List Mgmt. 2022 List Management: Draft, Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lobb to Dogs would be perfect for us in chasing Jackson. I think they just miss the 8 and would be a rare case of a team pretty happy to trade out of a top 10 pick to bring in a best 22 player.

9,45 -> Lobb,16

9, future 1st -> Jackson, future 2nd

Seems fair enough?

Am I overvaluing Lobb? I think a ready to go ruck/forward is going to be worth a lot to a team that sees itself contending
I like that except if we can get a second round pick this season we can start the draft before pick 40

I like that except if we can get a second round pick this season we can start the draft before pick 40
Haha, yeah, I try to take 10-20% off what I think is fair to keep expectations in check haha. I think that would be the ultimate aim from Bell and co. Bring in Jackson and a 2nd for Lobb and our firsts. Requires the right team getting Lobb and depends on where we finish obviously

How does the board feel about paying Angus more on the proviso that the compensation pick is what comes back with Jackson for our two firsts?

A two year deal on $800,000 a year then a four year extension end of next year bringing down the average per year.
Doubt bumping from band 2 to band 1 makes any difference to Melbourne, otherwise, yes, I'm all for the Daniher deal

Doubt bumping from band 2 to band 1 makes any difference to Melbourne, otherwise, yes, I'm all for the Daniher deal
I agree it won't make much difference but having a toe in the first round will be helpful for future trades should we need to move a first round pick again.

This is nothing new. Bulldogs, Essendon and St Kilda were three VIC clubs I plucked out in a post a couple of days ago. I reckon he is just throwing darts. He may well be right but who cares. You just watch the Stan doco and it is pretty obvious Lobb has a pressing need to relocate to over East and that is without knowing about his GF and her move to VIC.

If GWS still wanted the Lobster then they have missed that ship. It looks more likely a VIC club and the more the better for us.
Yea I watched the Stan Doco not the greatest moment for Colin Young

Where’s this stuff about Jackson to Freo coming from? Is you campaigners just spitballing?
There is a lot of chatter about Jackson possibly wanting to come back to Perth. If I can convince you I'm not full of shit it's that I have never heard anything about English or McDonald wanting to come back and that I was dropping hints about Neale last year before Daniels broke it. Is it a lock? No, but it's a decent chance of happening.

How does the board feel about paying Angus more on the proviso that the compensation pick is what comes back with Jackson for our two firsts?

A two year deal on $800,000 a year then a four year extension end of next year bringing down the average per year.
You overlook the fact that the AFL hate freo and love brisbane.
No chance in hell they are signing off on a Daniher style deal that benefits us

Where’s this stuff about Jackson to Freo coming from? Is you campaigners just spitballing?
BF-logo-60px.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You overlook the fact that the AFL hate freo and love brisbane.
No chance in hell they are signing off on a Daniher style deal that benefits us

I'm confident that $800,000 for two years is significantly more than Melbourne are offering and the risk of injury for the player could justify the shorter term. His salary would be locked in for those two years so the AFL won't care.

Wade Derksen being denied MSD eligibility is BS

Surely it means noone was interested?

Would have liked to have him in and developing for the potential Lobb loss

There is a lot of chatter about Jackson possibly wanting to come back to Perth. If I can convince you I'm not full of shit it's that I have never heard anything about English or McDonald wanting to come back and that I was dropping hints about Neale last year before Daniels broke it. Is it a lock? No, but it's a decent chance of happening.

Well that’s good enough for me. He seems to me enjoying himself over here though, so I’d be somewhat surprised.

Have you heard anything from freos end they are interested?

Wade Derksen being denied MSD eligibility is BS

Surely it means noone was interested?

Would have liked to have him in and developing for the potential Lobb loss

No matter what the reasoning it’s BS.

The reason he didn’t nominate last year should be what’s important not anything else imo.

If it was a guy that broke his contract to sit out of the league for 2022 (originally) I’d understand it. But a guy that thought he wasn’t good enough last year but has improved massively - I don’t get it.

I’m one that didn’t rate Derksen as high as others as well (thought he’d get overlooked tbh). He’s too small to play forward/ruck at AFL level and would need to play another role at AFL level imo. He’d be more a project player and they’ll be younger project players available. I always expected that to work against him.

For Melbourne if they win which at this point looks decent probability, there is no difference between Band 1 and Band 2.

Brayshaw is a restricted free agent so Melbourne has the ability to match. For this reason we will likely have to pay up. I didn’t realise until this week he was a restricted FA.

If we finish top six Jackson is worth more than our two first rounders not less imo.

It’d be a huge price to pay but if Lobb leaves we end up needing a forward/ruck desperately. Not only would Jackson replace Lobb - he’d do it for ten years or more.

Whilst there’s other areas we’d ideally improve to give ourselves a better shot of a flag but this group in the next 2-3 years with Jackson will be capable of beating anyone on their day imo. If Lobb leaves and the replacement isn’t any good I’m not sure I can say the same.

It’d be a no brainer imo.

For Melbourne if they win which at this point looks decent probability, there is no difference between Band 1 and Band 2.

Brayshaw is a restricted free agent so Melbourne has the ability to match. For this reason we will likely have to pay up. I didn’t realise until this week he was a restricted FA.
Melbourne low balling him, structure the deal right and they wouldn’t be able to match I don’t think

What do you think he’s worth in a trade if he wasn’t a free agent. 2 first rounders with a second back?
Wowee you have a lot higher rating of him than me, I'd have said a pick around 10 and I'd have thought that generous. I'd go nowhere near your trade for him. Maybe if he was 22/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back