Preview 2022 Rd 16 Carlton vs St Kilda Friday July 1 7:50PM @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the club email I got earlier in the week: General admission seating is on a first come, first served basis so please disregard the seat number on your digital ticket.

Looking to upgrade to a reserved seat? For an additional cost
Thanks TD2010. Not looking to upgrade. Happy just to get 4 GEN ADMIN seats (if we get there early enough).
Am assuming if you're not in ground by approx. 7pm, you'll have no choice but Standing Room Area.

We also beat them by 60 odd points in 1981. I wouldn't be getting to bogged down by one word.

And what relevance does 1981 have here? Or are you telling me last year's game has just as much relevance as a game 40 years ago?

I'm not bogged down either... just pointing out a relevant game rather than your totally irrelevant ones which you used as some sort of proof that we should be worried this week...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was super confident going into last week's game. Not so much this week.

This is a game we should win but St Kilda always worry us. Mature team who have topped up for a flag - and they'll be looking to get out of the rut they're in. They will hit us hard from the opening bounce...the question is how long they can maintain it for.

King looms large especially without Weitering, but Membrey also worries us and Higgins is a pest. At the other end, Battle and Wilkie have strong intercept games. Freo's defense stood up well early last week before we overwhelmed them, St Kilda may do similarly so we'll need to work through that.

Ryder and Marshall in the middle worry me because both are mature bodies and they'll have no hesitation jumping into TDK. Tom was outstanding in nullifying Darcy last week, let's see if he can do the same again.

So often these days the game is won and lost in the midfield. If we bring our contested game we'll win, this is an area we can really overwhelm them. Expecting Steele to go H2H with Cripps so the inclusion of Cerra is very timely.

Happy with the one change. Thought Honey may have made way given he was quiet last week, but glad he gets to go around again.

Tipping us with not much confidence. Expecting this to be closer than most are thinking.
Funnily enough when we beat the last year Silvagni rucked most of the game due to injury. Marshall got a lot of hits outs but Silvagni got a lot of clearances. We'll be O.K.

Reckon this game could become a shootout.
Who do we reckon wins, Charlie or H?
Charlie, we are very lucky to have two such talented forwards but for mine, Charlie is at a level above. Harry is reliable, and Charlie is mercurial. It's the stuff of nightmares for opposition clubs with these two patrolling forward 50.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back