Autopsy 2022 Round 2 Blues hold on to beat Dogs. Charlie kicks 5

Who played well for the Blues in Round 2 vs the Dogs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

‘Matthew Kennedy had 15 disposals in the final quarter, the most in a quarter by any Carlton player since Ed Curnow had 15 in the first quarter in Round 19, 2019 against the Crows.’

AFL website
Not enough love for Kennedy.

Kennedy dug real deep when all the chips were in, fantastic effort to transform his career.
The forward line is going to be very very hard for opposition defences to hold.
Learning to win … crucial in the journey …
This... so much this. They lock down our tall forwards, our mids and small forwards run amok. The tall forwards get off the leash and they destroy teams. Eleven goals of 16 go to our tall forwards. the rest are kicked by small forwards and mids.

It doesn't get much better than that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So proud of the boys, wow what a win, got very nervous in the last when they got within 2 goals the Carlton of old would have wilted, but seriously shows how much we have grown as a team, the coaching staff have done a wonderful job, seeing Charlie kick 5 seriously bought a tear too my eye so happy for him, so proud of the team as a whole, love seeing crippa back to his best his a competitive beast, and absolutely love Walshy, the kid is a freak, Love the game style right now is very watchable. Well done tonight Ash done a great job! Can’t wait for next week hope we can carry on and smash the Hawks, onwards and upwards go Baggers

This means so much seriously. After all these years to get to monkey off the back and then to have a real test against the 2nd best team in the comp and win! I am ecstatic and we all need to take a moment, lap it up and enjoy this because I’ve never seen a professional blues outfit like this for a long time.

One other thing I need to give Will Setterfield an apology tonight. I got alot of shit from other supporters here for giving him a spray after his practice game against the demons and I am so happy to wear that egg on my face. He was brilliant! Backed up his performance last weekend with 23 disposals tonight. Well done Will and well done Blues!

Cripps surely starting the season with 6 votes in 2 games.

Curnow is back, looked unreal. He is such an X-Factor it isn’t even funny. Gives me goosebumps when he plays like this.

Walsh huge, Hewett great and Kennedy stood up like crazy in the last.

Everyone stuck in and we got the win, good sides just find a way to hold on and win. Great signs. Lovely Baggers, lovely!

Great win guys. A couple of big hurdles overcome losing a couple big quality players and the coach. Well done Ash Hansen. Great to see Charlie bag 5. We desperately need another key position back , but wowee , we are going places and my man crush for George Hewett grows by the minute.

On Pixel 5 using BigFooty.com mobile app

How is the bonhomie on here? So ******* bonhonomous...
You will get bonhomified and you will darn well like it!
Happy Seattle Sounders GIF by Major League Soccer

Awesome to go 2-0 for the first time in what feels like a lifetime.

Very happy to get the 4 points but there was a lot I didn’t like tonight, mainly in H2. Can’t concede 50 I50s every week and get away with it. Still, sometimes you have to win ugly and very happy to see us hold a lead - we’d have coughed it up last year.

Hope O’Mac is ok, Plow had my heart in my mouth every time he went near it.

Not enough love for Pittonet… the guys has been immense the last two weeks. We Smashed them in hit outs and I think it was 20-3 hitouts to advantage. Huge.

Let’s go 3-0 now!!!!

Back