Preview 2022 Round 8 vs Collingwood, MCG, May 7th, 1.45 - THE GOAT RETURNS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rioli on Ginnivan. Broad on De Goey. Balta to give Cameron a bath. Grimes and Vlaustin to make life hell for Mihocek. Gibcus to float and take intercept marks. We've got them covered in the D50, no need for Tarrant.

Game will be won in the midfield and our forward efficiency. Can't kick it to Howe and Moore all day. We're asking a lot of our small forwards. It would look a lot better with Dusty in the mix to take up a good defender (probably Maynard). Let Noble and Castagna spud it up and cancel each other out. Can Stack and MRJ get enough possessions to be damaging?

Surely M. Rioli would be a little stiff to kick three on debut and not get a recall? Give him a few seasons under his belt and he could be a nice little X factor on your team. He wasn't perefect last week but managed to put himself into the right positions several times.

Is there someone coming back from injury that may threaten his spot? Would love to see more of him in the coming weeks

p.s apolagies for invading your thread, I was here for an update on Dusty
We have Dusty, Cotchin and Pickett all pretty much locks to be coming into the side this week and Tarrant available as well.
First time in a long time we have had a reasonably healthy list.

Rioli on Ginnivan. Broad on De Goey. Balta to give Cameron a bath. Grimes and Vlaustin to make life hell for Mihocek. Gibcus to float and take intercept marks. We've got them covered in the D50, no need for Tarrant.

Game will be won in the midfield and our forward efficiency. Can't kick it to Howe and Moore all day. We're asking a lot of our small forwards. It would look a lot better with Dusty in the mix to take up a good defender (probably Maynard). Let Noble and Castagna spud it up and cancel each other out. Can Stack and MRJ get enough possessions to be damaging?
I don’t think Gibcus will be the floater just yet although wouldn’t surprise me if he’s already at that level

But I think Grimes, broad or Vlaustin will be the floater and Gibcus continues his current role and learns from watching them go about it

Huge challenge for MJR to back up last weeks great game
Stack should improve again

If we can’t beat a Pies team missing Grundy and Elliott when we are close to full strength I’d be pretty shattered.

If it’s not raining, and assuming Prestia is not risked and Pickett is fit I’d make these changes to the 23:

Ins: Dusty. Cotch. Pickett

Outs: Prestia. Ross. RCD

Sub: Stack, Edwards or MRJ

Play 2 x rucks so Balta can remain in defence and is not needed to pinch hit in the ruck. With Balta playing back Tarrant is not needed this week as Pies are missing Grundy and Kreuger. Jack and Lynch worked better in tandem than trying to share room with Balta as well.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

……….Can't kick it to Howe and Moore all day. We're asking a lot of our small forwards. It would look a lot better with Dusty in the mix to take up a good defender (probably Maynard). Let Noble and Castagna spud it up and cancel each other out. Can Stack and MRJ get enough possessions to be damaging?
This was the great value of Short. The delivery was so much better. Could have bombed away plenty of times but ‘lowered the eyes’ as they say, and found targets.

We look so much better doing that. Hoping for more of it.

That game we drew with Collingwood was shocking. Howe was taking marks for fun. Some of the most stone age footy I’ve seen us play.

It does look like there’s a bit of wet weather coming. Tarrant isn’t in our best 22 and should stay out even more so with the wet. Soldo as well might have to make way if it’s pouring but I’d back him in if it’s just a wet deck. The slippery conditions set up Cotch and Dusty for two huge games from our old champions. Trent’s toughness and the GOAT’s class will shine through. I’d love MRJ to stay in his pressure was top notch. Hopefully Dion pulls up well after Thursday. Stack deserves another chance and would play the conditions well. Pies don’t have much in regards of key positions so might be best to play small irrespective of conditions. Titch is would be a great sub and needs a rest.

Out: RCD, Ross, Soldo
In: Dust, Cotch, Marlion

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Prestia just being monitored but he's sick today and they thus couldn't get a look at him. Had cited some ankle/calf/achilles issue hence being subbed out as a precaution, so I reckon he's gonna be 50-50 but probably fine if he pulls up OK and trains Thurs.

EDIT: This was based on Burge's report on the RFC website. It says nothing about scans/results so perhaps there were indeed some shenanigans by us. Who cares either way, all teams are doing it and worse than that. Essendon subbed out an "injured" Laverde for Hind, I think it was Anzac day, clearly looking for some run to win the game. Laverde played the following week no issues.

Last edited:
Prestia just being monitored but he's sick today and they thus couldn't get a look at him. Had cited some ankle/calf/achilles issue hence being subbed out as a precaution, so I reckon he's gonna be 50-50 but probably fine if he pulls up OK and trains Thurs.

EDIT: This was based on Burge's report on the RFC website. It says nothing about scans/results so perhaps there were indeed some shenanigans by us. Who cares either way, all teams are doing it and worse than that. Essendon subbed out an "injured" Laverde for Hind, I think it was Anzac day, clearly looking for some run to win the game. Laverde played the following week no issues.

Yeah I thought the same. 100 points up and playing off a five day break, Prestia being subbed with tightness seemed a little too convenient.

The 3 tall forwards looks great on paper but hasn't worked for us when tried. We look much better with 2 talls and the rest small forwards.

I disagree, it’s similar with the regular issues with Castagna. It looked good when we went forward, which we have struggled with recently as our midfield has been depleted. If Short continues his new role + Dusty returns and Shai keeps his form up… there are 3 players very good at sending the ball inside 50. That’s when we’ll know the value of the 3 forwards… and my guess is Riewoldt could be the one that gets off the leash as oppos struggle with the size/athleticism of Lynch and Balta.

Tarrant has been beyond awful. Costs us a minimum 3 goals per week. Shouldn't play again unless we get injuries.
Absolute horse shit.
He got flogged by walker but apart from that has hardly had a goal kicked on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back