Rumour 2022 Rumour Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

We traded Melbourne's 2022 1st rounder, not our own for Dawson.

We got that for trading 23, 37, 44, 62, 67 and a 2022 4th rounder and got pick 33 (Soligo) back as well. I believe those late picks 62 and 67 were sent to the Saints for points for them to grab Mitch Owens and we probably wouldn't have used them anyway.

So basic deal was 23, 37, 44, 62, 67 in 2021 and what is currently 58 this year for Dawson and Soligo.
AFC979810 confused me by insinuating we traded our first round pick for Dawson.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

100% grain of salt. Caleb Daniel looking to come back to SA

Guy at work, his son plays footy with some of Calebs mates.

100% grain of salt. Caleb Daniel looking to come back to SA

Guy at work, his son plays footy with some of Calebs mates.
TBH I feel like we have a younger faster and much cheaper version of Caleb who just debuted.

Caleb's a great player, but personally, I just wouldn't be chasing another small defender.

We traded Melbourne's 2022 1st rounder, not our own for Dawson.

We got that for trading 23, 37, 44, 62, 67 and a 2022 4th rounder and got pick 33 (Soligo) back as well. I believe those late picks 62 and 67 were sent to the Saints for points for them to grab Mitch Owens and we probably wouldn't have used them anyway.

So basic deal was 23, 37, 44, 62, 67 in 2021 and what is currently 58 this year for Dawson and Soligo.
Thats a huge huge win

TBH I feel like we have a younger faster and much cheaper version of Caleb who just debuted.

Caleb's a great player, but personally, I just wouldn't be chasing another small defender.
I like Parnell a lot, but geez he’s got a way to go to get to Caleb Daniel levels

If you can grab the finished product (if they’re not too old), you do it. That said, I do think investing in other areas of the ground should be more of a priority

I like Parnell a lot, but geez he’s got a way to go to get to Caleb Daniel levels

If you can grab the finished product (if they’re not too old), you do it. That said, I do think investing in other areas of the ground should be more of a priority
I'd argue that distributors from defence is one of the few areas we are probably ok with
Line breaking mids (more than 1), KPD, KPF, small forwards, ruckman all higher priorities

I'd argue that distributors from defence is one of the few areas we are probably ok with
Line breaking mids (more than 1), KPD, KPF, small forwards, ruckman all higher priorities
Yep. Both in terms of trade and draft

Daniel would always improve us a lot obviously, but I’m quite content with who we have in that area of the ground

Yeah I agree, but Caleb's market value is far too high IMO. We simply can't invest what it would take for another ball distributor from defense. Not with guys like Patty already on the list. Go the younger, cheaper player and see what he's got. Invest that money where its needed!

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2022 Rumour Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back