Autopsy 2022 Rd 23 Choked again. Season Done.

Remove this Banner Ad

You could argue the status of some of these players (some best 22 should be fringe - some fringe should be best 22), but I've tried to base it off this year as much as possible. The intricacies aren't as important as the whole picture.
Our list profile is probably at an almost perfect balance. The age colour coding is based on how many years they may have left.
Only 3 players who will start next year as 30 year olds and are best 22 or fringe and may need to be replaced in the next year or two. One of those didn't play a single game in the seniors this year.

It's far from doom and gloom.

View attachment 1490394

That 22-27 age bracket is extremely exciting - pending injury the core group has at least 5 years together and if we are smart with trades we should be able to push that to close to 10 years by putting some more support around Walsh and Cerra at around the 5-6 year mark.

The key will be hitting the draft at the right time to bring in long term replacements for Harry, Charlie and Weiters and nailing these KPP picks.

Strong foundations are definitely there and I think Cerra showed on Sunday that he can be a serious 1-2 punch combination with Walsh for a very long period of time. Both he and Walsh are shaping as serious big game players.

Just watched the 3rd Quarter again and I am gobsmacked like all of us how we can score 51 points, look like world beaters, and then only score 6 points for the next quarter. Just beggars belief.

Bad kicking is bad footy.

Just watched the 3rd Quarter again and I am gobsmacked like all of us how we can score 51 points, look like world beaters, and then only score 6 points for the next quarter. Just beggars belief.
**** me im looking forward to next year when we actual pummel sides because we have learnt to control their scoring, while also kicking straight(er) ourselves

It’s like we’ve got most of the puzzle pieces and at stages we’ve put most pieces together in the right places but those pieces got a bit jumbled up at times.

So I guess we are now in the consolidation phase....need to be able to put the pieces in the correct positions more often...that’s how I view where we are atm.

It’s like we’ve got most of the puzzle pieces and at stages we’ve put most pieces together in the right places but those pieces got a bit jumbled up at times.

So I guess we are now in the consolidation phase....need to be able to put the pieces in the correct positions more often...that’s how I view where we are atm.
That’s what it feels like to me. Hope we are right!

images.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

annoys the s**t out of me seeing a teammate running next to the guy with the ball demanding the footy when he should be laying a block - but it appears im a bit old school. Alternatievly, give the handball and block, but that doesnt happen either.
100% agree. It seems common place that a player will handball then let an opposition player waltz past them and then the player who handballed will then call for the ball back, rather than shepherd. I haven't seen a proper shepherd allowing a player to run to open territory in many moons.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2022 Rd 23 Choked again. Season Done.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back