Autopsy 2022 Rd 21 Last quarter surge masks woeful performance

Who wishes I'd stop stuffing around with this poll after a loss?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Collingwood: take the dangerous kick into the corridor and then attack at every opportunity

Carlton: can’t chase, close up space or keep up with their man

This has bloodbath written all over it, especially if it means they knock us out of the 8.
I was going to get a reserved seat for the pies game, I think I'll pass

On CPH2005 using BigFooty.com mobile app

We can bleat on about the coach, was our third selection behind clarkson and Lyon, but the talent pool at the club has been developed over 4 to 5 years and aren't up to it. Time to cut and run, Newnes, plwman, honey, Dow, Martin got to go, throw a few more names in and get some currency on some guys now

But it was a defacto marking situation (I.e. Ball was in the air from a spoil) Cockatoo didn't have the ball when cripps jumped so he couldn't tackle him. Although a mark wouldn't have been paid it was exactly the same as a marking situation. So far Leigh matthews, Jonno Brown, Luke hodge and Michael voss have all said it was in game incident. I'm happy to respect their view.
I hope you’re right.
But Voss, Hodge, Mathews and Brown…
Not sure their opinions are inline with the MRO 😅

Not found
ed730049-2516-410b-b622-d0b751ff4039_text.gif

That game pretty much sums up our 21st century as a whole.
Long shot to play finals from here.

Really frustrated .

I still believe

Attachments

• 93F75732-83D0-4FAA-8F1A-A5C4B6296DFE.jpeg
    93F75732-83D0-4FAA-8F1A-A5C4B6296DFE.jpeg
    180.8 KB · Views: 83
Tackling was pathetic again, letting the arms get free, tackling high, being shrugged off, a few fend offs again, jumper pulls rather than grabbing the player.

This. Where's our tackling intent and ferocity? Amateur hr stuff.
Who's Pies tackling coach? Compare their tackling style, commitment and effectiveness to ours. Night and day.
And Pies tackle in #'s and waves. Swarming and pressuring their opponent/s.

We can bleat on about the coach, was our third selection behind clarkson and Lyon, but the talent pool at the club has been developed over 4 to 5 years and aren't up to it. Time to cut and run, Newnes, plwman, honey, Dow, Martin got to go, throw a few more names in and get some currency on some guys now
Who out of those has currency?

We would need to trade a TDK or McKay to get anything good and I wouldn't be trading McKay (TDK maybe if we got a decent offer)

This. Where's our tackling intent and ferocity? Amateur hr stuff.
Who's Pies tackling coach? Compare their tackling style, commitment and effectiveness to ours. Night and day.
And Pies tackle in #'s and waves. Swarming and pressuring their opponent/s.
Yeah we have too many nice footballers, don't want to get there hands dirty

Who out of those has currency?

We would need to trade a TDK or McKay to get anything good and I wouldn't be trading McKay (TDK maybe if we got a decent offer)

Worst side in the eight....the have won 11 GAMES IN A ROW. Eleven. Not 4, not 5, not 8 but 11. You do not fluke your way to 11 wins on a row.

Against Melbourne although they were only 5 points up with 5 minutes to go, Melbourne did not look like scoring at all. Not once, didn't even get close. Collingwood absolutely strangled the living daylights out of Melbourne for a full 5 minutes to end the game.

Let's stop kidding ourselves. If we be Collingwood it would be purely a remarkable form reversal and we have found our form from the first ten rounds, nothing less.
We are the worse side in the 8 Carlton that is

Currency on players who have got currency l mean maybe TDK, McKay, etc let's give to get alot

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can already see the photos from next year's pre-season training. Never looked so fit, injuries finally behind him, first injury free pre-season in several years, looking forward to repaying the club's faith.......kill me.

Currency on players who have got currency l mean maybe TDK, McKay, etc let's give to get alot
YES that is a brilliant idea!!! - get rid of some players that other teams want- so Carlton can keep players that no one wants...so that the Club can spend picks and money on new players that may or may not be as good as the players the Club let go to get some picks to get some new players to be supported by players that no one wants ...

Season 6 Nbc GIF by The Office

I don't blame our bottom 6, I blame our bottom 10 and most of the rest.

Blame the top 6 first and foremost.

Cripps, Walsh, Doc - poor.

Weiters - ordinary.

