Preview 2022 Rd 20 Carlton vs Adelaide Saturday July 30 7:30PM @ Adelaide Oval - Team Post #586

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jack is in our best 22 without doubt, overall had a good season and gives his best effort.
Settlefield has been patchy for two years, don't believe one game defines a change in his overall performance over a fair period of time.
Yes but form changes, hence the “ongoing” clause.

The local Crows fans are panicking at the prospect of TDK, Charlie and McKay; their backline is pretty shaky.

Also getting the vibe that O’Brien (theirs) is in a bit of a slump and the duo of TDK and Pittonet will give them plenty of grief.

Their midfield works hard but lack polish; Laird is probably the most damaging but is arguably a better HBF than midfielder.

Their forward line can be dangerous with their 3 talls, but it’s almost the wish.com version of our setup.

Mostly interested in how our new tall setup works (first time in a while we’ve had 3 genuine KP players in both defence and attack).

Will be in the Crows members tonight; Blues by 37. Curnow to kick 4. Durdin 3. Walsh BOG.

The local Crows fans are panicking at the prospect of TDK, Charlie and McKay; their backline is pretty shaky.

Also getting the vibe that O’Brien (theirs) is in a bit of a slump and the duo of TDK and Pittonet will give them plenty of grief.

Their midfield works hard but lack polish; Laird is probably the most damaging but is arguably a better HBF than midfielder.

Their forward line can be dangerous with their 3 talls, but it’s almost the wish.com version of our setup.

Mostly interested in how our new tall setup works (first time in a while we’ve had 3 genuine KP players in both defence and attack).

Will be in the Crows members tonight; Blues by 37. Curnow to kick 4. Durdin 3. Walsh BOG.
if you see someone in sandals getting booted out of the saca committee rooms, say g'day to numbers for me.........

Asking a player to sacrifice his own game to play in another role (Jack in ruck) and then to tip him out when he’s not had a fair crack in his own role seems unfair to me.

Jack helps the connection between midfield & forward. One of the footy shows rated him top 3 across league behind Hawkins & Cameron for this. I think him being out will hurt our scoring. His not being in the forward line will lead to less defensive pressure in the F50.

Finally he is one of only two players IMO (the other being Walsh) who gives 100% every game.

That being said Pittonet had to come back in and I’m stumped if there is another role for Jack in the team with TDK staying in. Others he can perform but he hasn’t been in those roles so no opportunity to push out those in them.

Understandable move but leaves me feeling very flat. Especially after his On the Couch appearance.

Okay, Silvagnigate is bigger than what I thought, my 88 year old mother who doesn't even follow the football just asked me why Silvagni had been dropped by the Blues, smh.
You reckon that's bad, my relos in Italy rang me asking why Silvagni got dropped and they dont follow Aussie rules :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think what they’re saying is that Setterfields role should then be being played by Silvagni.
Which…I tend to agree with. The track records of each player speak for themselves. Setters has had chances and has squandered them.
Jack had chances and grabbed them with both hands.
Having said that, Jack has done a couple of things in the last two weeks that have looked a little rockstar like and this may be a message to him to not get ahead of himself. If so, he does his time, reflects and comes back better. We know he will.
But setterfield plays on a wing and Silvagni doesn't and never has. Hopefully never will. I shudder to imagine Silvagni chasing Langdon up and found a wing all day.

Setterfield is probably an inside mid who we have re-purposed as a winger. He either makes it there or he probably comes off our list. He's had a few goes but struggled, last week was the first time that he showed all of the things that we need him to show. Hoping that he can do it for a few weeks in a row and against good opposition. We desperately need him to.

Might be best to see what they bring and what we need from them in isolation.

Jack will be back no worries. If setterfield can really click we'll be a much better team.

You reckon that's bad, my relos in Italy rang me asking why Silvagni got dropped and they dont follow Aussie rules :D
my favourite cafe is shut today, staff took leave to support each other with regard to the silvagni omission........

TDK is not a genuine key position. He is a ruckman now playing mostly forward. It’s worth a look but I believe our best combo will end up being tdk/silvagni

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back