List Mgmt. 2022 Trade and Free Agency Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Reckon Mcstay will go money sounds to good for him to say no . If that happened 2 options play the double ruck with fort and Oscar up forward or wouldn’t mind Payne as long term full back and Harris going forward .

IMO for McStay it will come down to a combination of both money and on field success, if a rival offer is within 50-80K per year over what we are offering I think he will stay. If the offer is substantially longer and/or significantly more money he will move on.

I thought we had to drop a key forward to keep fort and Oscar in, if so no need to care about mcstay 👍
Find that comment incorrect. Short memory but when we have Joe, Daniher and Hippy we look a far better team. Hipwood is coming back from the knee but is also playing as the Number 1 key forward. That is not his usual role. We need to keep McStay. What ever Gardiner was on give it to McStay.

Find that comment incorrect. Short memory but when we have Joe, Daniher and Hippy we look a far better team. Hipwood is coming back from the knee but is also playing as the Number 1 key forward. That is not his usual role. We need to keep McStay. What ever Gardiner was on give it to McStay.

My comment was extremely sarcastic. We had all the ruck dominance from both Oscar and Darcy yesterday and it meant nothing, whereas we lost all structure forward without Joe and Dan.

Im confused, aren't Joe and Daniher the same person and you mean Joe, Dan and Eric?;)

I thought we had to drop a key forward to keep fort and Oscar in, if so no need to care about mcstay 👍

Hippy and Joe and Oscar and fort offer similar characteristics. Athletic, cover the ground, takes marks.

McStay offers a unique bash and crash and brute strength capability in our team ATM.

His loss will be massive. He is a critical player.

Giants can't afford Jacob Hopper. We having a dig ?

Hippy and Joe and Oscar and fort offer similar characteristics. Athletic, cover the ground, takes marks.

McStay offers a unique bash and crash and brute strength capability in our team ATM.

His loss will be massive. He is a critical player.
I think you're totally overrating him Gadzorks.

He's been pretty ordinary for quite a while and started to string a few games together the last year or 2. Brute strength and he are two terms I've never really seen aligned.

Never finished in the top 12 in our B/F so obviously not that highly rated by the coaches either.

But he's come good at last and as a second or third stringer he's better than every other team's third stringer. And most of the second stringers

So it'd be a shame to lose him after we've put so much into him. Now that we're a good team he's icing on the cake provided we have others like Daniher taking the heat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let’s go for Taranto
Is an interesting debate, honestly if I had the choice and assuming Taranto would cost a little bit more I think I’d take Hopper. Both provide similar contested ability but Hopper just a bit better on the outside imo.

I think you're totally overrating him Gadzorks.

He's been pretty ordinary for quite a while and started to string a few games together the last year or 2. Brute strength and he are two terms I've never really seen aligned.

Never finished in the top 12 in our B/F so obviously not that highly rated by the coaches either.

But he's come good at last and as a second or third stringer he's better than every other team's third stringer. And most of the second stringers

So it'd be a shame to lose him after we've put so much into him. Now that we're a good team he's icing on the cake provided we have others like Daniher taking the heat.

Possibly. But I like having a lot of different ways (types) of attacking. And I think McStays difference can be different pathway, even if it is just feeding the smalls.

Is an interesting debate, honestly if I had the choice and assuming Taranto would cost a little bit more I think I’d take Hopper. Both provide similar contested ability but Hopper just a bit better on the outside imo.
Ermmm… I don’t believe Hopper is better on the outside.

Taranto would be the ideal successor to Zorko.

Nah I don't agree with that, Taranto can be an absolute butcher of the ball and I think he's a bit one paced, just a bit vanilla imo. Hopper has shown a bit more ability to break from congestion and weave through traffic, not sure if it's a composure thing or he's got an extra yard of pace.

Hopper is better on the outside. He has a better sense of how to spread, which is underrated, and more competent by foot if still below average. There is a massive difference between Hopper's best and worst though, and he is very injury prone. If we got him, he'd be an in place replacement for Lyons - better at some aspects, worse at others with Lyons being an underrated kick.

Taranto has a burst of speed but doesn't use it well to get out of congestion and his disposal issues are well known. He can get a lot of the ball but your best bet from him is a ball on the top of your KPFs' heads. Zorko can spot up a leading player consistently. Taranto rarely exhibits that ability.

Hopper is better on the outside. He has a better sense of how to spread, which is underrated, and more competent by foot if still below average. There is a massive difference between Hopper's best and worst though, and he is very injury prone. If we got him, he'd be an in place replacement for Lyons - better at some aspects, worse at others with Lyons being an underrated kick.

Taranto has a burst of speed but doesn't use it well to get out of congestion and his disposal issues are well known. He can get a lot of the ball but your best bet from him is a ball on the top of your KPFs' heads. Zorko can spot up a leading player consistently. Taranto rarely exhibits that ability.
With that said, and not that it will happen for us, but just in general if you could choose between the 2 who would you take?

With that said, and not that it will happen for us, but just in general if you could choose between the 2 who would you take?
I'd take Hopper. At his best (which he's really only put together for three games at a time or so) he could be a Brownlow medal candidate.

However I don't know that he fits our midfield - we'd probably just extend our current issue which is Neale and Lyons overlapping too much.

I'd take Hopper. At his best (which he's really only put together for three games at a time or so) he could be a Brownlow medal candidate.

However I don't know that he fits our midfield - we'd probably just extend our current issue which is Neale and Lyons overlapping too much.
All depends on what Lyons is going forward, a midfield 5 of Neale, McCluggage, Hopper, Ashcroft and Rayner feels like it has all bases covered with what you want from a midfield group.

Interesting things out of the footy show last night I thought and interested in our gurus on this topic such as briztoon and a couple of others. They said Lachie Neale will again explore going back to WA and that GWS cant retain both of Tarano or Hopper (not great with GWS players so may not be right there). If we lost Lachie, could we look at one of those boys or would they go back to VIC.

In addition they said Liam Jones will come back to AFL. Could he assist our team as he is playing on GC?

They also kept banging on about Pies being one key fwd short to being great. Has me worried about our boy Dan who I would just hate to lose.

Interesting things out of the footy show last night I thought and interested in our gurus on this topic such as briztoon and a couple of others. They said Lachie Neale will again explore going back to WA and that GWS cant retain both of Tarano or Hopper (not great with GWS players so may not be right there). If we lost Lachie, could we look at one of those boys or would they go back to VIC.

In addition they said Liam Jones will come back to AFL. Could he assist our team as he is playing on GC?

They also kept banging on about Pies being one key fwd short to being great. Has me worried about our boy Dan who I would just hate to lose.

Didn't see the Neale thing pop up on any of the clips posted on socials, who went with it?

I can't see us getting anything that we'd want from Freo noting we don't need draft picks this year. Reckon we'd be better off retaining him for one more year next year even if we get nothing if he leaves the following year.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2022 Trade and Free Agency Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back