Training 2022 Training Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Acres was brought in to mitigate the loss of our two established wingers, and he's done that pretty well.

Can we upgrade that position? Sure can, and clearly it has been a key part of our list management strategy for the past few drafts.

My tip is that Acres gets another contract, but that's far from certain.

For me he's in the same basket as the likes of Hughes, Banfield, Colyer and others. They are AFL standard players with some significant flaws and limitations. Depth? Teasers? Scapegoats?
Half the games Acres showed he can play and the other half not so much.

As you said he is ok as a depth player.

When Johnson gets fit, I would rather him over Acres.

It is hard to erase those squibby moments Acres presents from time to time.

Although in fairness later last year he seemed to not be to bothered with putting his head over the ball. At least he's a professional when it comes to preparation and training.

Quickly- anyone remember Suban running head first and knocking himself out?

Half the games Acres showed he can play and the other half not so much.

As you said he is ok as a depth player.

When Johnson gets fit, I would rather him over Acres.
Everyone knows by now that Acres is a C grader at best, if the club were happy with his output we wouldn’t be pushing Tucker and Henry into that position as well as drafting Worner. I share many on this boards view that we should play on of the backs (Chapman, Walker, Clark or Young) here rather than having them play in the reserves, they all show too much promise to be playing Acres ahead of them.
He should be our ‘break glass in case of emergency’ if an injury crisis hits.

It is hard to erase those squibby moments Acres presents from time to time.

Although in fairness later last year he seemed to not be to bothered with putting his head over the ball. At least he's a professional when it comes to preparation and training.

Quickly- anyone remember Suban running head first and knocking himself out?
You mean this?
I have it bookmarked for anytime I need a giggle

1633172957670.gif

1633173071075.gif

Everyone knows by now that Acres is a C grader at best, if the club were happy with his output we wouldn’t be pushing Tucker and Henry into that position as well as drafting Worner. I share many on this boards view that we should play on of the backs (Chapman, Walker, Clark or Young) here rather than having them play in the reserves, they all show too much promise to be playing Acres ahead of them.
He should be our ‘break glass in case of emergency’ if an injury crisis hits.
100% agree.

My original point was that Acres won't be getting many games this coming season.

Acres played some B grade games but their was many D grade performances.

Definitely more capable one on one, in the past we have relied on individual efforts.
Yet besides Freo supporters no one has us making the 8.
I think with the pace, skills we should be a threat, we have also added some size with Brodie, Erasmus, Worner.
Only negative was Cerra, but that just creates opportunity for someone else.
If our spine stands up, I think we may surprise a few doubters.
Other club supporters are not aware of what happen to us last year.

If we kick straight we make finals.

Less injuries we make finals.

Home game at the G against the Blues didn't help.

Sure we lost Cerra and we gained Clark. Sure isn't like for like but the loss of Cerra is reduced.

Our list is still 5th youngest with a lot of upside and first round picks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

100% agree.

My original point was that Acres won't be getting many games this coming season.

Acres played some B grade games but their was many D grade performances.
Yeah best he is a solid B grader.

IMO Theres a group there at that level who, if theyre being pushed out of our best 22, it’s a very good sign:

Aish, Acres, Wilson, Hughes, Colyer

If the following are making the 22 (not through injury) then bottom 6 here we come (again)

Banfield, Crowden, Blakely,

IMO Theres a group there at that level who, if theyre being pushed out of our best 22, it’s a very good sign:

If the following are making the 22 (not through injury) then bottom 6 here we come (again)

How can I double like that??

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Agree mostly, but I still have some hopes for Crowden. He’s such a good ball user by foot that you have to think he has more to offer than he’s shown

Other than Crowden, I agree.

Remove this Banner Ad

Training 2022 Training Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Back