Charlie and Harry - invisible for 90% of the game.

Cerra - no influence again.

This time last year?

AC averqages late 21.JPG

Where the f... has that evaporated to?

Saad overwhelmed.... sad day for his 150th.

We rarely if ever see a kick to Harry or Charlie leading up on the wings. And I mean proper leads where they get seperation. McKay always has his man right on his hammer

But too often both of them are in the F50 when we are coming out of the back 50 and we kick it on top of Cripps head or a small who is outnumbered.

that’s JSOS role and i think he was leading the comp in lead up marks a few weeks ago. I honestly think we have just been worked out and well….

That was ******* woeful, Voss has absolutely no idea what our strengths & weakness are.

Voss isn’t the issue here. We had a lot of mentally weak players that went into their shells when the heat was brought. Then when we started playing with confidence, we put it on the scoreboard. Don’t know how you can blame the coaches for this one

Picking TDK as #1 ruck cost us the game before we even started.... the kid is dead on his feet.

Stick a ****ing fork in us.

Third year in a row where we haven't been worth shit in the pointy end of the season.

You can blame injuries all you like - and it's a valid point - but we have the mental and physical fortitude of a wet paper towel.

It's going to take a long time for this to settle.

Frankly, I really believe we need some veterans who have been there and have done that and to date we haven't gotten them in because we've believed we had enough of that when we had the likes of Murphy and Simmo running around. Though I love them like the rest of you, we need former winners on board.

Give me a McEvoy or a Jack Gunston who will alleviate pressure on our key forwards and in McEvoy's case as a secondary or tertiary ruck.

I'm glad I got to stick it out until the end. Proud of my partner who has endured two woeful Carlton performances and still wants to attend with me next year.

received_1436154480221139.jpeg
Somebody please enlighten me what this guy has done for us in four years?

We can't run, can't chase, we clearly aren't fit enough. Injuries galore, and botched rehabs. Players all seem to have mental fragility written on their foreheads.

Most expensive high performance manager in the league. What return on investment are we getting here?

I'll counter this with: our best 7 players (Cripps, Walsh, Curnow, McKay, Docherty, Saad, Weitering) have missed a total of 5 games between them with injury.

The injuries we have suffered are either predictable (McGovern/Marchbank/Martin etc) or guys who really don't add much (Philp?). There's been a few injuries to Pittonet (who was in good form, but prior hadn't cemented his spot as a best 22 player), Williams (semi-predictble) and at the end of the year Hewitt, but really, if you take out the guys who were already massive injury concerns we've probably broken even in terms of injury luck (did you seriously think we were getting a Coleman medal from Curnow and a full season from Docherty? That's probably worth the Pitto/Weitering/Hewitt injuries 10x over).

And if you take out our first 2.5 weeks (excitement under a new coach, plus Bulldogs/Richmond not quite being ready) we're likely to end up going 9-10.

Add Docherty, Curnow, Hewitt and Cerra and that makes us 1 win better than last year's season, which was apparently SO terrible we sacked the coach and implemented a club-wide review?

That's why it is disappointing. This is a list and team built to compete now, and they've screwed it up massively... and who knows what next... players don't stick around to lose forever
Yep our core is there. We just aren’t up to it just yet

Completely expected.

Just a mentally weak club. Last quarter players who were terrible under real pressure got better when the lions pressure disappeared. Notably Fisher and Cottrell who were terrible lifted but only when pressure totally dropped.

Lions got themselves in trouble, lifted and we wiltered away within 3 mins.

Just a basket case the last 6-8 weeks and it's not gonna change the next two weeks

Voss lounging in the box in Q3.

Got up off his arse, and came down from the proverbial ivory tower in Q4.

The guy was known as a fearsome leader.
Been really disappointing to see his lack action.

Too little, too late.

No. I am not saying sack Voss.
I am saying, if we dont have the players who can do it, on the field, we have a coach who can eyeball some of these mentally weak highly paid, highly talented high ex first rounders.

Voss should make statements and examples of the senior group. Season whilst not over on the ladder, is in spirit.

If he is smart, he sets examples, a standard and a tone for the remainder of his tenure. Risk the next 2 weeks.

Drop Harry and Fisher. Shake this list up.

They are not sacrosanct

Sent from my SM-N981B using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2022 Rd 21 Last quarter surge masks woeful performance

Back