List Mgmt. 2022 Trade, Draft, etc thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Youre listening to trade radio mate? What did you expect? :tearsofjoy:

So much dead time to dribble absolute s**t.
Of course I'm not listening! I just like looking at their ridiculous mock trade tweets

He is aggressive, mobile and plays with papley-like passion. His accuracy for goal is my only query. The technique isn't horrible but he isn't a deadeye by any stretch. He has been compared to Harrison Jones but I compare him more to a Travis Cloke. I think thats a good comparison.

It's not worth trading up for pick 5 if they believe Jefferson is better or just as good who will be around pick 10 but I'm sure we'd want to trade up to ensure we don't run the risk of missing out on both.

A big part of me feels Jason Taylor would love Reuben Ginbey too. The problem is he's a WA boy, and the mfc may be a little spooked after the Jackson debacle. And he also doesn't fit a need (he's a midfielder). But he's a 190cm who is as hard as Jack Viney. If we're talking best available and someone who Jason Taylor has historically gone for, i'd say he'd be in the mix.

No offence Danster but I am in stitches reading this.

Where do we go to look for the draft camp results on the "Papley-like passion" test?

Personally I feel that while Papley-like passion is worthwhile, our real list need is Weightman-like focus or Craig Smoker-like concentration

Where do we go to look for the draft camp results on the "Papley-like passion" test?

Personally I feel that while Papley-like passion is worthwhile, our real list need is Weightman-like focus or Craig Smoker-like concentration

You post with Papley like passion

How good would it be if we had Liam Ryan hanging 2 metres off Ben Brown, AT ALL TIMES?
He can always be there ready to take a big grab!

it'd be like having a 4 metre tall player that clunks marks, they'd be impossible to outmark or spoil cos Liam Ryan will be way above everyone
I wonder if anyone has tried this, just get another bloke to sit on another’s shoulders and sit him in the goal square…..wait a minute, I wonder if goody plans on putting Grundy on Gawns shoulders, we would be unstoppable.

I wonder if anyone has tried this, just get another bloke to sit on another’s shoulders and sit him in the goal square…..wait a minute, I wonder if goody plans on putting Grundy on Gawns shoulders, we would be unstoppable.
Good needs to lay off the acid and stop watching Power Rangers. Probably imagines BBB can be used as some sort of sword by this Gawn/Grundy hybrid monster

Why would I take offence? Not sure why you would find it funny. A scouts job is to use the eye test. If you have your head buried in draft camp results and stats then you end up taking Jack Watts at number 1 in the draft because he had a 2.82 20m sprint (2nd overall), 4th in the vertical jump (70cm). Or James Strauss over Hannebery because he beat him in the agility test.

You do realise that footy smarts and game sense are the intangibles that also can't be measured.

Last edited:
Why would I take offence? Not sure why you would find it funny. A scouts job is to use the eye test. If you have your head buried in draft camp results and stats then you end up taking Jack Watts at number 1 in the draft because he had a 2.82 20m sprint (2nd overall), 4th in the vertical jump (70cm). Or James Strauss over Hannebery because he beat him in the agility test.

You do realise that footy smarts and game sense are the intangibles that also can't be measured.

Yeah I don't care about draft test results either, stupid way to recruit. The way you wrote that previous post cracked me up.

I do realise that footy smarts and game sense are intangibles but I hadn't previously thought about Papley-like passion as one of the key intangibles for recruiters to consider.

Yeah I don't care about draft test results either, stupid way to recruit. The way you wrote that previous post cracked me up.

I do realise that footy smarts and game sense are intangibles but I hadn't previously thought about Papley-like passion as one of the key intangibles for recruiters to consider.
I honestly think it would be. The way he plays is the staple of his game. And those that don't have it, screams loudly. I guess its intensity at the end of the day. Guys that play like the game matters. Basically the opposite to Cale Morton.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I honestly think it would be. The way he plays is the staple of his game. And those that don't have it, screams loudly. I guess its intensity at the end of the day. Guys that play like the game matters. Basically the opposite to Cale Morton.

I don't disagree mate. It was the specificity of choosing Papley that got me. I don't mind him as a player but I wouldn't have him top of mind for that type of example.

G&G podcast with JT, he said he doesn't care about draft camp either.

Have we tried Oskar Baker at full forward? Oskar Baker full forward, Joel Smith forward pocket. F50 issues solved!

Finally been linked to someone apparently we have interest Josh Corbett. And want a top 7 pick and future 1st for Jackson.

Finally been linked to someone apparently we have interest Josh Corbett. And want a top 7 pick and future 1st for Jackson.

If we can get Jackson Nelson and a Murphy, we'd have Crow . T Robot, Mike and Tom Servo. MST3K 4L.

3 clubs clubs linked to him? He must be good. Corbett is a must get for me now.
Me too.

I have no ****ing idea about anything but I want to up the drama of trade week with some passion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back