Autopsy 2022 Round 19 Blues shaken but not stirred

Who played well for the Blues in Round 19 vs the Giants?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The people critical of the small forwards...

Motlop is 18. Durdin is 20. Honey is 20. Of the three, Durdin has played the most games with 19. You're not going to get consistent performances from the most inconsistent positon/role on the ground inside their first 50 games.

We do need Owies back, but let's not kid ourselves. We're still developing, still working out each part of our game and how it all works together.
Durdin's goal was prime Marcou.

Played really badly most of the game. Lots of turnovers, overpossessed the ball, system broke down fairly often.

I’m grateful for the season we’ve had, but I think that’s just about it for us. We will scrape into finals, lose in week 1, but ultimately we’ve had a good year.

List looks in good shape, match winners all over the field, decent coaching group - the club just needs time to transition from glimpses of elite performance to start realising that potential.

His defensive coverage is elite - I would think almost the best in the comp. Not sure that was the case last year though.

Took him a year and a massively upgraded coaching team for him to be unleashed.

Not a surprise he and Doc are killing it together.

Lob and Setterfield got better as game went on
we need Pitto back to lift the midfield opportunities - TDK CHF
Doch out of form
Newman back to good
Young should start taking some marks instead of double fisting everything
Would be good to see Harry kick some goals instead of behinds

4 points is good one more to go..

Great to be back on the winners list. I have no words for Saad and Walsh. Jesus...

Can anyone with a trained eye give me their thoughts on our forward structure, including our entries? My worry is it often only looks ok because we have such star pillars, and as we look to finals it concerns me a little.

Up the baggers 💙💙💙

Honestly, the number of times we bombed it onto Motlop's head reminded me of Eddie in his prime.

We need to do a better job in enabling our smalls to crumb.

Work in progress but it's early days. Think we'll be much better next year and continuing on with that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lob and Setterfield got better as game went on
we need Pitto back to lift the midfield opportunities - TDK CHF
Doch out of form
Newman back to good
Young should start taking some marks instead of double fisting everything
Would be good to see Harry kick some goals instead of behinds

4 points is good one more to go..
Young double fisting because of his poor mark attempts

Not much confidence in himself at the moment I reckon - marking wise

Sent from my CPH2005 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Played really badly most of the game. Lots of turnovers, overpossessed the ball, system broke down fairly often.

I’m grateful for the season we’ve had, but I think that’s just about it for us. We will scrape into finals, lose in week 1, but ultimately we’ve had a good year.

List looks in good shape, match winners all over the field, decent coaching group - the club just needs time to transition from glimpses of elite performance to start realising that potential.
Gee it would be fun to be you. Just putting Pittonet back into the team will change the complexion considerably..

Weitering and McGovern will get better, Martin, marchbank, Hewitt, Owies would all make us better.

Plenty to look forward to in the remainder of the season.

Take the win and move on to next week.
12 wins now and one away from sealing a finals appearance.
First three quarters were a bit sloppy but we turned it on late.
Saad was excellent. Charlie very good. Same with Walshy.
Setters and Honey both made the most of their opportunity today.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2022 Round 19 Blues shaken but not stirred

Back