Preview 2022 Rd 16 Carlton vs St Kilda Friday July 1 7:50PM @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless we cop some unfortunate injuries in game, very confident of a win.

We're 5-0 this year at Marvel, it has become our fortress. And when you look at our homes games like against Freo and Swans, the crowd was up, the players were up and we played with real intent and overwhelmed the opposition.
Happy to be corrected, but I think our only losses have come when we've copped injuries during the game, usually early.
Some of that can be attributed to having the wrong type of player as sub, but you can't predict who will go down.

Exhausted? Find it hard to believe, given they seem to release the tickets in blocks. Then it ends up being only 40k
Yep, I've been checking the tickets all week after initially being unable to get a ticket on Monday. They release a small batch, it sells out in a few hours, and then there are no tickets available for several hours. They have been turning people away all week. How are supporters and members supposed to make plans? Someone is asleep at the wheel.

Every seat is sold or allocated, they won't be releasing any more. There are dedicated GA bays for walk-up members and they'll all be taken. The ~10k that won't show up will be reserved seat holders not turning up, both club and Medallion.
There are standing room tickets available right now actually. These standing room tickets have been available then exhausted, on again off again all day. I'm a bit miffed with the ticketing for this game and having a slow day, so I have been checking every hour or so.

I especially like the 360 degree 'Your View' with the standing room tickets. It's a black screen, so I'm guessing you get to stand in a closet!

There are standing room tickets available right now actually. These standing room tickets have been available then exhausted, on again off again all day. I'm a bit miffed with the ticketing for this game and having a slow day, so I have been checking every hour or so.

I especially like the 360 degree 'Your View' with the standing room tickets. It's a black screen, so I'm guessing you get to stand in a closet!
Yeah standing room is still available, it was every seat allocated I said. It's true they keep releasing new seating blocks during the week until they put out a 'allocation is exhausted' tweet, which they have now.

my reserve seat is always surrounded by empty spots - and I don't think it's my deodorant that's the issue..............
Lucky you. We've got a bunch of blokes who drink 3 beers a quarter but only buy one at a time in the middle of our row...all three of em do the same.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Lucky you. We've got a bunch of blokes who drink 3 beers a quarter but only buy one at a time in the middle of our row...all three of em do the same.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app
that's completely ****** I'd be changing big time...........

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They remind me of us on their board over the last 10/15 years.
We bring last weeks pressure, we win, this is the Voss revolution, or evolution, we have deserted the trees and shit flinging, forgotten our recent past and moved on to the wide open spaces of the Savannah’s in search of food and greater conditions to grow as an organisation.
We hunt as a unit, leaving no man on their own, our plan is solid, our coaching superior and our tools are razor, whilst theirs are still banana skins .
Us by 8/9 goals, depending upon how many our mids and smalls want to get involved in scoring.

If Weitering plays does anyone else reckon Young would still be the best match up for King?

Would allow Weitering to play on a lesser opponent and drift off plus ease him back in. The taller athletic forwards have always been his achilles heal anyway.
100%
Weitering is better on the Wrestlers, Young's better on the pure talls
Young also has the height advantage, and a very high spoling fist
Young starting on King is logical

100%
Weitering is better on the Wrestlers, Young's better on the pure talls
Young also has the height advantage, and a very high spoling fist
Young starting on King is logical
I like it because King would be totally insulted...

If Weitering plays does anyone else reckon Young would still be the best match up for King?

Would allow Weitering to play on a lesser opponent and drift off plus ease him back in. The taller athletic forwards have always been his achilles heal anyway.

Think it will depend on how deep Saints forwards play

Young/Weits - King - Marshall/Ryder (Young/Weits to peel off to help with King wherever possible)
Plow/Kemp - Membrey/Sharman (Think Sharman gets dropped, so 1 of Kemp/Plow possibly will too)

yep, Lewis has to be the guy to go with him.

Weiters has struggled with King in the past. We also used Jones to jump all over him but we dont have that luxury any more

Obviously, its up to our midfield to stop the ball from getting to King.

If our midfield does its job, St Kilda will score precisely 0 goals for the game!

Hasn't been over 44k at Marvel (even for sold out matches) for a couple of years. Problem is Medallion Club and others not turning up. Would be a great effort to be high 40s but I worry a few St Kilda supporters who bought tickets a couple of weeks back may not show up as their bandwagon has fallen apart.

Just under 45K in Rnd 10 v Swans.

Just under 45K in Rnd 10 v Swans.
Yes that's the 44k crowd I'm talking about. Before that (though noting restrictions) there were a handful of 40k+ crowds in 2019. It's a long way from the regular high 40s/early 50s crowds the ground used to get. Makes me wonder if there's an issue with the way they ticket the ground nowadays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back