Preview 2022 Rd 11 Carlton vs Collingwood Sunday May 29 3:20PM AEST @MCG - Final Team Post #1018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hearing upwards of 80k on Sunday.

The next 2 games, * & Tigers….potentially 80k.

Can’t recall any other team pulling those numbers, 3 games on the trot, ever.

How good that must be for this young list to be getting that sort of exposure.👍

All 3 away games. :thumbsdown:

My all time fav George Harris pic!

show_image.php

I've been thinking a bit lately about the old saying "progress isn't linear". I only recall hearing that phrase when progress is less than expected.

Progress is not linear for us right now. It is exponential. We have jumped a few grades suddenly. We are now truly in the hunt for 17. It is just so exciting.

Our progress will continue against the pies. I think they've performed beyond expectations this year but we will be just too good.

I've been thinking a bit lately about the old saying "progress isn't linear". I only recall hearing that phrase when progress is less than expected.

Progress is not linear for us right now. It is exponential. We have jumped a few grades suddenly. We are now truly in the hunt for 17. It is just so exciting.

Our progress will continue against the pies. I think they've performed beyond expectations this year but we will be just too good.
Our progress was massively stalled over the last 4 years.
Injuries in 18, Bolts went off the rails in 19, and then the disaster of Teague/Liddle.

Voss has done a great job of getting us back to where we should be in less than half a season.

Injuries in 18, Bolts went off the rails in 19, and then the disaster of Teague/Liddle.

Voss has done a great job of getting us back to where we should be in less than half a season.
Agree to an extent but to have the progress we've had this year is still nothing short of remarkable

No, our progress wasn't stalled over those 4 years, hence why we are where we are right now

Different players and or different levels of experience/maturity

You really need to stop looking for someone to blame

I'd also say the off field magnet shuffling (board), redefining of roles etc has helped as well. No more meddling by people in places they shouldn't be meddling in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, our progress wasn't stalled over those 4 years, hence why we are where we are right now

Of course it was stalled.
We had the talent. It's just that we performed so poorly that people (even on here) couldn't see it.

The second half of 19 when we went 6-5 with minor coaching tweaks, despite all the injuries, showed our level.
We should definitely have played finals in 20, and been top 4/challenging last year.

Of course it was stalled.
We had the talent. It's just that we performed so poorly that people (even on here) couldn't see it.

The second half of 19 when we went 6-5 with minor coaching tweaks, despite all the injuries, showed our level.
We should definitely have played finals in 20, and been top 4/challenging last year.

The second half of 2019 was the result of caretaker Teague putting Murphy and Curnow back into the midfield.

Charlie for another bag

We’re well behind where A) club would have expected since 2015 B) where player development should have been, so we have stalled no doubt with lack of required progress as football club, team & AFL/VFL standard players. We’d regressed vs progressed, especially last season.

Though this has been made up in spades, and the development appears to be off the chart, even within the season. Still more to look forward to.

Just hence. No hence why.

The second half of 2019 was the result of caretaker Teague putting Murphy and Curnow back into the midfield.
Murphy only went back in when Cripps was injured.
We also lost Charlie after 2 games (3 & 7 goals). We had the talent, and massively underperformed to go 1-10 in the first half of the season.

yep chase wins at the expense of player development. Had to do it as we needed some wins but went too far to the detriment of player development.
I strongly disagree with this view.
When Teague was appointed he brought LOB straight back in and played him on the wing. Samo went back, because we needed his disposal out of the backline. Ed Curnow (we're talking 1 senior player) into the guts, where we had been getting smashed. And then Murphy inside when Cripps got injured.

Losing over 90% of your games is not good for development. Teague made the right calls as a caretaker. The problem was when he was appointed Senior Coach, that was a disaster for development, morale, everything. He couldn't even match the results he got as caretaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back