Preview 2022 Round 8 vs Collingwood, MCG, May 7th, 1.45 - THE GOAT RETURNS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team selection will be interesting.

And we should win if we turn up for 4 quarters (said that every game bar Melbourne). Not sure but a win like last week often ignite a string of form. The Pies have some really nice pieces and a good coach. We have more quality and a more deeply embedded game plan. Just don't switch off for a quarter and we'll win by 5 goals.

IN: Cotch, Tarrant and the GOAT
OUT: Stack, Edwards and RCD

Dusty for RCD, mid for a mid

Tarrant comes in to take Balta spot, Balta moves up forward for the week and takes Stacks spot.

Cotch for Edwards, I don't think MRJ deserves to be dropped after last week, Collingwood are a fast moving side and quick around the ball, Edwards of course has great hand and foot abilities but they won't be any use if he doesn't have the time to use the ball, he's slow and I think MRJ is going to offer more this week than Edwards. Will they drop Edwards, probably not but they dropped Aarts so anything is possible.

the carlspoon spud casboult kicked 4.4 on these bums the other day... if lynch and jack cant kick 16 between em on saturday arvo we are having a laugh

and we have to remember we are this mobs grand final , theyll play like shit against the worst clubs and grow a third leg against us (aided by the umps every week). must be careful

IN: Cotch, Tarrant and the GOAT
OUT: Stack, Edwards and RCD

Dusty for RCD, mid for a mid

Tarrant comes in to take Balta spot, Balta moves up forward for the week and takes Stacks spot.

Cotch for Edwards, I don't think MRJ deserves to be dropped after last week, Collingwood are a fast moving side and quick around the ball, Edwards of course has great hand and foot abilities but they won't be any use if he doesn't have the time to use the ball, he's slow and I think MRJ is going to offer more this week than Edwards. Will they drop Edwards, probably not but they dropped Aarts so anything is possible.
So if collingwood are a fast moving side why would you bring in another tall in Tarrant?
Its completely counterintuitive

Last edited:
you're stealing my lines, i want royalties !!! :)
I hear Prince Andrew is very available right now if that is the kind of royalty you want?!!!

So if collingwood are a moving side why would you bring in another tall in Tarrant?
Its completely counterintuitive
Why wouldn't Tarrant come into the side? Like it or not he was rested last week and will 100% play, he orders the backline and to be fair has had a pretty good season considering Grimes and Flossy have been out.

Saying that a side is quick doesn't mean that every other player has to be quick. Edwards is a different story because if he says in MRJ will most likely go out, and I don't think that should be the case.

Why wouldn't Tarrant come into the side? Like it or not he was rested last week and will 100% play, he orders the backline and to be fair has had a pretty good season considering Grimes and Flossy have been out.

Saying that a side is quick doesn't mean that every other player has to be quick. Edwards is a different story because if he says in MRJ will most likely go out, and I don't think that should be the case.
Who comes out for Tarrant then?

Has to be a tall defender or Soldo or Reiwoldt

There’s no chance Tarrant just replaces a small, we would be too tall and slow.
that’s what I was getting at

Honestly I would be shocked if he replaced Gibcus, broad, grimes, balta, vlaustin or Soldo

I don’t think he’s best 22 unless we want to play super tall

Honestly I would be shocked if he replaced Gibcus, broad, grimes, balta, vlaustin or Soldo

I would say that Tarrant comes in, takes Balta spot, then Balta takes Stacks spot up forward. So Stack would go out for Tarrant, not sure if that would actually happen, but it makes the most sense I guess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Soldo might miss, don’t think it’s the right move but given the pies don’t really have any rucks they might be happy to have Nank take most of it and Balta take a few

Umps are gonna run their little leggies off on Saturday
That drawn game when the umpire did a 50 yard dash quicker than Usain Bolt when only 30 seconds remaining in the Collingwood forward line.

I would say that Tarrant comes in, takes Balta spot, then Balta takes Stacks spot up forward. So Stack would go out for Tarrant, not sure if that would actually happen, but it makes the most sense I guess.
Yeah I just think we are way too tall and slow if they go with that

And goes against what Dima said last week about getting more speed in our forward line

Ball will ping out of forward line like the first few rounds

Soldo might miss, don’t think it’s the right move but given the pies don’t really have any rucks they might be happy to have Nank take most of it and Balta take a few
I don’t think so

Dima has stated multiple times how much he thinks we play our best footy with nank and soldo in the team and Soldo had a good game vs eagles

Actually got his timing back and looking like a footballer again

An important game against a team in the same bracket of the ladder with us that we need to leapfrog over, and against a team we should beat if we're going to make an impact come September against the better teams.

As others are debating Tarrant is an interesting one. I'm not sure Balta is smart enough to be a swing man, a very hard job to be AFL standard at 2 opposing positions, and with such a good display up forward vs the witches hats on Friday without him, and Gibcus doing so well down back and gaining valuable experience how do we fit Tarrant in.
And then there is Pickett, and who makes way for him when he is ready.

In
Cotchin, Martin
Out
RCD, Prestia (inj)

Looking at the teams, with the possibility of it being a wet game I reckon soldo, stack and MRJ will make way for Pickett, dusty and cotch. Although would love to see short stay in the centre. Had a blinder last week

and we have to remember we are this mobs grand final , theyll play like shit against the worst clubs and grow a third leg against us (aided by the umps every week). must be careful
hit them hard, you reckon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back