• Doedee

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Schoenberg

Votes: 23 27.1%
  • Milera

Votes: 6 7.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure a good hip and shoulder bump that doesnt even contact the head should be given the same grading as a deliberate swinging leg though.. the Sturt player knew he’d really fxxked it up from the second he did it.

Reckon he should’ve got minimum 3 weeks.. swinging a leg out like that can have catastrophic consequences for both the player doing it and the bloke he trips..

He was lucky the impact wasnt that bad..
As I’ve previously said, the SANFL have come down hard on incidents with high contact this year. If anyone really wants some perspective then go back and look at other MRP decisions. From the vision I can’t tell how and where Wright got them high, I’m sure the umpire was closer than anyone on here.

So Nankervis and Wright out

Please have Crouch and Strachan in

Then a side of

F NEWCHURCH MADGEN (C) MCKENZIE
HF BERRY GOLLANT O'LOUGHLIN
C COOK CROUCH DOWLING
HB PARNELL BORLASE HAMILL
B BOYLE KEANE CLAMP
R STRACHAN BROWN HATELY
I COLEMAN HAYSMAN TAHANA BOND
Strachan still out injured this week unfortunately.

Dam. Thought he still was to be tested. It’s only Tuesday. Game not till Sunday.
Said on channel 7 news tonight he won't be available this week... so gather not even close.

So Nankervis and Wright out

Please have Crouch and Strachan in

Then a side of

F NEWCHURCH MADGEN (C) MCKENZIE
HF BERRY GOLLANT O'LOUGHLIN
C COOK CROUCH DOWLING
HB PARNELL BORLASE HAMILL
B BOYLE KEANE CLAMP
R STRACHAN BROWN HATELY
I COLEMAN HAYSMAN TAHANA BOND

So by my count we only have 25 to pick from with no Strachan and assuming Crouch doesn't play.

20 from the above team plus Sigal, Templeton, Sharrad, Kappler and Johnson missing with two of those to go in to cover Strachan and Crouch.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So, now that Crouch's contract is sorted I assume he'll be in this week.

Owes his team mates and wouldn't want to let them down, invaluable experience to pass on, large injury toll, club first attitude etc

Surely there's no thinking that him playing would be completely pointless for a senior player with nothing to prove in a game the club doesn't really care about. Right?

Owes his team mates and wouldn't want to let them down, invaluable experience to pass on, large injury toll, club first attitude etc

Surely there's no thinking that him playing would be completely pointless for a senior player with nothing to prove in a game the club doesn't really care about. Right?
If he’s not injured it’s extremely poor

The club already announced he won't be playing, stating it was a collaborative decision with the high performance team to prep him for next year.

The club already announced he won't be playing, stating it was a collaborative decision with the high performance team to prep him for next year.

Seems eminently sensible

Will be interested to see if there's any scathing responses from our fans

The statement from the club on Crouch is totally unacceptable for several reasons. First, I am certain that when we joined the competition, we gave assurances that we would not do this, particularly in finals. I seem to recall the words “play the line” were used at the time, and may even be in our agreement. Until now, I believe we have honoured this, but apparently not any more. It is totally disrespectful to the competition to treat a final this way, and will give justification to those who don’t believe we belong in the competition. Also, I think it has really assisted our player development that we have managed to attract better quality top up players to our SANFL team; what message does this send to them? Bottom line; if a player qualifies and isn’t injured they absolutely should play.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The club can't have it both ways. They can't claim we are one club with three teams united then rest a gun player for the SANFL finals because the SANFL doesn't matter.

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds 2023 Adelaide Crows SANFL thread

Back