List Mgmt. 2022 List Management: Draft, Trade and FA Pt2: Electric Boogaloo

Remove this Banner Ad

At Jackson’s age, Lobb had played 2 games. Hardly fair to compare.
The main reason not to compare Jackson to Lobb is that Lobb is not the standard to measure blokes of Jackson's draft pick/talent/hype/cost should be measured against.

If Jackson only got to Lobb's current level, that would be massively underwhelming.

If he's generational, compare him to Goodes, Stynes or some other massive tall dude who was athletic.

For me it’s delist all of Western Crowden and Blakely.
Free up the list spots and roll the dice on some mature agers from the VFL late in the main draft
That’s how the likes of Switta, Meek and Ryan came in the door.
We don’t owe anyone any charity especially if taken late in the draft. Some of these guys have had 5 plus years to show they can make it.
Every year there is players like Liam baker, Mihocek, Tom Papley, Zurharr in the rookie draft. Roll the dice on them with an extra pick or two.

A lot depends on the numbers going out the door and the amount of players coming in during trade week. If we see 5 or 6 depart during trade week along with Blakely and Mundy and only Jackson coming in that's a lot of 18 year olds coming in at the draft.

Crowden was probably Peel's best player today in a really bad loss. I'd be fine with him getting another 12 months but looks unlikely. Blakely is 100% gone.

A lot depends on the numbers going out the door and the amount of players coming in during trade week. If we see 5 or 6 depart during trade week along with Blakely and Mundy and only Jackson coming in that's a lot of 18 year olds coming in at the draft.

Crowden was probably Peel's best player today in a really bad loss. I'd be fine with him getting another 12 months but looks unlikely. Blakely is 100% gone.
do we still have a list vacancy off Valente's retirement or did we fill it?!

There are certain elements that are pretty exciting. Honestly think Amiss could be a star. Freddy finds some consistency and along with Schultz there are potentially 3 excellent options. I also haven't given up on Sturt making it. His back end to this season at Peel has actually been pretty good (in parts).

As to Jackson, we really need to stop pretending he's a forward. He kicked 11 goals in 22 games. If that was Rory Lobb's season we'd all be joining the pile on to get rid of him for a packet of Twisties.

Jackson just needs to fill Logue's role when he's forward. Give a contest, bring the ball to ground, and apply pressure.

Crowden goes alright I reckon but he's just one of those borderline AFL level players.
I would like to keep him. Sure, he isn't going to kick many goals, but he gives 100% and a I think he would add something as a defensive forward.

Crowden goes alright I reckon but he's just one of those borderline AFL level players.

I'm a Crowden fan. He's a worker who tackles and uses the ball well. He wouldn't have been the difference between winning and losing but Crowden should have played those 2 really wet games against the Suns and Pies mid-way through the season.

Yes and no.

Valente was on the senior list whilst Kuek isn’t.

I’m thinking we upgrade Banfield on his two year deal. We may chose to upgrade Schultz or Treacy too. All three are in their third year on the rookie list next year. For me it’s going to be hard to upgrade them all next season so we’re better off doing one or two now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The free agent s**t is a free kick for the established Melbourne clubs, and to a lesser extent Sydney.
What was Hawthorn's compensation for losing Buddy? It was a joke whatever it was, he is and was one of the best forwards the game has seen!
They won a gf the year before that’s why the pick was end of first round. If they finished 2nd last they would of got pick 2

Man Bell would be a big loss for us. Our list isn't at a premiership level yet and we need his vision and negotiation tactics to guide our club. Just pay him more than what North are offering. Would rather give him the money than our CEO.

Western, Blakely and probably Crowden gone on Monday or Tuesday

Kuek? probably gone too, hasn't signed yet

Who else? does anyone get a reprieve if we lose Tucker/Meek?

Hamling retirement? Probably not now with Logie bear going
At least Crowden and Blakely actually try - they are in the best players every week.

The main reason not to compare Jackson to Lobb is that Lobb is not the standard to measure blokes of Jackson's draft pick/talent/hype/cost should be measured against.

If Jackson only got to Lobb's current level, that would be massively underwhelming.

If he's generational, compare him to Goodes, Stynes or some other massive tall dude who was athletic.
Daniel Bandy TTHD, Keplar Bradley

Man Bell would be a big loss for us. Our list isn't at a premiership level yet and we need his vision and negotiation tactics to guide our club. Just pay him more than what North are offering. Would rather give him the money than our CEO.
Chill about losing Bell, I've scouted around and found us an adequate replacement

1663506862208.jpeg

Trade suggestion...

Package Lobb, Logue and Tucker to the Roos for Nick Larkey and some late picks...24 yo 198 cm KPF...38 goals this year from 20 games... yeah I know, unlikely to happen but that'd be a good pick up and exactly what we need

Trade suggestion...

Package Lobb, Logue and Tucker to the Roos for Nick Larkey and some late picks...24 yo 198 cm KPF...38 goals this year from 20 games... yeah I know, unlikely to happen but that'd be a good pick up and exactly what we need
he is their only decent key forward, they ditched ben brown and kept larkey as he is their future, joined the leadership group last year, loves the club, not going anywhere

Jackson just needs to fill Logue's role when he's forward. Give a contest, bring the ball to ground, and apply pressure.
If he is getting paid big money to play logues role that would be the biggest waste of cash but definitely something that could happen. If we give away 2 first rounders and pay him over say $700k a year to play logues role it just shows we don’t know how to build a team and play them to their role. Would rather see Jackson in the middle along side Darcy. Jackson is no lobb he is more of a ruckman than can rest forward

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2022 List Management: Draft, Trade and FA Pt2: Electric Boogaloo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back