List Mgmt. 2022 List Management and trading thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow that sanfl game told some stories:

the good
pedlar taylor turner very encouraging - pedlar beast mode Q3 wow 🤩 pedlar and taylor need to play afl all next year irrespective of results that generates

strachan should be AFL and trade ROB (I know this is divisive) but... just do it

worrell a class above in defence needs to play afl only

nankervis interesting player - developing fast

frampton might have more trade collateral than we think

the bad
fish just doesnt try hard enough. actually has talents but effort is about 20%

newchurch and borlase - can probably see why they havent debuted

cook worrying-would not contest even sholl showed him up in contest. has regressed. why?

the good
pedlar taylor turner very encouraging - pedlar beast mode Q3 wow 🤩 pedlar and taylor need to play afl all next year irrespective of results that generates

strachan should be AFL and trade ROB (I know this is divisive) but... just do it

the bad

cook worrying-would not contest even sholl showed him up in contest. has regressed. why?
Can I ask how Frampton went?

Can I ask how Frampton went?

He was very good.

I think it’s safe to say his 1-1 work has certainly improved in the SANFL this season, it’s more his lead up defence that we haven’t seen much of.

The game where he got dropped Carlton had a club record 76 inside 50’s for the game, but it did expose Frampton a fair few times in that he doesn’t seem to have explosive speed off the mark, so he may be found out at AFL level where teams are much better at picking out KPF’s on the lead.

I think he’ll be a solid pickup regardless

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

the good

the bad

Watched Cook closely today and I think the season is taking its toll to be honest.

Has regressed as the season has gone on. His repeat sprint efforts are not good, although his endurance doesn’t seem too bad. He seems to just get gassed really quickly when he’s going at 100%. This was a feature of his game last year, so it’s a slight concern it’s still lingering, but he’s still only 19.

Definitely has to have a big preseason.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

There's a few players in that reserves team that seem primed for next year, after another Burgess offseason.

Could we get anything for Newchurch, do we think?
Newchurch is looking like a bust. We should go after Willie Rioli. Wants to get out of Perth I believe.

Not only do we need elite midfield talent, we need to bat deep in this area.

Unless we snag someone through trade, we are another ~3 years conservatively away from playing Finals.

Agree

I’d take 3 years in a heartbeat

Don’t reckon we can do it , but then didn’t think Dawson abd Rankine would land in our lap either so who knows what future holds
I think you guys are seriously underrating our current list .....yes we are young, but young does not mean talentless !

We'll play Finals in 2024 .....a few posted during the year, we were another 5 years away from Finals, and have to do another rebuild ......seriously, this is pure emotion talking after losses

We're a couple of building blocks short (players) .....and another 30 games of experience

I think you guys are seriously underrating our current list .....yes we are young, but young does not mean talentless !

We'll play Finals in 2024 .....a few posted during the year, we were another 5 years away from Finals, and have to do another rebuild ......seriously, this is pure emotion talking after losses

We're a couple of building blocks short (players) .....and another 30 games of experience
I reckon we will make finals next year.

Im not underrating our list, Im trying to be practical with my thinking here.

We lack elite midfield talent and depth in this area. Its one of the key criterion to winning a flag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon we will make finals next year.
I'm not comfortable our DEF can hold up yet .....I'd agree with many here that predict 10 wins next year & knocking on the door of the eight

But you never know in footy .....injuries define seasons

Im not underrating our list, Im trying to be practical with my thinking here.

We lack elite midfield talent and depth in this area. Its one of the key criterion to winning a flag.
Disagree .......Soligo, Laird, Berry, Pedlar, Keays, Rankine (30%), Schoenberg, are not talentless .....far from it

You're simply judging players on 20-30 games of footy .....not 60 games of footy, extra strength and extra fitness, that 20-30 game players simply can't have, to turn up each week

In addition, does Dawson start to go thru the midfield ? ......does Milera ?

i refuse to write off next year at this stage

Disagree .......Soligo, Laird, Berry, Pedlar, Keays, Rankine (30%), Schoenberg, are not talentless .....far from it

You're simply judging players on 20-30 games of footy .....not 60 games of footy, extra strength and extra fitness, that 20-30 game players simply can't have, to turn up each week

In addition, does Dawson start to go thru the midfield ? ......does Milera ?
Disagree.

You need to read the post carefully before making false accusations.

I never said they are talent-less. They are not elite. Not currently.

Lets hope they make the next step in their trajectory.

i refuse to write off next year at this stage
We should go into next season, optimistic ......I love these journey's of rebuilds ....next year is a huge ask though, to make Finals

I'm feeling more hopeful about finals in 2024 now after the way we ended the season (was thinking it'd be 2025 at the earliest mid-year), but not sure how deep in finals we'd go, based on the current young talent on the list. Still haven't got that mid with a superstar ceiling, I feel

I'm feeling more hopeful about finals in 2024 now after the way we ended the season (was thinking it'd be 2025 at the earliest mid-year), but not sure how deep in finals we'd go, based on the current young talent on the list. Still haven't got that mid with a superstar ceiling, I feel
What's your thoughts on Turner, after today's effort ?

Lets put this season in perspective, we won 8 games and 4 of those wins were against North and the Eagles that came last and 2nd to last.

Of course there is promising signs, the acquisition of Rankine and a good mid in this draft, will continue the upward rise in the progression of our rebuild, but to make finals we will need to better in a few areas.

This will take time, Im still comfortable in saying it will take 2-3 years time. That of course, can turn on its head if we acquire some midfield talent via trading.

George, you'll have to watch the variations as they occur .....as I've said, perfect explanation, but I doubt you'll agree with me, if I explain it again .....I have posted why recently

Dawson has nothing to do with Nicks current style .....and everything to do with protecting underperforming KPD's who are reasonably poor disposers of the ball ....and for that, also not great contested marks, albeit Murray is improving

Surely you instil and train defensive systems first rather than sacrifice our best distributors game? He had 2 seasons to show something before Dawson came in to cover and what has improved? How have you viewed the improvement in system?

Nicks style is all Ra Ra Ra + contest. Bugger all system either defensive or attacking.

Surely you instil and train defensive systems first rather than sacrifice our best distributors game? He had 2 seasons to show something before Dawson came in to cover and what has improved? How have you viewed the improvement in system?

Nicks style is all Ra Ra Ra + contest. Bugger all system either defensive or attacking.
Nicks was credited with instilling a competitive edge to get GWS to their first Grand Final ......in his first year, the team was viewed running in waves, orange tsunami style .....but he had a more mature team at his disposal

You can either play a style immediately that is your preferred style .....or tailor it to your personnel at the time .....depends on whether you want big losses ?

Apart from Dawson .....who were our elite ball users in the back half this year ......I can't think of any ??? .....Parnel, but a huge ask of a player who has only played a few games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back