List Mgmt. 2022 List Management: Draft, Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The way I interpreted it is that it was a very last minute decision. Probably a few weeks before trade period gf says hey, I got this job in melb, I'm gonna take it. Clubs aren't interested in Lobb because he wasn't great and probably hadn't been shopped around until very late, and GWS were the only takers. It's easier to get from melb <--> sydney than melb <--> perth so it was probably the best option for them at the time.

Now he's waited a year, clubs are interested in Vic, so he can move there instead.

Weren't GWS the only takers until they realised he wasn't a salary dump / Freo wanted actual draft capital to move him.

Pretty sure the club was blind sided by the request and never really considered trading him as it would have left a huge hole in the forward line.

I don't think the need for him has changed much, especially when you consider Taberner has never played a full season of AFL and Amiss is a few years off.

He is going to re-sign
I've heard otherwise so I'll put it out there and if my sources prove wrong I'll admit it here. I've been told that it will take Melbourne to offer more then we do to get a deal done as that's how much he wants to play with his brother. The Brayshaw parents are also keen to move west and spend time with their extended family. So if Melbourne offers more than expected (say $800-850K a year) then that would also prove my sources right if that makes sense as they would want to keep his pay to a minimum with the Petracca and Oliver pay levels for the coming seasons.

Zurhaar would be great in our side.
Acres could be involved to get the deal done with Meek too.. Goldstein is 34. Even if he plays on next year that would likely be his last year. CallumColeman-Jones is their second ruck currently and he averages only 10 hit outs a game. Meek averages double that amount and even if Goldstein did play on he would allow Goldstein to decrease his workload in games if they played together.

Acres could be involved to get the deal done with Meek too.. Goldstein is 34. Even if he plays on next year that would likely be his last year. CallumColeman-Jones is their second ruck currently and he averages only 10 hit outs a game. Meek averages double that amount and even if Goldstein did play on he would allow Goldstein to decrease his workload in games if they played together.
I like this plan and have said before that Meek is a perfect fit for NM
As much as I’d love to see Gus in our team I think we have that type of player in Aish

A mid sized forward is what we desperately need

So

Out :
Meek
Blakely
Sturt
Crowden
Tucker
Lobb

In :
Jackson
Zuurhaar

Someone else can do the points/picks numbers
I suck at that stuff 😁

Last edited:

Xerri is their man going forward. Just injured atm.
Feel like their list is pretty balanced, maybe a another’s key/mid sized defender.
Clubs just a basket-case and can’t get the best out of them

Is anyone able to please post the text of the West article about Amiss and his contract and potential earlier return from injury
I have th McArdle tweet. Guessing this a summary?

Is anyone able to please post the text of the West article about Amiss and his contract and potential earlier return from injury
"Fremantle's top draft pick from last year is closing on a new deal which will keep him at the club for until the end of 2025.

Sharpshooter Jye Amiss’ manager, Paul Peos of Inside 50 Player Management, and the Dockers are close to agreeing to terms on on a two-year deal, on top of his original draft contract which expires at the end of next season.

The West Australian understands it could be finalised as early as this month, joining fellow draftees Neil Erasmus, Matthew Johnson (both locked in until 2025) and rookie Karl Worner (2023) who re-signed earlier in the season.

The East Perth and Busselton product got his first taste of AFL footy in round eight against North Melbourne, booting two goals in the Friday night win at Optus Stadium, before a nasty internal injury in the WAFL two weeks later.

The 18-year-old, taken with pick eight in the 2021 national draft, is currently on the inactive list after serious kidney surgery but making good progress for a late-season return.

Amiss was back training with his forward-line teammates, including Matt Taberner and Rory Lobb, at Cockburn on Monday morning after being cleared to take the next step in his rehabilitation.

If all goes to plan in the next few weeks, he could be available for selection as early as Fremantle’s round-23 encounter with GWS in Canberra.

The Dockers left a spot open after the mid-season draft, meaning Amiss can easily return if declared fit."

Xerri is their man going forward. Just injured atm.
Feel like their list is pretty balanced, maybe a another’s key/mid sized defender.
Clubs just a basket-case and can’t get the best out of them

If anything North Melbourne need to let Goldstein walk so Xerri can become full time no.1 ruck and CCJ can get regular game time. People are so quick to write CCJ off - he’s a ruck/forward in the 18th best team. Did people expect miracles from a guy in his situation?

Only thing potentially wrong with the above is if Goldstein’s leadership is required for a list that is not looking great in that regard atm. Having said that I think they should be doing much better than they are.

I think you let him walk and let the new rucks develop in his spot. Leadership is required but they can add that in positions where leadership isn’t keeping out young talent that is very close to ready to taking the next step.

Weren't GWS the only takers until they realised he wasn't a salary dump / Freo wanted actual draft capital to move him.

Pretty sure the club was blind sided by the request and never really considered trading him as it would have left a huge hole in the forward line.

I don't think the need for him has changed much, especially when you consider Taberner has never played a full season of AFL and Amiss is a few years off.
We were blindsided, and then we were going to trade him. He upset a lot of people at the club with his antics. Gws couldn’t come up with the money or the picks. In the end it worked out well. I hope we hold him again if we don’t get adequate compensation. His highest value is now though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back