List Mgmt. 2022 List Management and trading thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree

I’d take 3 years in a heartbeat

Don’t reckon we can do it , but then didn’t think Dawson abd Rankine would land in our lap either so who knows what future holds

My issue isn't when we return to the finals, couldn't care less as long as when we do it's with a list that can genuinely challenge in the top 4 for multiple years. What I'm seeing is a hurry to get there ASAP which is a different process than developing a list to genuinely challenge for a flag. We need elite mids for that and I doubt we'll be getting them with the pick 10s that we've got coming our way.

Preduction - in 2 years we'll be backslapping a return to competing for the 8 and nobody will notice that we descended to bottom, stayed low for 4 years but only actually rebuilt back to the same failed philosophies that mire us in mediocrity.

Our top 6 paid should be:
Dawson
Laird
Fogarty
Walker
Berry
Rankine

Our actual top 6 paid would be
Sloane
Walker
Doedee
ROB
Laird
Smith?

I think Walker and Sloane will retire at the end of 2023. Smith, Doedee and ROB don't really deserve the money they are on.

So contracts - which ROB’s number is listed against are signed before the season starts. So clearly before the season Berry Fog and Rankine wouldn’t have been in the top 6. Berry and Fog also contracted for next year so will still be lower down but I am sure that will change with the extensions.

Rob is a no brainer to be a top 6 contract for us at the moment

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It really doesn't.

We had an incredibly easy draw this year, including return games against North (18th) and the Weagles (17th), which accounted for 4 of our 8 wins for the season. It's pretty much impossible to conceive of a draw which helps us win more games than it did this year. If anything, our draw next year is likely to be harder than it was in 2022.

Similarly, we had a pretty decent run with injuries this year, and it's hard to see how that could improve (and thus be a factor in winning more games) in 2023. If anything, we're likely to have more injuries in 2022 than we did in 2023, making it harder to win games.

Trading will (hopefully) improve our team, but not to the extent that winning 50% more games (i.e. 12) is anything more than a pipe dream.

10 wins is what we should be aiming for next year, and nobody should be disappointed if we "only" win 9 - 11 is overly optimistic, and there's virtually no chance of jagging 12.
you just wrote 4 paragraphs that i wrote in three points

you just wrote 4 paragraphs that i wrote in three points
Actually, I said that your 3 points were completely wrong. If anything, only 1 of them has any chance of improving our chances of winning more games next year - and the other 2 are more likely to result in fewer games won.

Actually, I said that your 3 points were completely wrong. If anything, only 1 of them has any chance of improving our chances of winning more games next year - and the other 2 are more likely to result in fewer games won.
No you didnt you just rewrote it so you felt you were right

Who are the etc etc that follow Greenwood and Keath in that sentence? You know who they are but you dishonestly didn't name them because they kill your argument. Dougie, Sauce, CEY and JJ are the etc etc. So we lost a part time mid that had played SANFL, a 3rd defensive tall, a key forward that was well on the outer playing 11 only games for the year. And you reckon those player losses with the toxic element removed results in the plunge that we experienced? Only in a fantasy land.
All those guys were much better at helping to win footy games than guys like Crock , Davis and first year Mcasey

Nicks inherited a shocking list but prob worse than that was it was a broken club

I really don’t know if he can take us next level , I have my doubts, only time will tell … but he hasn’t been as bad as you’re making out

My issue isn't when we return to the finals, couldn't care less as long as when we do it's with a list that can genuinely challenge in the top 4 for multiple years. What I'm seeing is a hurry to get there ASAP which is a different process than developing a list to genuinely challenge for a flag. We need elite mids for that and I doubt we'll be getting them with the pick 10s that we've got coming our way.

Preduction - in 2 years we'll be backslapping a return to competing for the 8 and nobody will notice that we descended to bottom, stayed low for 4 years but only actually rebuilt back to the same failed philosophies that mire us in mediocrity.
Pretty hard looking 2 years into future let alone 6 but you well could be right

Only time will tell

Off point but pedler looks agun

with good pre season definately starter clean with hands long aggressive kick

going be a gun midfielder

bookmark it
Was about to say to GROTTO

Burgess gets him 120 mins fit there’s some more improvement

Taylor is great , realistically not far off Soligo level long term

Need some more height … phillipou

All those guys were much better at helping to win footy games than guys like Crock , Davis and first year Mcasey

Nicks inherited a shocking list but prob worse than that was it was a broken club

I really don’t know if he can take us next level , I have my doubts, only time will tell … but he hasn’t been as bad as you’re making out

the best 22 was only a little worse than the year before and I can't imagine that it got more broken under him than it was in 2019 with Pyke and Burton running the show.

I don't think he's that bad, in fact I think he's ok, just he's the absolute wrong person for a rebuild. But I do think it's flawed to benchmark from the position we finished at the end of his first year. We lost only a couple of best 22 players, certainly none from the top 10 and the player happiness levels should have improved during 2020, not gotten worse.

also worth noting Keays played most of 2020 and after starting a bit rough he had a decent year. Definitely covered Thor's average output. Weird that you'd mention Crocker as a recruit but forget Keays. Bit like the etc etc when you knew the names I suspect.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

also worth noting Keays played most of 2020 and after starting a bit rough he had a decent year. Definitely covered Thor's average output. Weird that you'd mention Crocker as a recruit but forget Keays. Bit like the etc etc when you knew the names I suspect.
Because keays had just been delisted and we gave him a lifeline … otherwise he was bound for the neafl

Different than the fact we let Greenwood go to help rebuild our list with younger players especially since Greenwood had multiple club interest whereas keays basically had no options other than us in listing him

So in a way that’s a tick for player development given where he came from

No you didnt you just rewrote it so you felt you were right
WTF? Did you fail reading comprehension in primary school?

You said these 3 factors could potentially see us win more games next year. I agreed with you on one of them enhancing our chances (adding Rankine) - but said that the other 2 were already as good as it gets, and only likely to get worse in 2023.

Learn to read.

Pedlar and Taylor on the other hand.
Pedlar Taylor Soligo shchoenbug and maybe a big bodied mid r our future midfield

we know it with rankine Rachele rotating in mid roles

missing one big bodied mid complete rebuild philippou or jhf either or both and with more games in all youngsters we r on the up rebuild doing nicely

Pedlar Taylor Soligo shchoenbug and maybe a big bodied mid r our future midfield

missing one big bodied mid complete rebuild philippou or jhf either or both and with more games in all youngsters we r on the up rebuild doing nicely
Taken Carlton 20 years still not a top 8 side with how many no 1 picks lol v sad

WTF? Did you fail reading comprehension in primary school?

You said these 3 factors could potentially see us win more games next year. I agreed with you on one of them enhancing our chances (adding Rankine) - but said that the other 2 were already as good as it gets, and only likely to get worse in 2023.

Learn to read.
🤣

There's a few players in that reserves team that seem primed for next year, after another Burgess offseason.

Could we get anything for Newchurch, do we think?

Forgetting Berry there, can lock him in as one of our top 4 mids going forward.

I'm a big shchoenbug fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back