List Mgmt. 2022 Trade and Free Agency Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

All this waffle about which midfielder can and can’t run back to defend. Has anyone asked why our actual defenders can’t defend?
about filling space.
you see this with 6-6-6 forward line a lot more open hence a few teams get quick goals.

Having mids run back if we turn over the ball on our half forward line to slow things up.

But why are we questioning our best player who literally couldn’t do any more for this team while getting bashed up all game with no help, yet people like Andrews and the like get off scott free. Seems a wasted argument talking especially about Neale when he’s the best player in the team, and currently the AFL.

But why are we questioning our best player who literally couldn’t do any more for this team while getting bashed up all game with no help, yet people like Andrews and the like get off scott free. Seems a wasted argument talking especially about Neale when he’s the best player in the team, and currently the AFL.
If this forum were Twitter - Andrews and Gardiner would be trending for their lack of defensive form

people like Andrews and the like get off scott free. Seems a wasted argument talking especially about Neale when he’s the best player in the team, and currently the AFL.
People like Andrews and Gardiner have had their pros, cons, and issues discussed massively on this board many times this year - definitely more often than Neale ever has.

People like Andrews and Gardiner have had their pros, cons, and issues discussed massively on this board many times this year - definitely more often than Neale ever has.

Its been discussed ad nauseum the last 2 years. Basically the only thing that got more repeat mention was dropping Birchall or why Witherden wasn't getting games in 2020.

Its been discussed ad nauseum the last 2 years. Basically the only thing that got more repeat mention was dropping Birchall or why Witherden wasn't getting games in 2020.

Aaaannndddd

FJJ08aIP.jpg

If I was Ryan Lester I would look at joining a team such as north Melbourne would be great for the team have opportunity to play and be the perfect player to set standards both on and off the field

If I was Ryan Lester I would look at joining a team such as north Melbourne would be great for the team have opportunity to play and be the perfect player to set standards both on and off the field
He’d be the next Josh Walker. Continue playing when clearly you shouldn’t be and at the same put the club further backwards, but if a club happily wants to pay you why not take it?!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’d be the next Josh Walker. Continue playing when clearly you shouldn’t be and at the same put the club further backwards, but if a club happily wants to pay you why not take it?!
I’m guessing you’re the bigfooty version of Josh then as you keep posting when clearly you shouldn’t.

Your post is one of the more ridiculous I’ve read in a while.

Neale has been getting it in the back half all year. Likewise J Berry has been running his guts out to shore up the back half and still persisted even after he copped an embarrassing gobful from someone who shall remain nameless. Likewise McInerny does his best to get his body in the way there. Prior ,Ah Chee as well.

It's often too hard for anyone to get back when we get overrun a touch and don't man up effectively before it gets there.

The reality is that Bailey, Rayner ,Lyons generally don't when they're in the M/F. Ideally we'd love another 2 way runner in the M/F but I don't see it as a major problem provided we limit how often it gets down there

I've never been on the Lester bandwagon but on his showing when he got his opportunity and on Dizz's showings recently you'd have Lester.

Not that I think I would if I was backed into a corner. But on Lester's last performance he's improved quite a bit on where I had him pegged.

In fairness to North and Walker, if he wasn't on the list this year they would have just one fit key defender (Corr) at the moment. Josh isn't holding the club back, they haven't drafted/ recruited anybody else to challenge him for his position.

Interesting how Fogarty has been linked to Us having we were linked to Fogarty before he’s draft only for Brisbane to trade pick 12 to Adelaide for Charles Cameron
I don’t remember him ever being linked to the club before the draft.
More so just on this board and after the draft, how we over paid for Charlie because we missed out on Fogarty.

Your post is one of the more ridiculous I’ve read in a while.
Walker doesn’t even play for the Lions, yet your rose coloured glasses and defensive manor tells me you can’t let go of past players and actually have no idea about the game. Just chill dude, he doesn’t play for us anymore, don’t take it so personal.

I've never been on the Lester bandwagon but on his showing when he got his opportunity and on Dizz's showings recently you'd have Lester.

Not that I think I would if I was backed into a corner. But on Lester's last performance he's improved quite a bit on where I had him pegged.
The ball wasn’t moving forward with any great pace in the game that he played against the worst team in the comp (West Coast).
He played well in that game but so did the whole team defence considering they only scored 30 points.

All this waffle about which midfielder can and can’t run back to defend. Has anyone asked why our actual defenders can’t defend?
Defenders are the back six. Someone needs to defend up field.

Unless you think the BACK six are responsible for the whole field.

Oh, wait ... Just saw who I am taking too.

I actually think if Froggy wasn’t to get offered a contract at the end of the year, he would sign up for us as a top up player and move into coaching. He ha a great footy brain. I can’t see him uprooting his very young family to move interstate on minimum chips. I wouldn’t be surprised if we slip him year deals to help build the 2s. One of the true professionals at the club.

So the reason the defenders have been so bad, wait for it, is the midfielders.
The defenders have to do their job and do it well but there is a difference between defending against three opposition mids running the ball freely towards you up the corridor able to raffle it between them and able to spread and cover multiple avenues of approach with all the time in the world for either a lace out kick to a lead or a weighted kick over the back and you have to try and cover your own players plus the ones running towards you who, if left alone, will simply waltz inside the 50 and kick it over your head and defending against opposition mids who hardly have time to take a step before they are tackled and have to rush only half aimed kicks into the general area ... the midfielders are 100% a part of the team defense as these days are the forward line.

Defensive responsibility is not a binary option - it is a multivariate equation.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2022 Trade and Free Agency Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back