.

LIBERALS SCREW WORKERS. IT'S IN THEIR DNA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back