Preview 2022 Round 8 vs Collingwood, MCG, May 7th, 1.45 - THE GOAT RETURNS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Really want Shorty to stay in the middle. Since Dion is out that means Cotch won’t push him out. Would love to see Baker blanket Ginnivan then beat him on the rebound. That kid needs to earn his keep against the sleeping Richmond giant and a hard nut like Bakes.

Also want to see Lynch deep and hitting up strong with Jack further up the ground ala 2008 Richo. Take Darcy Moore away from the d50.

Dusty and Shai straight swapping seems logical with Shai more middle. Defenders nightmare.

If this rain stays away Ivan and Nank should be dominant. Tigers of old.

Really want Shorty to stay in the middle. Since Dion is out that means Cotch won’t push him out. Would love to see Baker blanket Ginnivan then beat him on the rebound. That kid needs to earn his keep against the sleeping Richmond giant and a hard nut like Bakes.

Also want to see Lynch deep and hitting up strong with Jack further up the ground ala 2008 Richo. Take Darcy Moore away from the d50.

Dusty and Shai straight swapping seems logical with Shai more middle. Defenders nightmare.

If this rain stays away Ivan and Nank should be dominant. Tigers of old.
Prestia isn't confirmed out.

Im not sure why people are thinking Rioli & Baker to man up Ginnivan and i think Vlastuin is the obvious choice
Size is a factor and Ginnivan is 186cm tall and more a big mid size similar to caddy/martin height

Broad or Vlastuin would be my pick

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im not sure why people are thinking Rioli & Baker to man up Ginnivan and i think Vlastuin is the obvious choice
Size is a factor and Ginnivan is 186cm tall and more a big mid size similar to caddy/martin height

Broad or Vlastuin would be my pick
Haven't watched him closely...but he doesn't play tall. Rioli has the height...maybe 5-6 cm shorter and weight not that different I wouldn't think.
Likely small - medium forwards are:
Mcreery, Brown, Hoskin-Elliott Daicos and likely Henry coming in. Quite a bit of speed there. I'd prefer Vlas on Hoskin-Elliott as I think he could shut him down and intercept more as he likes to fly for the ball too.

You could be right though.. Put Rioli on Brown.

But I feel this minivan plays more groundball and a hunting Rioli /Baker type is the matchup. We'll see ...

Weather forecast is rain. From what I've seen the last few years the Pies do tend to struggle in the wet and from 2017-2020 we were unstoppable with 90% plus win rate in the wet suiting our chaos knock on gamestyle. We still do have it as our default game plan. I was at the late season game in 2019 when we destroyed them in the wet on a Friday night. JR8 and Lynchy are big and strong in those conditions. Tiges by 8 goals. 🐯

Last edited:
Weather forecast is rain. From what I've seen the last few years the Pies do tend to struggle in the wet and from 2017-2020 we were unstoppable with 90% plus win rate in the wet suiting our chaos knock on gamestyle. We still do have it as our default game plan. I was at the late season game in 2019 when we destroyed them in the wet on a Friday night. Tiges by 8 goals. 🐯

70% chance of 2-5mm in one area = won't rain

Grimes or Broad would be good match ups for De Goey when he's forward.

Ginnivan might look and act like a toss, but he can play and can be damaging. Another good chance for Rioli to shutdown another small.
EFA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back