List Mgmt. 2022 List Management: Draft, Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
An updated rumor has it, so far.

In: Jackson
Out: Lobb, Logue, Tucker, Acres, Wilson, Mundy (retired), Sturt (delisted), Crowden (delisted), Blakely (delisted)

Something is happening behind closed doors, has to be.

The much more likely scenario is that not all of those players are leaving

If we’ve upped the offer to Logue then I think he stays. If he chases a godfather offer from North then there is nothing we can do about it, they offered massive deals before and had no luck. I don think that changes just because Clarko is there

Both Hasleby and Hagdorn (i.e., Colin Young) are saying the issues with Freo's offers to Logue and Acres are length.

I think if we offer a 3 year deal to Acres and a 4 year deal to Logue they will stay. Is Logue worth the risk of a 4 year deal?

Both Hasleby and Hagdorn (i.e., Colin Young) are saying the issues with Freo's offers to Logue and Acres are length.

I think if we offer a 3 year deal to Acres and a 4 year deal to Logue they will stay. Is Logue worth the risk of a 4 year deal?
4 years is appropriate for how important Logue is to our list and club culture IMO.

Logues going to be playing football in the AFL in 4 years. He’s too athletic not too be. Look at some of the KPDs getting games around the league…

3 years for Acres would have to be on the cheap IMO, there’s as much chance he’s still beat 22 as there is he’s Blakely of this year by then.

We don't want another Connor Blakely contract if we can avoid it. Signing a guy to $500,000 for three years to then see him out of the side isn't going to work out well for us.

We don't want another Connor Blakely contract if we can avoid it. Signing a guy to $500,000 for three years to then see him out of the side isn't going to work out well for us.
Pretty comfortable to let Acres go, should he play good footy elsewhere good on him but he plays an easily replaceable position and won't be missed imo.

Yes, Acres I would offer 2 only

Pretty comfortable to let Acres go, should he play good footy elsewhere good on him but he plays an easily replaceable position and won't be missed imo.

Blake has admitted to the penny dropping on workrate required in preseason to perform, but that happened the last preseason of his contract after two years of him in the 18th to 28th player on the list, in and out of the squad.

Blake has admitted to the penny dropping on workrate required in preseason to perform, but that happened the last preseason of his contract after two years of him in the 18th to 28th player on the list, in and out of the squad.
So you're saying he needs to be kept hungry?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So you're saying he needs to be kept hungry?

That's exactly what I'm saying. The reality is, if you're sitting down with Blake at the end of last year, you're telling him that he will be nearly 27 by the end of the year coming off potentially three years where he is in and out of the side at Fremantle where there are young players pushing for time up the field - bringing in Clark would signal that one of Wilson, Clark, Young etc will take over a wing position. If he doesn't win a contract with Freo he probably won't get one anywhere else either and his career will be over at 27.

You don't want to be over twenty five, out of contract and not getting regular games.

So he puts his head down and works and it pays off. He has been very good. Contract offers come.

If there's four years security for him, does he do those extra sessions in the off season?

Thoughts on Bruest fellas? Would be nice to add some real class to our forward line, especially with Walters getting older.
Wouldn't that mean playing Walters and Breust forward next year, at the expense of one of Frederick, Schultz, Henry or Switkowski? Possibly restricting opportunities for Johnson and Erasmus who also spend time forward.

That's exactly what I'm saying. The reality is, if you're sitting down with Blake at the end of last year, you're telling him that he will be nearly 27 by the end of the year coming off potentially three years where he is in and out of the side at Fremantle where there are young players pushing for time up the field - bringing in Clark would signal that one of Wilson, Clark, Young etc will take over a wing position. If he doesn't win a contract with Freo he probably won't get one anywhere else either and his career will be over at 27.

You don't want to be over twenty five, out of contract and not getting regular games.

So he puts his head down and works and it pays off. He has been very good. Contract offers come.

If there's four years security for him, does he do those extra sessions in the off season?
trigger clause. Done.

It does clearly say "rumor" though haha

Haha fair.
I still think they sign Logue.

But I reckon they’ll seeing Johnson Treacy Amiss Henry and Erasmus in the WAFL and expecting them to push guys out sooner than later. Especially when you see how good Odriscoll has been this year too. Played 8 less games and kicked 1 more goal than acres.

If you can get some trade value out of Acres Tucker or some of those kind of guys to help facilitate a Jackson trade, then I’m happy with that.

I reckon Bells half exploring how to keep Lobb and Logue and add Jackson too.

Haha fair.

But I reckon they’ll seeing Johnson Treacy Amiss Henry and Erasmus in the WAFL and expecting them to push guys out sooner than later. Especially when you see how good Odriscoll has been this year too. Played 8 less games and kicked 1 more goal than acres.

If you can get some trade value out of Acres Tucker or some of those kind of guys to help facilitate a Jackson trade, then I’m happy with that.

Lobb is very important to Freo. Would prefer to add another two years on his current deal and renegotiate his salary.

Blake Acres is easily replaceable. Coming into this year, he was on the Colyer/Blakely/Crowden 'handshake and wish them well' pile. He has had a good second half of the year and if we get a pick 25, we take it and run.

Improvement will come from within. We've got a few young hungry players in the 2nd's. Liam Henry is a year older, MJ & Erasmus should be on the fringes of our 22. Amiss is a top 10 KF, we've got to start getting him into the team. The King Twins, Logan McDonald, Jamarra, Tilthorpe are all playing AFL.

Unless Scomo has secretly sworn himself in as our new #29...
I think those developing players are relevant to contending in the next 2-5 years, and Acres is relevant to contending now. Keeping Acres may not be critical but it is important.

Haha fair.

O'Driscoll clearly works forward more than Acres who pretty much covers the whole ground, especially defensive side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back