Rumour 2022 Rumour Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I agree, but Caleb's market value is far too high IMO. We simply can't invest what it would take for another ball distributor from defense. Not with guys like Patty already on the list. Go the younger, cheaper player and see what he's got. Invest that money where its needed!
If we are going to go all in, imo Jason Horne Francis would be the one as he is a tough as nails pure ball winning dynamic mid just starting his career in a position of desperate need for us. Yes he might not live up to the hype, but he has shown glimpses of what he can do and with game time you would think comes consistency. After him, then it should be a centre half back via trade - one of Freo's spares maybe?

Was there ever a review of any of the big rumor calls from the last thread?
Not sure this one was ever debated...lets have at it :)

Thilthorpe won't be taken before pick 9.

I like Parnell a lot, but geez he’s got a way to go to get to Caleb Daniel levels

If you can grab the finished product (if they’re not too old), you do it. That said, I do think investing in other areas of the ground should be more of a priority

Parnell is really exciting, but he has the genetics that maxes out at DMAC level physical strength over a football. Daniels has a lot of power that allows him to hold his position, I don't see Parnell developing like that.

Parnell is really exciting, but he has the genetics that maxes out at DMAC level physical strength over a football. Daniels has a lot of power that allows him to hold his position, I don't see Parnell developing like that.
Not sure how you know that. Much like Gollant... their parents should probably have fed them at some point. Starting from a fair bit back.

Not sure how you know that. Much like Gollant... their parents should probably have fed them at some point. Starting from a fair bit back.
An interesting long term study into epigenetics and using the Dutch Hunger Winter that shows it goes all the way back to the womb

A related observation from the Dutch Hunger Winter Study has been the importance of timing in the programming of adult disease. Those who were exposed to the famine only during late gestation were born small and continued to be small throughout their lives, with lower rates of obesity as adults than in those born before and after the famine. However, as indicated above, those exposed during early gestation experienced elevated rates of obesity, altered lipid profiles, and cardiovascular disease. In contrast, markers of reduced renal function were specific to those exposed in mid-pregnancy

An interesting long term study into epigenetics and using the Dutch Hunger Winter that shows it goes all the way back to the womb

A related observation from the Dutch Hunger Winter Study has been the importance of timing in the programming of adult disease. Those who were exposed to the famine only during late gestation were born small and continued to be small throughout their lives, with lower rates of obesity as adults than in those born before and after the famine. However, as indicated above, those exposed during early gestation experienced elevated rates of obesity, altered lipid profiles, and cardiovascular disease. In contrast, markers of reduced renal function were specific to those exposed in mid-pregnancy

Well that is good to learn something new every day.

Now to ask my mother a few questions. 🤣🤣

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m still none the wiser! 🤣. Someone care to pm the details?
Stat came out on the teev that Max Gawn has never taken a running bounce of the ball during a match. I think people are rumouring that Goody has taken a bet on Max having a running bounce...and I'm assuming the implication is that he'll instruct Max to have a bounce..??...well who TF knows what it all meant? That's what I got from all that cryptic stuff.

Not sure this one was ever debated...lets have at it :)

Thilthorpe won't be taken before pick 9.

It was pretty obvious to everyone.

Especially after we took Elijah Hollands at pick 1.

Crows will take Elijah Hollands with first pick.
(same norwood based source who said Stephens would go top 5 when most "experts" had him outside top 10).

Only injury stopped it, was definitely on. That’s why Goody was coaching from the sidelines. It was pretty obvious what was going on.
Max would have done it for the funny side of it and to stick it up everyone that ragged on Goodwin.
Only to find out after that goody had bet on it 😆

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2022 Rumour Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back