Autopsy 2022 Rd 23 Choked again. Season Done.

Remove this Banner Ad

Cerra was awesome, loved his hard tackling, plays his best footy by far in the guts.
The gulf between Cerra's best and worst is staggering. It is a microcosm of what is wrong with the the playing group-is it leadership, injuries, covid, or do we have a group with "A" grade attributes who are conditional and complacent

The gulf between Cerra's best and worst is staggering. It is a microcosm of what is wrong with the the playing group-is it leadership, injuries, covid, or do we have a group with "A" grade attributes who are conditional and complacent
Cerra's best games have come in the absence of Walsh.

How much does of a role does the role he's asked to play have? If he's been asked to play very defensively then it follows that his number would suffer.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Let's be honest, this year was a learning year for Voss, the problem areas will be addressed, the game style will be tweaked, the preseason will be harder again and we will be better in 2023.
That's correct. I just wanted the learning to include a few more weeks in it. I'll be super pissed about how our players did not turn up for Crows match for rest of off season as it cost it lasting that long.
Voss got a good look at the list apart from not seeing Cuningham at all which a real shame as think he adds x-factor to our front half that not many players have. Midfield, backline, wings, forward smalls and key forwards he would be fully aware now what we have to work with.
Think he will have a close look at one or two in reserves match in next few hours and see if a couple on fringe worth persisting with in development or to trade or cut.

It's not as bad as it looks seeing he doesn't play the same role every week. Sometimes he is tagging and sometimes, like this game with Walsh out, he is playing a more offensive role. I think we have used him poorly at times, he's not a tagger and he's not a winger IMO.

It's not as bad as it looks seeing he doesn't play the same role every week. Sometimes he is tagging and sometimes, like this game with Walsh out, he is playing a more offensive role. I think we have used him poorly at times, he's not a tagger and he's not a winger IMO.
Cerra played average football in 80% of his games. Please watch them. He did not put together a season worthy of 650k salary and a first and 3rd round pick. Seriously we need to not base judgement on a players last outing but rather the body of work.

Cerra's best games have come in the absence of Walsh.

How much does of a role does the role he's asked to play have? If he's been asked to play very defensively then it follows that his number would suffer.

There is always an excuse at carlton. I have read he can not play with walsh, kennedy. Whatever-we gave up a first round draft pick and 650k per year. Cerra has it in him to justify the investment but did not over season 2022. I want ruthless. I want more

Cerra played average football in 80% of his games. Please watch them. He did not put together a season worthy of 650k salary and a first and 3rd round pick. Seriously we need to not base judgement on a players last outing but rather the body of work.

Jezz I think the answer has been given to you three times already by three different posters. He is a mid in the true sense of the word, his best games have been in front of big crowds when we are missing Kennedy and he's been given the role of prime midfielder. If there's any flaw to his game it's probably his lack of flexibility but we forget he's only what 22? The kid will be a superstar. Has got it all.

Firstly how do you know what his salary is, secondly he is only 22 years old and no where near his prime

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was asked to run with players a lot. Not his go at all. He was still good.

I think he’s a star. Great pickup. Next year setters can play the role they asked him to play.
You think we can fit Setters in with Cripps, Walsh, Hewett, Cerra + Kennedy?

He was asked to run with players a lot. Not his go at all. He was still good.

I think he’s a star. Great pickup. Next year setters can play the role they asked him to play.

Setters has me salivating. I always knew he had it, but even I, didn’t realise how good he can be.
Bossy needs to start rotating our midfielders. Fremantle have shown the way this year with Brodie as an example. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a guy get so much ball with so many rotations.
We really do have many decent big bodied mids. Let’s manage them.

Becomes a bit tricky if we want to avoid Setters on a wing. Cripps, Hewett, Kennedy + Setters makes us a bit slow in that midfield.

Hewett has shown he can play as a defender or a forward.

Kennedy as a resting forward more damaging than JSos

Walsh and or Cerra on a wing

Cripps, Setters, Doc in the guts

All will spend a qtr or so on the pine

Hewett has shown he can play as a defender or a forward.

Kennedy as a resting forward more damaging than JSos

Walsh and or Cerra on a wing

Cripps, Setters, Doc in the guts

All will spend a qtr or so on the pine
Agree with most of this but would probably prefer Hewett stay as solely a midfielder.

Firstly how do you know what his salary is, secondly he is only 22 years old and no where near his prime
Another supporter giving another excuse for a player not performing. That is our culture. The 3 pillars of the club onfield, off field and supporters excusing average performance. Cerra did not have a good year. Period. He played a hanful of good games

Another supporter giving another excuse for a player not performing. That is our culture. The 3 pillars of the club onfield, off field and supporters excusing average performance. Cerra did not have a good year. Period. He played a hanful of good games
I can't believe we gave Charlie such a huge contract when he hasn't had one 30 possession game this year. Such a perrenial underperformer. And how many tackles and clearances is he averaging?

Another supporter showing their culture is impatience.

You think we can fit Setters in with Cripps, Walsh, Hewett, Cerra + Kennedy?
Yep. Add Doc to that. There are 7 midfield spots. If we want to win a flag we may need Walsh to become the best wingman since Robbie Flower. Kennedy could become the dynamic half forward Arrow speaks of. He’s a brilliant mark and very reliable kick.

Still didn't answer my question

And then you go back to your one trick pony, thinking you know what the culture is within the club

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2022 Rd 23 Choked again. Season Done.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back